[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

The only thing missing from yesterday's game was Shorthouse's play-by-play. His call on the Garland goal would have sent chills down my spine 

Cuthbert was pretty good though.  I will sh we had an AI Bob Cole call on that one

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spook007 said:

Is there anyone that can post the postgame talk from the panel, as we can't see it here in UK.... Such a weird feeling, in the midst of all the euphoria, nothing....

Please help....

Some panelistees were dignified and pleasant in victory; some were duckin' and whinin' and making excuses and you know who they were, the usual scum-suckers.

I'd don't know how to post that for you and am only on page 7 of this Incredible PGT, but maybe Incognito Vintage will help you out.

****** WARNING!!  Long post follows which could also be offensive to some people who do not love Vancouver's Island.

Cheers Spook, how's Spyin' in the UK of GB today?  Caught any Ruskies?

Sunny and warm here on Vancouver's Island. (Original name of this rock honoring the original Captain Vancouver.)

British Columbia and Vancouver's Island 1840-1867

Resources

Resources

British Columbia and Vancouver's Island had a lot of Natural Resources. This includes lead, zinc, gold, silver, molybdenum, copper and iron. These Natural Resources were found by mining. The mining of coal and gold were both mined before the gold rushed started. Copper, lead and zinc were mined too. When the gold rushed started, metal and minerals, and coal were mined and are still mined today.

In 1840- 1867, the population of British Columbia and Vancouver's Island was around 40,000 to 50,000 people. Nearly all of these people were aboriginals. The first Europeans had come to the area in the late 18th and 19th centuries. In these colonies, until the gold rush of 1850, fur trading had been really popular. It was not until 1849 that Britain formally established Vancouver's Island in order to stay in power of the west. There were only a little amount o British settlers at the time living in the colonies, most of them working for Hudson Bay Company.

Governors

The colony of Vancouver's Island was ruled by a governor, with the help of an appointed council and an elected assembly. After British Columbia was established, the two colonies shared a governor. But the mainland was ruled by decree, rather than with the help of a council.  In other words (mine), We Ruled!

The names of the governors were Arthur Kennedy (Vancouver's Island), Frederick Seymour (British Columbia), and Amor De Cosmos and John Robson who were both newspaper publishers, which then returned to politics.

When Canada and the maritime provinces were negotiating Confederation in the mid 1860's , British Columbia and Vancouver's Island were attempting a Union of their own. Some people argued that the two colonies should each be reorganized into a federal union with responsible government institutions , similar to Charlottetown and Quebec.

(Yeah sure; how well did that turn out?-me)  Instead, the two Colonies were combined into one.(Shame, shame.) The union of British Columbia and Vancouver's Island was made official in 1866. Due to the proximity to the mainland, it was a good idea for them to Unite. (Thought nobody who actually lived here except the rulers).

Personally, I think it was NOT a good idea to be subjected to all of the mainland's wishes and the Canadian Federation and HNIC; and the federation did not keep all their promises to The Island.  We should have kept The Republic of Vancouver Island as a separate country off the coast of the USA and Kanata (which meant village and which the colonists misinterpreted to be what the natives called home), much like the UK is off the coast of mainland Europe, but then I was born here so I am extremely biased.  And, the last BC team to Win The Stanley Cup was VI's Own Victoria Cougars (now carrying their name in Prince George) in 1924-25 - 100 years ago (almost).

Plus, the coolest flag ever:

image.png.be2be7f60c844a1e4681893caa470812.png

Please note that the beaver, the pharmacists' logo, the bud pinecone, and The God of the Sea's Trident from then, now subtlety implies:

Wait for it,

The Sea God's Island of Sex, and Drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll! - Ian Drury & The Blockheads.

GO CANUCKS GO! - from The Rock

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I found it funny the usual suspects were on CFF when the Canucks were down 4-1, bashing the team, the coach, Fin.

Then as the 3rd wore on they gradually disappeared. 😁

That game might be bigger than we think. I was looking at THG comments section. And I was seeing accolades from fanbases I've never seen before. Like Anaheim, Calgary (But that I understand that,  the better the Canucks do the better the draft pick they get from us..) It's like this version of the Canucks is a type a lot of NHL fans can get behind.

Earning respect the hard way. I love it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

The first early goal was merely classic Coiler pp dominance, and a couple others were deflections. I don't think he was as bad or shaky as some people think - they just look at the number of goals and think he played poorly. For sure he and IC will look at this and adjust some things, but Arty is not someone I'm worrying about, that's for sure. 

I didn't fault him for the first 3. The 4th one I felt he should have had on Hyman but Myers made the dumb play and backed in. To make it worse he then slowed down the shot  I'm with you tho, I'm not worried about Silvos 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

IMG_4266.png.655341e4919f1b2be7f532c4df69999e.png

get fucked Coilers.

They are going to find it very difficult to get to that danger zone with our D core. Good luck Coilers. 😄

• Cheers 1

I wonder, with Draisaitl's back issues, he was in some discomfort on the bench, could it be from the Zads cross-check in the back earlier? If Drai's back is hurting, this is good news for the Canucks.

Unfortunate as it is for everyone involved, if the Coffey rumour is true, it could be a distraction for the Oilers. If the Kane "angry stomp out" is true, then this will also be an issue in the Oilers room. No shots for McDavid in Game 1, a hurting Draisaitl. Turmoil in Edmonton.

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

All I can say is that this team gives me the same vibes as the 94' Team the way that they ignore all of the naysayers and they "Bring it" when it is needed. I really didn't see the same in 2011, unfortunately. 

Miller, Garland, Joshua, Zadorov and Silov's have brought that component that is essential come playoff time. 

You can't just roll over and give up when the chips are down, you have to fight through it. 

We have seen when that component is not there, the Leafs come to mind. 😆

Petey is working through it but he is a prime example of a player without play off experience, it will come to him. 

It's funny many said that the Bubble playoffs had that ability to show what they are made of come playoff time. I hope they see the difference now.

For those of you who didn't experience the 94' playoffs, your in for a wild ride! Enjoy! 

And guys like Brock in the dying seconds, he's blocking shots. They understand what it takes to win.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I found it funny the usual suspects were on CFF when the Canucks were down 4-1, bashing the team, the coach, Fin.

Then as the 3rd wore on they gradually disappeared. 😁

That game might be bigger than we think. I was looking at THG comments section. And I was seeing accolades from fanbases I've never seen before. Like Anaheim, Calgary (But that I understand that,  the better the Canucks do the better the draft pick they get from us..) It's like this version of the Canucks is a type a lot of NHL fans can get behind.

Earning respect the hard way. I love it.

It's opposite isn't it? The worse we do the better their pick.

I think the Calgary maybe has more to do with mutually hating Edmonton. Either way I agree, I think we have a pretty likable and respectable team.