[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

21 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Tuesday night. 

20 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Tuesday, time TBD.

Cheers guy was looking on SN website and couldn’t see anything.

• Cheers 1

No idea how this is going to go, but I'm going for Canucks in 7, but hoping for Canucks in 6...

Our PK was magic against Preds, but Oilers are a different animal... or at least since Christmas...

Can Lindholm and Miller contain McD, we could take this. 

However if the refs are going to call ever hook and grab, I fear for our chances... Hopefully we can stay disciplined and hammer McD endlessly...

And we need our PP to get hot again....it's a must...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I’m so pumped - I bought a ticket for game 1, my first playoff game in person after 33 years of watching. 
I’m from Van Island, but over in Van on business Tuesday / Wednesday so it works perfect, unless they move it to a night other than Tuesday. 

Good on you... have fun, make some noise and win the f'ing thing... 🙂

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

I don't think it can be understated how Mik is contributing to EP's crap play. EP is slumping and ultimately its on him to carry that line, but frig. New series, new hope for these two, and Hogs to step up.

Maybe have Petey with Suter and Boeser?  Worked on that goal to clinch series and Petey seemed more engaged with them.  Bring Pidz back up and have Hogs and Podz flank Miller. 

28 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

PINK Floyd is timeless.

Tyler Myers cock blocking the Preds in the dying seconds to come up with the save of the playoffs: priceless 

For everything else there's Mastercard 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Maybe have Petey with Suter and Boeser?  Worked on that goal to clinch series and Petey seemed more engaged with them.  Bring Pidz back up and have Hogs and Podz flank Miller. 

I don't know, never been a fan of EP and Brock together, and JT and Brock definitely have chemistry. I have a feeling we will see more of the Lotto line. I think more free ice for them this series.

• Cheers 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

Should be the other way around. Singh is fine as an Oilers' regional guy, but I can't stand listening to him do our broadcasts. Shorthouse is a Canucks homer to be sure, but he balances himself well on the broadcast and leaves the homer takes to the colour guy (like Garret in the past).

Still trying to figure this out. Who decides? Why Can't Shorthouse at least at least do the Canuck games at home.  I've listened to both and Shorthouse is not bias

but we are not talking about the color guys. Shorthouse is the very best play by play announcer in the league. Get this; There have been times when the Canucks

didn't make the show (many times),and Shorthouse was asked to play by play somewhere else. 

I've already used my Twitter account and many people don't understand.               Damn!                                        

GMwRtYDXQAA2bbi?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Rip The Mesh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I don't know, never been a fan of EP and Brock together, and JT and Brock definitely have chemistry. I have a feeling we will see more of the Lotto line. I think more free ice for them this series.

For me, I don’t see why we’d break up Suter-Miller-Boeser as they’ve been fabulous.  Same with Garland-Lindholm-Joshua.

Petey is just going to have to figure it out with Hoglander and Mikheyev. They’ve had some chances and stuff. Just need to start burying them.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Wouldn’t mind seeing 

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Lafferty

Hoglander-Suter-PDG

Match up the third line against Mcdavid. Two speedy wingers who can keep up with him and Lindholm is elite defensively.

Leaves the lotto and Garland line to do their thing offensively. 4th line is solid and Hoglander has shown he can drive it himself when he gets weaker matchups. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

I may be showing my age here.... but on youtube search Pink Floyd... and just play their concerts back to back.

David Gilmour has announced a tour, hopefully Vancouver is on it!

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Tyler Myers cock blocking the Preds in the dying seconds to come up with the save of the playoffs: priceless 

For everything else there's Mastercard 

as long as he's not injured a la Sami Salo 

At least the teams are closer in time zones.

Cudos to Tochett and staff , for getting us here.

Still in shock with the intensity of the game.

I am sure the coilers are not happy they face us. I am sure that most any remaining team is glad they are not facing us.

Personally I am not worried who we play. Remain brutally defensive, assume forwarding. 

• MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I do get it.

And the ones who ruin it are bad apples, not the norm. 

You were referring to Canucks/Oilers fans and that's what I responded to. Seems now you're moving the goalposts to fit a narrative. I don't give a damn about soccer, the Bruins or Habs.

Don't try to stereotype an entire fanbase on your soccer experiences.

And how is it ok for you to gatekeep how fans react and label them toxic but you don't accept it in turn?  That's called a double standard. 

Anyhow, back on topic which is WOOOOOOO SECOND ROUND.

If you were the public representative of what it means to be a Canucks fan, I would be embarrassed.  Your greatest opponent is the officials, not the other team.  When we win or score, you think it's a victory against the officials.  When we lose, it's DEFINITELY the officials' fault.  I don't even know how you can even enjoy watching hockey when you think the entire sport is one great big referee conspiracy against Vancouver.  

You would be a shining example of what it means to be a toxic fan.  You're gonna call an Oiler a dirty cheat or diver at least 10 times a game.  You're gonna call out the officials for every single call/non-call on the Canucks, no matter how fair it is.  And if things get rough, you're gonna suggest our guys start headhunting McDrai.

Over half of your GDT/PGT posts are about officiating.  Enough.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We've been really, really spoiled here with Robson, Hughson, and Shorty all being among the best during their respective eras.  Larscheid, Garrett, and now Ferraro is also pretty damn good.  We're used to having guys good enough to call national broadcasts work all of our games.

even Cuthbert used to do some of our home games and he's better than, you know who

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

At least the teams are closer in time zones.

Cudos to Tochett and staff , for getting us here.

Still in shock with the intensity of the game.

I am sure the coilers are not happy they face us. I am sure that most any remaining team is glad they are not facing us.

Personally I am not worried who we play. Remain brutally defensive, assume forwarding. 

I think Canucks - Nash was the most intensive series in the West. Coilers can not match that intensity.

• Cheers 1