[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

12 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It is annoying how much McDavid dives & whines. If boarding & slewfoots are legal I hope we get take a few good runs at McDavid.

Would love to see the Oilers media crying had those plays happened against McD.

Anyways on the game, I thought the Canucks really struggled on their clears. Can't prolong their possession when there's a play to be made. Canucks played pretty well, even protected the house decently well when the ice was tilted, Soucy just makes a terrible play & McDavid has no problem staying on his feet when there's a scoring chance to be had of course. 

its funny watching Kane whine about being slew footed in the last series and Doughty telling him "you do it all the time". 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Darius said:

kinda funny...reporter basically asks Mr. Personality "how does it feel carrying a whole team".

"12 players 6 dmen a goalie and one ref

We tried hard"

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

its funny watching Kane whine about being slew footed in the last series and Doughty telling him "you do it all the time". 

Oh Kaner's slew foot is a revenge move from last series eh

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

I saw that POS do two slew foot checks. One on the Hughes and the other on Z. I always thought that was a call? How they missed McJesus' stick to Hughes face was beyond me. 4 officials, Toronto following the game, and how many live TV broadcasts to witness it?

Last nights officiating crew was either corrupt or incompetent. Either way they should not be officiating a professional sporting event were people spend huge coin to attend.

At the very least the officials deserve the criticism disgruntled fans send their way.

Edited by Joe King
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Mik 1 goal in 58 games why is this useless plug still on Peteys line? There’s nothing happening on the bottom line, they’re not creating anything, there not hitting, there not fighting, they just come out and skate for a few seconds, Blueger at least penalty kills and wins faceoffs but pizza man, mik and lafferty are useless. The team needs some fresh blood in the lineup. 

and fuck Kelly Sutherland 

Edited by Pycnotic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe King said:

Last nights officiating crew was either corrupt or incompetent. Either they should not be officiating a professional sporting event were people spend huge coin to attend.

At the very least the officials deserve the criticism disgruntled fans send their way.

with all the money involved in betting I’m shocked that no local governments have started investigations into the major sports leagues, last nights game reeks of fixing 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

the BIGGEST problem is that most of those missed calls should've been MAJORs... McD 4 min high stick, Nurse ( on Petey ) 5 and a game for boarding, Kane on Hughes 5 for intent to injure (slew foot) 5 min major. 

wait... on second thought... maybe we WANT Nurse on the ice, a $9 million pylon...hmm might have to thin on that one. 

I don't know if they should have been majors. I was hoping Kane would be called for hitting Petey, but I wasn't expecting a major there since Petey put himself in an odd place. It looked less bad in the replay.  I could be talked out of that, though, especially if other angles were available. :classic_smile:

On Hughes, that looked more like a trip. A dangerous one for sure, but given the angle (not being hauled backwards over the trip) I could see it not being considered a slew foot.

In any case, some pretty easy penalties could be called.

I was wondering though whether the refs can discuss the missed high stick, since blood was involved. I know linesmen can call majors when the refs miss them, but not sure if the double minor was something the refs could collaborate on and confirm as a group. If so, this is doubly bad, since Hughes was right near the puck when it happened. Someone had to have seen it.

So what’s with Ian Cole? He is responsible for 3 of the Oiler goals in game 1 and scored the game winner for the Oilers in game 2.

I’ve never seen this before. Two games back to back like that. 

It’s time to replace him with Juulsen. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Grandmaster said:

So what’s with Ian Cole? He is responsible for 3 of the Oiler goals in game 1 and scored the game winner for the Oilers in game 2.

at least one game, he’s getting up there I think he’s tired and a break might do him some good 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Pycnotic said:

at least one game, he’s getting up there I think he’s tired and a break might do him some good 

None of his previous playoff “experience” has panned out for us. In fact, it’s to the contrary. A permanent break from the team would do good for the Canucks. 

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I keep looking at some of this shit and I don't believe this was even called, or seen, for that matter. 

I;d say get the guy next game but that's in Dumpton.

