[PGT] Vancouver at Nashville - Round 1 - Game 3

2 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

Gotta love the media, when Nashville wins game 2 blocking tons of shots (despite getting demolished in possession) it’s a great road effort. When Vancouver wins in almost identical fashion (despite the fact that Nashville had very few high danger chances until very late), they can’t wait to point out how the shot total was so lopsided. Does the team with the most shots on goal win the Stanley Cup?

Good news doesn't sell stories

We feed on misery, like blood to a vampire 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

gotta mention also...the difference in crowd atmosphere in smashville with rogers.....not even the same universe.....

Well if Elizabeth sang anthems the way the Nashville girl did, half of rogers arena would be asleep too

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

Terrifying? Not for me. I saw a Canucks team that kept the Predators to the outside, cleaned up loose pucks and frustrated their big guns at every turn. They have talked all season about being able to close out a lead in the third and they've been largely successful. Tonight was textbook Tocchet defensive hockey. The penalty kill was also excellent. Nobody panicked and nobody deviated from the game plan.

I wasn't either, except for the last 2 minutes after the Preds scored. One mistake it's a tie game, but somehow we kept the puck away from our net. 

Can't deny we had puck lucks tonight too, especially on defensive end.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Mrwipeout said:

gotta mention also...the difference in crowd atmosphere in smashville with rogers.....not even the same universe.....

It was often difficult to hear Shorthouse during Game 1 over the crowd, absolute ghost town in Nashville by comparison 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Terrifying? Not for me. I saw a Canucks team that kept the Predators to the outside, cleaned up loose pucks and frustrated their big guns at every turn. They have talked all season about being able to close out a lead in the third and they've been largely successful. Tonight was textbook Tocchet defensive hockey. The penalty kill was also excellent. Nobody panicked and nobody deviated from the game plan.

Agreed. They could afford to play this kind of game when they were leading by 2. That's why a team "dominating" the play is usually the team trailing behind.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

They gotta keep Zadorov around, this guy needs to be part of the core long term.

There are definitely some lows but when he's on his game he can really make an impact - thought he was great tonight.

PA pretty much got both Zadorov and Lindholm for a couple thirds. Amazingly great GM work. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Missed entire game, business ... fucking business but as Borat says "GREAT SUCCESS"

To all the wet blankets, Debbie Downers, bandwagonners, doubters,and Trolls ... my message to you... 

106421.gif

So fucking proud of this team .....!!!!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

I wasn't either, except for the last 2 minutes after the Preds scored. One mistake it's a tie game, but somehow we kept the puck away from our net. 

Can't deny we had puck lucks tonight too, especially on defensive end.

And the Preds had the luck in game two. We won. Our club is better. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Fun fact: Even if the Canucks had scored on every shot there still are 19 games they would have lost and another 35 that would have gone into OT.

laughing-hysterically-laugh.gif

STOP, STOP, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST STOP.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Zadorov will be looking for $5 million+ in the summer….

Give it to him. I think we can keep both Zad and Joshua with Hronek money. I don’t know how Hronek deserves more than Hughes.

• Cheers 2