[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

59 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

The problem is that Petey still had the puck and just made a pass before reverse hit so that any penalty whether it be interference, elbow, etc. didn't even make any sense at all!  I really hope that someone in authority initiate the investigation on the NHL very soon and expose them for who they really are.  It has been ongoing for decade except that they covered it up very well.  This time, it is not a good look.  It is very obvious.

I’d add that not only was it a horrendous call, but the timing was unjustified, in a 2-2 game, in game 5 of a tied series in the second round? When the Oilers had already been gifted three power plays already, at the mid-way point in the game? Bad time to try out a new type of BS call.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

I honestly like our chances better with the Stars than the Avs. 

I think I am the opposite.  Dallas seems like such a complete team and their youngsters are bringing it big time.  

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

If you're a Canucks guy, how about you enjoy this win a little, instead of starting a flood of tears... they'll come soon enough, if that is the case... for now enjoy life a little...

Bravo!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

They'll have a manno-a-manno hug is my prediction.

It's one of the endearing things about playoff hockey - beat the crap out of each other then at the end, no hard feelings and best wishes to the winning team

But that one would be manno-a-dildo.  I wouldn't trust Kane with anything.  But I would put out my hand (but keep the other one ready).

oY98XL.gif?download=true

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

That JT miller goal. I was jumping around with confusion, like I think we score but I don’t know 

I had the game on mute and was watching Petey dig for the "rebound" and was like "WAIT WHAT?!?!". Then I started to whoop and cheer like the maniac I am!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I've been watching a lot of the other games these first two rounds, there's a lot of bad/questionable calls going on all over. The Rangers e.g., certainly seem to be getting a lot going their way.

Our 1st round was quite fair, other than maybe that final call against us. 

This round is where I do think we see league bias. I don't think there's an order coming down from Gary, but McDiver clearly gets the benefit of his position as league poster boy, and it sucks. 

But it is what it is. The guys need to find a way to beat that too.

I get the bad calls like, dives holding slashing, I see those as well in other games, but not just this year I'm also talking like years ago as well not just playoffs also, referees have made some weird decisions on Canucks that no one has ever seen before and you start to really question what is making them make those decisions or huddle to try and find something, it gets a little suspicious. 

The Sutherland game was just ridiculous the guy is like the Angel Hernandez of baseball, he should not be referring in playoff hockey at all, he's that bad.

That's the thing, it's always 2 on 1 always got to find a way to beat it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

NHL this morning: “Dammit, even with new interpretations of penalties, we couldn’t stop them last night. It’s time to release you-know-who.”

”Saturday night? I’m there, boss. Heck, I already live in Richmond.. the swanky area that you can only afford from gambling on sure things.”

“Thanks Keith. But Game 6 is in Edmonton, not Vancouver. Pay attention!”

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Edited by Slegr
  • Haha 3

Just now, Bob Long said:

EDM has no excuses, none. They are getting the tilt on calls, they have the supposed "best player" etc. 

But our guys have a great work ethic, and whats new this year is they are pretty unflappable most of the time. Up 1, down 1, doesn't matter, they play the same. 

The McDavid treatment is pretty sad to watch, as much as I enjoy watching him because he is that good, refs are definitely turning a blind eye to him. 

They definitely seem more composed under Tocchet and play the right system and trust it, for coming back like they do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

The best part of being fans and not playing the game is we can be as high or as low as want lol.  I'm gonna be on a high until there's something to feel low about.

Spot on amigo... Its the joy of sports... We live the highs and lows, even though we are only fans in the stands... 

But as you say, we can afford to... The players will also be feeling it, although they keep calm on the surface... Both the Petey interview and Millers as well showed they care passionately and are hurting deeply inside...

They just can't afford to dwell on it for too long as they have to be at their best 48 hours later... As Tocchet said, its actually amazing they didn't lose the plot on the bench, after those ridiculous calls made... Massive credit to them all to keep the focus, and stay in it despite the calls not going their way... 

They boys showed their true colours and characters... 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Hits probably starting to take a toll.  Drai and Ekholm eating a lot of the hits

Especially when those hits are coming from the likes of Zadorov, Myers, Soucy, Miller and Joshua 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Draisaitl, McDavid, RNH, McLeod, Janmark as your centers sound pretty good on paper to me. 

Ekholm-Bouchard i would say is top pairing bonified. Not Makar or Hughes level, but those two can eat minutes. I will admit the rest of their d-core is lacking. I thought Skinner had settled in for them, but I guess this round has put the OIlers goaltending back into questioning. 

Ekholm is their only legit NHLer on D.  Bouchard belongs in the ECHL with his refusal to learn how to play defence, and Nurse has no business playing in a men's league.  The remainder is AHL trash and an EBUG would be an upgrade over the sieves they call goalies.

Edited by King Heffy

12 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

I'm gonna say it. What does tocc do? Sit cole and play juulsen or stay with the lineup. If juulsen just stays home and not worry about that hit I think he would be better right now 

Yes, there could be a good debate whether to have Cole or Juulsen line up on the other side of General Zad.

Juulsen is a bit quicker, a bit more physical, has a good outlet pass and is right handed.

Cole is that grizzled vet that has been through the Stanley Cup wars on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, he is playing on his weak side, being left handed. This was noticeable in the first period when he got jammed up trying to play the puck on his backhand and resulted in an odd man break.

Though I believe that Juulsen is the better right side defenceman, I would still play Cole, just as Rick Tocchet is doing.

The playoff experience that Cole has is priceless.

Next season we will see full time play from Juulsen. 

• Like 1