[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

42 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Anyone know what happened to Drais? I don't buy "cramping and equipment issues" 

Looks like it's his right clavical or upper ribs

Wonder what play caused it

Considering there didn’t seem to be a major hit to result in an injury I’m wondering if it’s an Oblique injury? It thats the case he isn’t going to get better quickly and might not be able to play through it.

3 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Oh, thank goodness.  You had me all-effed up there.  Couldn't believe there were really 'fans' like that.

I PVR everything; then I decide what is replayed and declare what is The Truth and what is not of what the refs do and say, the commentators, the media schills, etc.

Plus I cannot travel due to family health issues so I put my ticket money into a huge TV and I'm almost as big as Garland now.

Cheers!

Enjoy it fully GTC, & let's hope we're all cheering at Spinal Tap 11-range when all this organized-mayhem ends in June. Got a great feel for this squad..like others, gettin a Nuxtalgic '94 vibe! Mr Quinn & Coach Tocc were both a TOUGH, no-nonsense presence. Guys the players want to emulate.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Boeser with 2 massive blocks at the very end of the game to lock down the win, what a turnaround its been for him.

Disappointment last year after an incredible hardship to a 40 goal scorer(!) & one of our most reliable defensive players with the game on the line. 

So glad Brock was never moved.

With his dad. Passing, understanding

1 hour ago, viking mama said:

Lekkerimaki was not even impactful in the AHL,…the game is quick & he is undersized & still very vulnerable out there.

Sure, he’s a bonafide snipper, but would not be of benefit to the big club one iota, as of yet. 

Lekkerimaki didn't have a player like Petey for a linemate in Abby either though.  He could play on the 3rd line with Petey and they could feast on the Oilers weaker lines.  I think Lekkerimaki could feast on Skinner with his quick snipes. That 3rd line is hurting Petey in its current form.  He played great, but his linemates were holding him back offensively.  It's not unheard of to give some of your prospects a taste of the playoffs.  

11 minutes ago, Kage17 said:

Considering there didn’t seem to be a major hit to result in an injury I’m wondering if it’s an Oblique injury? It thats the case he isn’t going to get better quickly and might not be able to play through it.

It was pretty clear he said the back when talking to the trainer.  I think cramping was a reasonable explanation at the time, but not sure that'd keep him off the ice today 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Lekkerimaki didn't have a player like Petey for a linemate in Abby either though.  He could play on the 3rd line with Petey and they could feast on the Oilers weaker lines.  I think Lekkerimaki could feast on Skinner with his quick snipes. That 3rd line is hurting Petey in its current form.  He played great, but his linemates were holding him back offensively.  It's not unheard of to give some of your prospects a taste of the playoffs.  

Lek is, at least, two years from even being a consideration 

• Vintage 1

18 hours ago, -dlc- said:

SO f'n awesome. My kids just sent me videos from the rink.....outside is going nuts.

"SKINNNNNNN-ERRRRRR" chant in full force.

My God this life is good.

Was at the game and can confirm.  My voice is coarse today and it's well worth it. 

After getting the penalty you could feel it getting to him and it only got louder.  He is toast and I hope the fans going to game 2 keep it up!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Just tell that gutless coward to take some Midol and stop crying like a little bitch.

Drais is a cheap shot artist with his hissy fits and slashes but he is a tough character. 

He must be in a lot of pain. Time for Zadorov to man handle him all series. 

Every whistle, an extra shot in the ribs / upper body because I think they showed footage of trainers rubbing his upper chest clavical area. 

So nice that we've become that team that doles out those punishments and after whistle intimidation. 

I laugh at those that said to skate away after the whistle.. Smh

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, c00kies said:

Both Western teams that had a 3 goal lead lost game 1 lol

True...

But one of those teams burst out to a lead on home ice and got their fans hopes up only to crash, burn  and the crush those same hopes before the final whistle whereas our boys lulled the vaunted favourites into a false sense of security only to fire its fan base up into a frenzy of support and then reward them with one of the most memorable and legendary comebacks in franchise history

So grateful to be a fan of the latter as opposed to a victim of the former lol

32 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Drais is a cheap shot artist with his hissy fits and slashes but he is a tough character. 

He must be in a lot of pain. Time for Zadorov to man handle him all series. 

Every whistle, an extra shot in the ribs / upper body because I think they showed footage of trainers rubbing his upper chest clavical area. 

