Linus Karlsson | #94 | RW/C

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Nothing particular special about 10 goal and 4 assists for 26 year old in the Swedish hockey league, is it? 

Now at 11 goals, one more than Lekkerimaki (who's played 7 fewer games)

https://www.quanthockey.com/shl/en/seasons/shl-players-stats.html

Edited by Googlie

• 3 weeks later...
  • -AJ- changed the title to Linus Karlsson | #94 | RW/C
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With his 2 goals and 2 assists tonight. LK has now taken over the scoring lead from Bains.  52 points (18 goals and 34 assists) for LK in 52 games (Bains has 49 points in 53 games)

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Googlie said:

With his 2 goals and an assist tonight. LK has now taken over the scoring lead from Bains.  51 points (18 goals and 33 assists) for LK in 52 games (Bains has 49 points in 53 games)

Quietly having a great year. Also Sasson has picked up his goal scoring pace a lot the last few weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Quietly having a great year. Also Sasson has picked up his goal scoring pace a lot the last few weeks. 

And Raty - he's red hot right now

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Big shout out to my boy .... only played 60 of the 72 games due to injury, but amassed 60 points (23g and 37a)

A point per game at the AHL level is pretty good (only 6 of this season's top 20 pointsgetters achieved this)

• Like 2
  • chaos 1

13 hours ago, Googlie said:

Big shout out to my boy .... only played 60 of the 72 games due to injury, but amassed 60 points (23g and 37a)

A point per game at the AHL level is pretty good (only 6 of this season's top 20 pointsgetters achieved this)

Think he'll be back next year?

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

I'm sure he will.  He's RFA July 1, but I'm guessing he'll be offered a contract similar to Podkolzin.  Obviously the higher profile UFA's will take more of PA's time, but Karlsson should be an easy one to put away.  A subsequent guess would be that he makes the big team as a 13th forward, if not a 3rd or 4th liner.  And, tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if he started next season as Petey's winger.  LK isn't a plug, he's a goal scorer, who is among the best along the boards as Tocchet has said, who also camps out in front of the net.   There he gives as good as he gets punishment wise, which means he is one of the more penalized baby Canucks, but as I heard Cybulski say in a recent game, he draws more penalties than he takes.

He loses waiver exemption this summer, and as one of the AHL's top scorers, he'd be claimed for sure, hence my belief that he'll stay up next season

Especially true if they move Mik some how.

On 4/22/2024 at 1:32 AM, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Think he'll be back next year?

I think he is looking for a 1 way contract. If that is not offered I could see him returning to Europe. Just my speculation 

• 3 weeks later...