Linus Karlsson | #94 | RW/C

7 minutes ago, KesLord said:

Saw him at training camp. Seemed bigger than 6'1. Wish he would take the next step, could've been a great 3rd/4th line C

Yeah, he's about to turn 24 this year, so he has to absolutely tear up the AHL to get another serious look IMO. See if he can push to 65-70 points.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Might play his first NHL game tonight. As much as I like Bains, it feels like Karlsson deserves at least a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Having Bains play top line minutes in Abby this year should prep him well for a Canucks debut next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Linus had a good game yesterday, fine first NHL game.

Over all good play, but what really jumped out, to me, was his efforts to always be on the defensive side of the puck. A few times while against the boards, in the offensive zone, and going for the puck; he would skate he extra two feet, then spin to keep himself between the puck and his net.

Kind of sad his couple of chances didn't result in a goal for him.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

Linus had a good game yesterday, fine first NHL game.

Over all good play, but what really jumped out, to me, was his efforts to always be on the defensive side of the puck. A few times while against the boards, in the offensive zone, and going for the puck; he would skate he extra two feet, then spin to keep himself between the puck and his net.

Kind of sad his couple of chances didn't result in a goal for him.

I've never understood why he barely gets a look in pre season games, or at least it seems that way. He's a good overall player with NHL speed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

good news, Linus Karlsson has more scoring touch than Nils Åman and I'm hopeful he will contribute

So far, Aman has 8 goals and 7 assists for Abbotsford. Karlsson has 3 goals and 12 assists. Even in points, but both worth a look in Vancouver.

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...