GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

Rick Tocchet type hockey is for defensive type team with big bodies. He turned finesse type players into plugs afraid to make plays, otherwise get benched or scratched. I get he’s probably a good guy but he has not won anything as a coach, this Canucks team had 7 all star players is the only reason he might win jack adams

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, stawns said:

From Ian Clarke, not practice time I don't think.  Though you might be right about today's optional skate.  That's a loooooong way from game 7.  

This is game 7 elimination game. You can throw all your ready or not bs out of the window. 

If a player is healthy to play, he play. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

A "W" is a "W" is a "W".

Doesn't matter if its one goal win or 4 goal win.

Canucks didn't play well this game, but the final score was not representative... should have been a couple more Canuck goals.

Lots of bounces for the Oilers.

I predicted a 7 game series with a Canuck win, it would have been great to finish it in 6, but sometimes that doesn't happen.

Good news is this definitely wasn't a good game for the team... they can do a lot better.

So bring on game 7.

6 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

Um… what’s with the meat? 🥩 

are they trying to start a new tradition?

“ Alberta Beef”

start a new tradition by copying other markets who have done stuff like that for decades, lame 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Rush said:

That isn't the play. EDM will tear him apart with their cross crease passes. Silovs has earned the next start if demmer isn't ready.

I meant the rest of the game, when the score got out of hand at 4-1.

2 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Damn... I'm not sad we lost; just disappointed in the way we played. 😪

Agreed! The lack of any grit was a huge gut punch.

I would give my left arm to be a fly on the wall in that dressing room. 

Hope they stick to their "not too high not too low" philosophy. Cause this is a big low for us fans.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TetrisBloctT said:

Rick Tocchet type hockey is for defensive type team with big bodies. He turned finesse type players into plugs afraid to make plays, otherwise get benched or scratched. I get he’s probably a good guy but he has not won anything as a coach, this Canucks team had 7 all star players is the only reason he might win jack adams

There's truth in that I think

4 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I'm kinda disgusted by that "effort" tonight.

Yeah.  Losing isn't an issue.  It's how hard they play that is.  That was a REALLY poor effort for such an important game.  

NYR, FLA, and DAL have all been to the big show and you saw the effort level in those games against teams fighting for their lives.  This is a serious learning experience for this group.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Id rather be realistic than a zealot or a victim

What is realistic to you?

you have a team that has excelled in every aspect over their expected performance. What the fuck more do you want and why do you think it’s not good enough? Like you seem either really entitled or just sour and so stuck on an opinion that you just want to be right?

3 of our players led the league in scoring at one point this season.

QH going to win the Norris.

Tocchet Jack Adams finalist.

Top of our division all season. 

we weren’t even supposed to be in the show and here we are going into game 7 of round 2 against a team expected to be a powerhouse. 

like really, what the fuck do you want or think you deserve?!?

@stawns I hope you answer this post

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, NucksFan said:

“ Alberta Beef”

start a new tradition by copying other markets who have done stuff like that for decades, lame 

Lame indeed, but props to any fan who manages to smuggle a killer whale into Roger Arena for Game 7.

Or a lumberjack, I guess ...

• Haha 2

For game 7, I want to see first goal, a different line-up with maybe a surprise debut and shorten the bench.  I know what we are getting for game 7, a close and tight one and hope that the ref throw away their bias and call a good game instead and call embellishment that would send us to PP for once.    It will come to a question, who will get higher rating, the Oilers or the Canucks for WCF for the league.  Whoever wins game 7 will have its difficulty with the Stars due to shortest rest and travel and the Stars will have home ice advantage.  I think we'd rather to experience the struggle against the Stars than anything else so that they can gain some experience of what it really takes to win the Cup in the near future whether it be this year or beyond.  My biggest fear will be the one-year wonder like NJ next season so let's get to it.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DavidGoliath said:

Is this what happens when you have too many Swedes and too few Canadians on the team? Way too little truculence. Too much pacifism.

To bunch Swedes and Canadians together shows your ignorance. Have you forgotten who all the Canadian players in the NHL are? Style of hockey is completely different. Maybe watch World Hockey and you'll get it.

Btw, Miller, Joshua, Boeser, Garland, Cole, Lafferty, and Hughes are Americans

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Cheers 2