[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

Sportsnet just showed a rerun of the game.  With all the adrenaline and nerves I didnt realize it was Brock who had two massive shot blocks with less than 30 seconds to go.  Amazing turn around in his game, not only putting up goals and creating miracles against the Preds, hes out there diving in front of pucks.  Kids a winner, that was even apparent in his UND days.

A warrior making the necessary sacrifices. Putting it all on the line.

This is what needs to be done and makes all the difference.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ChetGunderson said:

Wa wa, who cares

I care. I love to see dissension in the Soiler's dressing room. Let them tear themselves down and apart.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Gotta say Cole hasn’t been my favourite defenceman and he seemed to be really dumb at the beginning of the game. First causing a too many men penalty in the first minute, then his terrible coverage on the first goal and a dumb giveaway backboards on the second Coilers goal. Hope he can clean up his act this series!

Otherwise the Big Z is out scoring Petey playing defence and hasn’t been a liability, he’s played well and used his size…he’s a threat!

I’m liking this Nuck resilience, what a comeback!
And Miller is a stud!

Edited by Bretzky

14 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I don't mind McD interviews when they lose. 

Let's hear some excuses.

"Some weird ones" Yeah, you mean 3 in the third? Weird.

Best part for me was him not once even hinting at saying he himself could be better. Shows what a crappy leader he is when we all know he knows he didn’t even get a sniff.

Would love to be fly on the wall in that locker room tomorrow night to listen to them try and prop themselves up for another shot 

28 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

After that first penalty, I was so pissed. My Oilers buddies were chirping so hard. Then their second goal, more chirping.

And by the end of the night ...

Long faces ... sour pusses ... crickets.

Serves them right for jumping the gun like that. You remained even keel and got the last laugh.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Darius said:

I think they will be ok.  i dont see Cole making the same series of mistakes again.   Theres something about this team.

Cole owned up to all of them and Tocchet put him right back out there each time.

Did you see after the 4-1 goal that Cole went up to Silovs and Goalie-Whisperered into his ear-hole?

I imagine something like, "Don't worry about it kid; they won't get anymore and we'll come back get you some run support."

Cole is an important player for us in many ways and manning up, big, solid man manning up, and Stanley Cup Winning Experience, are just 2 of them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I mean, McDavid had 12 points in 5 games in the 1st round. Petey had 3 points in 6. Having a bad game is one thing, being invisible for the better part of 2 months is another. Lol.

If the Canucks take the series and Petey has no points, what difference does McD's 12 points in the first round make?

It sucks that Petey is struggling. But if the team still wins, IDGAF about individual stats that suck.

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

• -AJ- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

They have to get rid of Nurse first.

wasn't that Nurse that Garland blew by for the game winning goal?

49 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Favourite Campbell?

1) Glen
2) Cassie
3) Gordon

soup.... love their chunky chicken corn chowder

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

soup.... love their chunky chicken corn chowder

Their newish potato and bacon is actually very good for a soup in a can. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bretzky said:

Gotta say Cole hasn’t been my favourite defenceman and he seemed to be really dumb at the beginning of the game. First causing a too many men penalty in the first minute, then his terrible coverage on the first goal and a dumb giveaway backboards on the second Coilers goal. Hope he can clean up his act this series!

Otherwise the Big Z is out scoring Petey playing defence and hasn’t been a liability, he’s played well and used his size…he’s a threat!

I’m liking this Nuck resilience, what a comeback!
And Miller is a stud!

Cole also deflected the Ceci goal. Just a bundle of mistakes but the Canucks still won! I don’t expect Cole to make as many mistakes next game which will make it harder for Edmonton!

Didn't have time to read all the comments made it to page 10, lots love in most comments, a few others are just damn dumb.

The best player (opinion of some) in the world didn't get a shot on goal, thanks in part to Petey and the rest of the boys.

But lets also thank this management crew.

The centers on this team can be compared to some of the best teams going now, or in the past, very deep and good.

Defense are huge or extremely talented, lead by an absolute (super?) star who is the captain of this crew.

A number of us have waited a long time for a team like this and now they are here, what a great time to be a Canucks Fan.

GCG

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2