[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Look at this crap

Yes, Gar was pissed after that bullsh*t call on him... and after being punched in the nose with no call.

Then the Linesman decided he'd try to dislocate his neck.

Complete nonsense calls at that point.

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Slegr said:

On the plus side, Petey is looking ok. 
One game for all the marbles. No matter how it lands, I’m proud of this team and what it has accomplished this season.

He was excellent in the first period... but like the rest of the team he was mostly invisible 2nd and 3rd except for short patches.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

On the plus side, Petey is looking ok. 
One game for all the marbles. No matter how it lands, I’m proud of this team and what it has accomplished this season.

Ya but that’s an issue he is just ok. I know it’s better than what he has been but the bar is so low right now.

dating app GIF

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

He was excellent in the first period... but like the rest of the team he was mostly invisible 2nd and 3rd except for short patches.

Way too often the second part of the year. I am not sure what’s happened to him. Passion is not part of his game right now which is odd considering all he talked about was being in the playoffs. He just isn’t built to play with passion. For now.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

We have to just go for it in game 7. No passive play, waiting for Edmonton to make mistakes. It was a long time ago, and it’s still a sore issue, but the Canucks outscored the Rangers 10-4 in games 5 and 6 of the 1994 final, including a dominating 4-1 win at home to force game 7. Does anyone remember that outside Vancouver? All they remember is the 3-2 Rangers win in game 7 that broke the curse of 1940. Point is, most players agree that momentum doesn’t transfer from game to game. Our leaders need to calm everyone and let them know it’ll be ok if we’re up on our toes and going after them. I’m pretty sure we’ll win. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I think the mantra of "no panic" and "just play our game" bit them in the ass.

There comes a time to up the intensity and set a tone. In their building with a chance to close it out....I think they needed to come out with a killer instinct, not one of "comfort" in their game.

It was glaring. When they were smashing them into the boards it was throwing the Oilers off their game. They got away from that. 

They can't play scared (to be penalized)....they have to go for it. And shoot for chrissake...rebounds are a thing.

Perhaps it was a bit of an emotional let down from last game, just couldn't find their legs after the 1st period 

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This is banner material to motivate the boyz for game seven.

'Do it for Demko'

Win and he is back!

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Based on: Silovs came in and has played confidently, has a winning record, better rebound control and movement than Desmith and is obviously a key piece in the future of this team. Particularly, god forbid, if Demko keeps having injury issues, may be our starter sooner than later. 

It wasn't Silvos's best game, and Desmith has been good for us this year, including his last playoff game against the Preds. Silvos also seems to have some weaknesses, e.g. with tracking pucks at times. Ultimately, I think it should be about who gives us the best chance to win on Monday not about projections for next year's lineup, and I'm happy to trust whatever decision RT / Clarke make on that.

Edited by syntheticity
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

How do we respond? Our season hangs in the balance 

So does theirs - again

Level playing field. Just match, at least, their intensity.