Penalties. The league hates us.

When the WHL and BCHL have consistently better officiating than the NHL, corruption is the obvious conclusion.  The league really needs to be put under constant pressure until they start holding these dirtbags accountable for the blatant match fixing.

• Upvote 1

Yeah reffing has been ridicious. I can accept that high stick, but it sure doesnt look like Lauzon was bleeding in the first double minor. 

You shouldn't be comparing regular season and playoff numbers though, everyone knows playoff hockey is different. 

9 hours ago, DANJR said:

We have taken more penalties this series than Nashville...of course.

This is the history Vancouver has with the Refs.

From 1994 to 2024 in regular league play 
1157 games played.  -29 for net penalties.

Switch that over to the playoffs in the same time period
74 games played   -39 net penalties.   1/15 th the number of games 10 more penalties.

This is the same for virtually every time period of the Canucks history.

This season we are 

82 games played net +11 powerplays

Playoffs

5 games played -5 powerplays.

We will never win a cup With Roger's statue outside the arena.  The Ref's will continue to obliterate us on the scoresheet, then label us as undisciplined.

I won't even get into the placement of the calls.  Suffice to say Opposition gets the early calls. Canucks get make up calls late in the game to make the calls more balanced.  I wish I had the time and money to go through every game and do a detailed report.  It isn't a conspiracy theory it is facts.  Numbers don't lie.

Instant replay 

zebra eat GIF

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

3 power plays for Preds Vs. None for Canucks in Game 6 was one final screw-job by the refs in round 1, but we found a way. Keep that white towel waving, fans. 

Edited by Slegr
  • Like 2

The thing is that they need to get caught holding the cookie in the jar.  I don't think we can expect them to continue until authority caught them and only by then changes might come.  The biggest issue is that nobody in the US cares about that stats unless it affect them.  NBA ref was caught for fixing the point spread and baseball had its own scandal in 1920 world series where some player threw.    You will need some hard evidence if we are to hold the NHL ref accountable. Some of our favorite ref that favor the Canucks in the regular season is not working in the playoffs.  We continue to see Sutherland working still in the playoffs.  Never forget 2011 piece of work there.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You don't even need to look at history. Just look at this round. 

Game 1

Canucks win 4-2

Penalties Nucks 4 Nash 2

Canucks get called for the last 4 out of 5 penalties. Not much more the refs can do to help Nashville 

Game 2

Canucks lose 4-1

Penalties were 4 each but this was the game the canucks dominated despite the loss. 

Game 3

Canucks win 2-1

Penalties canucks 5 Nashville 3

Canucks with the only 2 penalties in the 3rd while defending a 2-0 lead with a super weak call on Boeser and then a Zadorvov delay of game when already down a man... 

Game 4

Canucks win 4-3

Penalties 2 a piece

Lindholm called on a super weak interference penalty that took the canucks off the PP as soon as it started. 

Nashville the went up 3-1 in the 3rd and the refs swallowed the whistle and let everything go and let Nashville muck it up. (so much for that interference penalty on Lindholm) Boeser than took over and we stole a win

Game 5

Canucks lose 2-1

Elimination game for Nashville 

Penalties : Canucks 4 Nashville 2

Why am I not surprised? 

Game 6

Canucks win 1-0

Penalties:Canucks 3 Nash 0

Super weak call on Lindholm in the final 2 minutes where they let that crosscheck go all series

In 6 Games, the canucks are a net minus 9 in penalties. 

This is a series that we won in 6 games yet we were a negative 9 in penalties!

Like how does that happen?? 

You mean to tell me in the 4 games we won, there wasn't a single game where we drew more penalties than the opposition? 

While that's disturbing, what's even worse is that penalties that were called doesn't even paint the entire picture. 

Im more upset about all the non calls that further screwed our team. 

That BS crosscheck penalty on Lindholm today? That play was a regular occurrence on Petey and Garland this series. 

How about all the late hits on Hughes? 

The weak interference penalty on Lindholm in game 4 yet interference was the norm all series for the Preds. 

I'm curious if a team has ever won a 6 game series while 

A) never having a single game where they out drew the opposition in penalties

B) had net - 9 or more differential in penalties 

I find it funny that the only 2 games where we were tied in penalties was the one we lost 4-1 and the one we were losing 3-1 and made a miracle comeback. 

Our other 3 wins, we were a minus 7 in penalties combined....

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, DANJR said:

There is a difference saying we got screwed and penalties are essentailly even.

Big difference when the stats are not in your favour, year after year for decades.  I've shown that with the numbers.
I would go in even deeper detail, but no one is paying me to spend days to weeks to research decades of games to give even more difinintive proof.