So nice that we've become that team that doles out those punishments and after whistle intimidation. 

I laugh at those that said to skate away after the whistle.. Smh

I remember those arguing that too. If we had guys like big Z in 2011, things would have been a lot different. 

We are playing a lot like the 94' team which I have waited 30 yrs for. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Anyone know what happened to Drais? I don't buy "cramping and equipment issues" 

Looks like it's his right clavical or upper ribs

Wonder what play caused it

His cramps made his back fall off and his equipment couldn’t hold it on 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

It was pretty clear he said the back when talking to the trainer.  I think cramping was a reasonable explanation at the time, but not sure that'd keep him off the ice today 

It must be something pretty uncomfortable to keep Draisaitl out. Let’s not forget he played through a high ankle sprain not long ago. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Can confirm that a back injury impacted with a cramp, cramps, and/or aka a charley horse* would hurt like hell and reduce mobility considerably if not totally.

On the other hand, it did not look serious on the ice, nor when he was going between the ice and the room; and he is a known diver and piss-ass.

He had a good excuse and took it.  We'll see next game.  Is he going camping, or gonna play through the pain, and cry all the way through the game?

What Is a Charley Horse?

A charley horse is a muscle spasm -- when a muscle suddenly tightens up on its own and can’t relax. These cramps can happen anywhere in your body. They’re common in your legs and feet.

A muscle cramp, though painful, is harmless and usually only lasts seconds to minutes.  Often, you can take care of the pain yourself at home with a little stretching. 

Though you might get a cramp because of exercise or other activity, it can just as easily happen when you’re sitting still or sleeping.

Charley Horse Causes

Things that can trigger a charley horse include:

• Poor blood flow
  • Working your muscles too much
  • Not stretching enough
  • Being active in high temperatures
  • Dehydration
  • A lack of magnesium and/or potassium in your diet
  • A problem such as a spinal cord injury or a pinched nerve in your neck or back
  • Kidney disease

Muscle cramps can also be a side effect of some drugs, such as:

• Furosemide (Lasix), hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide), and other diuretics ("water pills") that lower levels of certain electrolytes (sodium and potassium) and take fluid out of your body
  • Donepezil (Aricept), used to treat Alzheimer's disease
  • Neostigmine (Prostigmine), used for myasthenia gravis
  • Nifedipine (Procardia), a treatment for angina and high blood pressure
  • Raloxifene (Evista), an osteoporosis treatment
  • Asthma medications albuterol (Proventil, Ventolin) and terbutaline (Brethine)
  • Tolcapone (Tasmar), which treats Parkinson's disease
  • Statin medications for cholesterol, such as atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol), lovastatin (Mevacor), pravastatin (Pravachol), rosuvastatin (Crestor), or simvastatin (Zocor)
  • Also, being in a constantly pissy mood and playing like a pussy that treats your opponents' balls like toys can cause you to want to camping, i.e. not cramping.  Coach said he's gone camping.
  • Contrary to most professional golfers' doctors, golfing is good for the back, and reduces cramping and pain. 
  • Just ask Rodney:

giphy.gif 

6f26dc52ca3781474be4425b5c037096.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing Podz in for Mik, but I doubt it will happen. Maybe Laff moves uk to Peteys RW and Mik drops to 4th line duties. Guys cold as ice, we need someone to start putting those chances in. At least start getting Petey some Assists. Sucks Hoggy went cold wrong time of the year for that. But I love the way Hoglander played this year so I have more patience for him, but he's gotta get his game going again now. Mik though is on another level of cold. He's on Pluto now, just no luck, taking zero chance shots, that last game I thought he had space to bring it to front and just slipped a soft puck into the pads, no attempt to raise it or bring across the blue paint.

39 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Zadorov played a part in all 3 goals in the 3rd period.

Sign this man. I want to get his jersey.

So awesome to see especially after seeing so many Oiler fans posting that clip of Mcdavid walking him when he was a flame and saying he is a useless pylon and a slow plug or whatever. I havent seen much of the negatives some people were saying about him he has been a stud since his first game as a canuck. if they don't sign him being exactly what the canucks have needed on the back end since the big treeman was rag dolling entire teams then I don't know what to think. Hronik is replaceable for what he is currently looking to sign for, Big Z, Dak and the enigma that is Lindholm should be priority.

• Huggy Bear 1