[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That was Green hockey, but a win is a win.

Hronek, you can’t do that in a 2-0 playoff game with less than 5 minutes left.

Myers, Zadorov, Cole and DeSmith won us that game.

I thought Boeser was our best forward tonight as well.

So very true. They play ‘back off’ defensive hockey for 25 minutes, and then a blue line step up with 5 mins to go for… what reason? 

Myers had maybe his best defensive game as a Canuck, Zadorov is a monster. 

Gutsy win.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Bingo. As I said to someone else, there were a few times in third where they just gave up possession in the O-zone & retreated to a defensive posture.

A better defense is maintaining a cycle in their end imo, but I'm sure they'll correct that.

Overall winning the special teams battle so decisively is the biggest story for me. PP finally steps up & the PK was massive. Thought special teams was Nashville's biggest advantage coming in, if they can keep winning it I love our chances. 

Yeah this is honestly the best our pk has looked all year. It's not even that good but at least it's passable! It's slowly getting more aggressive! Slowly! It's like they need confidence to kill penalties lol 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That was Green hockey, but a win is a win.

Hronek, you can’t do that in a 2-0 playoff game with less than 5 minutes left.

Myers, Zadorov, Cole and DeSmith won us that game.

I thought Boeser was our best forward tonight as well.

Did you intentionally leave Miller out just to get @-dlc- ticked off? 😂

And seriously, yes Hronek's defensive wart at the most inopportune times are getting worrisome. PA might want to take a look around the other top pairing D candidates in the market before signing him > $8 mil contract.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Huh? We were hemmed in our zone in the third. 

That's why I said we can't have periods like the third again if we want to have success.

We didn't even try to hold possession or have any o-zone time, we dumped the puck in everytime we got it and went into a defensive shell. I don't think the Preds were that much better, the Canucks just weren't skating and were strictly playing defense. We did have a good defensive third, but we didn't play well in that period.

• Like 1