I don’t have an issue with the penalties the Canucks take Injust have an issue that the same penalties aren’t called agains the other team. At least call it both ways and it seems like they pick and choose when they call them to impact games in some way. If a gem has tons of penalties and they are legit, call them. Teams will learn pretty fast that those refs aren’t putting up with anything illegal out there and will adjust. I just hate there has to be a rule you can only have so many penalties in a game and then they put the whistles away. In an everyday regular job when are you allowed to pick and choose when you want to do your job. If you aren’t lazy it should be never but everyone knows there is an unwritten rule where refs can just stop making calls. It’s bizarre. That’s their job.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, coolboarder said:

The thing is that they need to get caught holding the cookie in the jar.  I don't think we can expect them to continue until authority caught them and only by then changes might come.  The biggest issue is that nobody in the US cares about that stats unless it affect them.  NBA ref was caught for fixing the point spread and baseball had its own scandal in 1920 world series where some player threw.    You will need some hard evidence if we are to hold the NHL ref accountable. Some of our favorite ref that favor the Canucks in the regular season is not working in the playoffs.  We continue to see Sutherland working still in the playoffs.  Never forget 2011 piece of work there.  

There's written documentation of Colin Campbell telling the refs to rig games and the NHL didn't even fire that piece of shit.

• Like 2

Victim stanced blaming weaksauce nonsene

You can interpret your numbers to suit your belief but it still boils down to whining girly-man soft look shite

Ya think the players blame their losses on the refs or the imbalanced calls?

Ya think we're the only team that you could analyze like this and hold up your findings and cry Ohhh poor us!?

Wasted time and energy man

Try instead enjoying the ride and the excitement of overcoming a game where our boys had to battle through some adversity yet again and did so in heroic fashion

Trust me. You'll be much happier

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There's written documentation of Colin Campbell telling the refs to rig games and the NHL didn't even fire that piece of shit.

Also Tim Peel was caught on a hot mic in the middle of a game telling his partner that a call was super weak but he just wanted to penalize that team early. So we must ask, who told him to penalize them early? Why did that occur to him to do? Why would an NHL referee step on the ice with the intention of putting one of the teams down first? All of this just gets swept under the rug, but it's incredibly disturbing if you consider it for even just a few seconds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

You don't even need to look at history. Just look at this round. 

Game 1

Canucks win 4-2

Penalties Nucks 4 Nash 2

Canucks get called for the last 4 out of 5 penalties. Not much more the refs can do to help Nashville 

Game 2

Canucks lose 4-1

Penalties were 4 each but this was the game the canucks dominated despite the loss. 

Game 3

Canucks win 2-1

Penalties canucks 5 Nashville 3

Canucks with the only 2 penalties in the 3rd while defending a 2-0 lead with a super weak call on Boeser and then a Zadorvov delay of game when already down a man... 

Game 4

Canucks win 4-3

Penalties 2 a piece

Lindholm called on a super weak interference penalty that took the canucks off the PP as soon as it started. 

Nashville the went up 3-1 in the 3rd and the refs swallowed the whistle and let everything go and let Nashville muck it up. (so much for that interference penalty on Lindholm) Boeser than took over and we stole a win

Game 5

Canucks lose 2-1

Elimination game for Nashville 

Penalties : Canucks 4 Nashville 2

Why am I not surprised? 

Game 6

Canucks win 1-0

Penalties:Canucks 3 Nash 0

Super weak call on Lindholm in the final 2 minutes where they let that crosscheck go all series

In 6 Games, the canucks are a net minus 9 in penalties. 

This is a series that we won in 6 games yet we were a negative 9 in penalties!

Like how does that happen?? 

You mean to tell me in the 4 games we won, there wasn't a single game where we drew more penalties than the opposition? 

While that's disturbing, what's even worse is that penalties that were called doesn't even paint the entire picture. 

Im more upset about all the non calls that further screwed our team. 

That BS crosscheck penalty on Lindholm today? That play was a regular occurrence on Petey and Garland this series. 

How about all the late hits on Hughes? 

The weak interference penalty on Lindholm in game 4 yet interference was the norm all series for the Preds. 

I'm curious if a team has ever won a 6 game series while 

A) never having a single game where they out drew the opposition in penalties

B) had net - 9 or more differential in penalties 

I find it funny that the only 2 games where we were tied in penalties was the one we lost 4-1 and the one we were losing 3-1 and made a miracle comeback. 

Our other 3 wins, we were a minus 7 in penalties combined....

The late hits on Hughes were just garbage.  I mean running him 2 seconds after he's moved the puck is ridiculous.  Didn't O'Brian get suspended for a hit that was like 0.4 seconds?
The rest of your post is exactly what I mean, this is the reason I made this post.

I believe there will be no difference in the calls in the Edmonton Vancouver series.....because it's two Canadian series.  But woe be to whomever moves into the next round.