[Signing] MIN extends Marcus Foligno (4×$4M)

13 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Marcus is 32 now, and I'm presuming this deal kicks in next year ,when he's 33.

Solid, d minded guy, but that seems a bit to much, for too long, to me.

Cap is predicted to jump pretty significantly for when this kicks in, so maybe the $$$ hit won't be as bad.

Still seems high to me as well, but you need strong defensive-minded players. And Foligno is pretty solid. 

Edited by Lewlowned
  • Upvote 1

Similar deal to his brother AAV wise, except longer term.  I guess physically-punishing players have their market value. 

That being said, I wonder how the Wild have cap space given their two buyouts -- plus they need to re-sign or replace Addison, Hartman, Goligoski and Fleury as soon as next season, along with several useful UFA depth pieces. 

12 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Similar deal to his brother AAV wise, except longer term.  I guess physically-punishing players have their market value. 

That being said, I wonder how the Wild have cap space given their two buyouts -- plus they need to re-sign or replace Addison, Hartman, Goligoski and Fleury as soon as next season, along with several useful UFA depth pieces. 

Two more years of $14M dead cap and the window opens again in fall 2025

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Foligno is a 20-25 point player other than one outlier year. At 33, this deal might look bad right from the get go, never mind in 2-3 years. 

Probably will end up as a buyout. I don’t see Foligno lasting until he is 37 years old. And even if he does he will be a 4th line plug by that point. 

He’s a plug now. Gurrin is a friggin’ moron. Bracket will be their GM soon if Gurrin keeps making these kinds of horrible signings. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He’s a plug now. Gurrin is a friggin’ moron. Bracket will be their GM soon if Gurrin keeps making these kinds of horrible signings. 

Foligno could probably play on the 3rd line for another year or two. But yeah he’s definitely going to be a 4th line plug at some point during that contract. 

18 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Foligno could probably play on the 3rd line for another year or two. But yeah he’s definitely going to be a 4th line plug at some point during that contract. 

They have the money for the last two years when the bulk of Suter/Parise come off the books.  The problem is year... 1 of this contract.  Two more years of belt-tightening to go.