[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That was Green hockey, but a win is a win.

Hronek, you can’t do that in a 2-0 playoff game with less than 5 minutes left.

Myers, Zadorov, Cole and DeSmith won us that game.

I thought Boeser was our best forward tonight as well.

Blueger was pivotal in the final minute

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

We were great defensively in that third, and DeSmith played great all game! Super happy for the win, but we can't have periods like the 3rd again, that is not a recipe for success, and neither is 12 SOG Ina game.

We pulled it out tonight, but need to be better on Sunday!

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Maybe sat back a little too much in the third, for about 50 mins it was a fantastic defensive game. Last 10 were good too but they didn't even try to move up the ice.

Playoff nerves are back baby! Can't wait till Sunday. 

Played great structurally but as you said, you can't ignore moving it up the ice. I dunno why the team thinks it's more advantageous to give away possession and then change vs holding possession in their end and then changing. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Think the double penalties tilted the ice. 

Yeah but there were a couple sequences where the Canucks had a chance to hold onto pucks & you can tell they were focused on getting into a defensive posture.

Boeser had a chance to move in & surrendered the puck.

Mikheyev worked the puck into the zone, puck came to Blueger & he could've cycled it around the net harder to a teammate & maintain possession but kinda went half power and moved into a defensive position.

Clutch kills though. Don't ask you how in the playoffs. Special teams coming through tonight is massive. So so big. 

• Cheers 1

Lots of positives - special teams, goaltending, some great performances from Cole and the D. But I really struggle with the strategy of defense only for a whole period. Imagine that against a team like the Oilers - almost certain loss.

seems like they were after hughes a lot tonight.....Our D-men are solid....bottom 4 were amazing tonight.  Desmith had an amazing night, the goalie effort we are gonna need to win is right there. loved the first 2 3rd period felt like a 20 minute pk...but....a win is a win is a win...

elmo count GIF by Sesame Street

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

We were great defensively in that third, and DeSmith played great all game! Super happy for the win, but we can't have periods like the 3rd again, that is not a recipe for success, and neither is 12 SOG Ina game.

We pulled it out tonight, but need to be better on Sunday!

Huh? We were hemmed in our zone in the third. 

• Confused 3

Special teams and goaltending, how you win playoff games and we were definitely better on both. I think that was likely goalie interference on their goal, but unless you’re certain you can’t risk the challenge there. Good win, pressure on Nashville now 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Played great structurally but as you said, you can't ignore moving it up the ice. I dunno why the team thinks it's more advantageous to give away possession and then change vs holding possession in their end and then changing. 

Bingo. As I said to someone else, there were a few times in third where they just gave up possession in the O-zone & retreated to a defensive posture.

A better defense is maintaining a cycle in their end imo, but I'm sure they'll correct that.

Overall winning the special teams battle so decisively is the biggest story for me. PP finally steps up & the PK was massive. Thought special teams was Nashville's biggest advantage coming in, if they can keep winning it I love our chances. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1