This is so stupid.  Now the league has set their bar that this is okay to do.

Guess it's time to hit them back

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

All this about Juulsen - the boy will get EATEN ALIVE by McDavid. He's slow and often tries to throw big hits and gets caught out of position.

I'll take the few bad luck goals Cole has caused and hope he bounces back and moves on but Juulsen out their with the Edmonton second change on home ice for 15 minutes against two 2PPG players will be a goal against on every other Juulsen shift.

As bad as these mistakes by Cole has been, he does a lot of good as well. Soucy made some dumb plays which lead to goals - particularly throwing a blueline hit and letting McDavid go off on a breakaway, but no one mentions this. Their speed is making our D make mistakes, we've got to be more composed everywhere. Juulsen is the least composed of the 7 we have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Yeah he's the talking point on the Oilers reddit.  Even they can see he has contributed to multiple goals for the Oilers this series.  That's pretty bad.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

All this about Juulsen - the boy will get EATEN ALIVE by McDavid. He's slow and often tries to throw big hits and gets caught out of position.

I'll take the few bad luck goals Cole has caused and hope he bounces back and moves on but Juulsen out their with the Edmonton second change on home ice for 15 minutes against two 2PPG players will be a goal against on every other Juulsen shift.

As bad as these mistakes by Cole has been, he does a lot of good as well. Soucy made some dumb plays which lead to goals - particularly throwing a blueline hit and letting McDavid go off on a breakaway, but no one mentions this. Their speed is making our D make mistakes, we've got to be more composed everywhere. Juulsen is the least composed of the 7 we have.

Soucy and Cole look like they should probably be consistent 3rd pair guys.

Zadorov is clearly a top 4 capable LHD.

Myers is somewhere between top 4 and bottom pair.  

Hronek looks like he would be better as a 2nd pair guy than top pair.

Will definitely be interesting how Allvin approaches the D core this off season.

How Kelly Sutherland officiates.

"During gameplay, Kelly could be seen taking a brief nap at centre ice. He was up late last night trying to get through the first chapter of Hockey for Dummies"

426336073_10160902888350549_112640228569

9 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Last nights officiating crew was either corrupt or incompetent. Either they should not be officiating a professional sporting event were people spend huge coin to attend.

Here's the real problem:  Before the game even started, people knew Sutherland wasn't going to behave himself.  The league absolutely needs to be very uncomfortable right now.  Ignoring the problem is precisely what the higher ups are counting on so they can avoid this dirtbag being held accountable for his corruption.  At some point, a team is going to pointedly call out this criminal for his blatant match fixing, and I am sure the league wants to avoid that publicity.  This can all be avoided by simply not allowing Sutherland to ever disgrace the sport again with his misconduct.  Enough is enough.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Darius said:

kinda funny...reporter basically asks Mr. Personality "how does it feel carrying a whole team".

I don't even want to see his ugly face.

He and Nurse both look like Planet of the Apes extras.

I’m surprisingly relaxed about last night’s result. It was a good close game, could have gone either way. I always expected this series to go 6 or 7 and now we just gotta win one in Edmonton to set up an awesome best of 3 showdown with home ice advantage!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

How Kelly Sutherland officiates.

"During gameplay, Kelly could be seen taking a brief nap at centre ice. He was up late last night trying to get through the first chapter of Hockey for Dummies"

426336073_10160902888350549_112640228569

I'm impressed that Hockey for Dummies is now available in Braille.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

And Cole's not being eaten alive?

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

And Cole's not being eaten alive?

Cole is giving the Oilers a goal or two per game already, so I'd rather see Juulsen absolutely destroy an Oiler in the process of giving up a PP goal instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I’m surprisingly relaxed about last night’s result. It was a good close game, could have gone either way. I always expected this series to go 6 or 7 and now we just gotta win one in Edmonton to set up an awesome best of 3 showdown with home ice advantage!

Exactly how I feel today. 

Pissed about the high stick but we've been through that BS before. 

• Cheers 1