Guillaume Brisebois | #55 | LD

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Strange not to hear any news on how Brisebois is doing. The silence is deafening. Has me thinking it is not going well for him and he may be done for this year?

My feeling is that even if he gets better, its through waivers and to Abbotsford anyway, so it's not hugely significant for the big club.

• 5 weeks later...

Sucks Breez is out for that reason. That's why Poolman is out too, right?

Concussions suck. I mean, I've never had one. But from what I've seen regarding this particular phenomena in contact sports, it can be career ending, and a life changer. 

I sure hope he, and Poolman are gonna be alright. I will admit..............

......I'm greedy! I want these guys healthy enough to play cuz' we'll need 'em for our playoff push. Getting back to reality though...................

I understand that Poolman's issues are pretty serious. Which is the reason for his absence the past couple of seasons. Are his issues compounded with Covid as well??!?!?

Anywho.........get well dudes!

5 hours ago, Jack Gordon said:

Brisebois has a concussion.

Concussions that don't resolve within the first week-ten days are scary.  Do we know much about breisbois earlier concussion history.  My experience with a long recovery concussion atleast my 3rd but probably was more likely 5th or more.  Many years later there's some things like roller coasters or trampolines will create symptoms.  Wishing Breisbois the best.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Concussions that don't resolve within the first week-ten days are scary.  Do we know much about breisbois earlier concussion history.  My experience with a long recovery concussion atleast my 3rd but probably was more likely 5th or more.  Many years later there's some things like roller coasters or trampolines will create symptoms.  Wishing Breisbois the best.

If I recall correctly this happened either in the last exhibition game or in a scrimage at the very end of the preseason. 

Yeah, it's very worrisome.

Edited by Jack Gordon

17 hours ago, Sativika said:

Sucks Breez is out for that reason. That's why Poolman is out too, right?

Concussions suck. I mean, I've never had one. But from what I've seen regarding this particular phenomena in contact sports, it can be career ending, and a life changer. 

I sure hope he, and Poolman are gonna be alright. I will admit..............

......I'm greedy! I want these guys healthy enough to play cuz' we'll need 'em for our playoff push. Getting back to reality though...................

I understand that Poolman's issues are pretty serious. Which is the reason for his absence the past couple of seasons. Are his issues compounded with Covid as well??!?!?

Anywho.........get well dudes!

My understanding is that Poolman suffers from debilitating migraine headaches, not a concussion.

10 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

My understanding is that Poolman suffers from debilitating migraine headaches, not a concussion.

Okay. Yea. I seem to recall that now. Thanks. 

Are his headache issues related to post covid or a previous on ice injury.  How long is he signed for with us. Perhaps seemingly stupid questions in keeping with his situation. That being said.........

I realize that we're saving cap by having him on LTIR. Is the consensus on Pooly grim? I mean like, is he done playing hockey for us or any team. Cuz if he gets healthy anytime soon, he would be the RD that we could use. But I digress.

I get that he needs to heal. not just for hockey, but more so for his life in general.

52 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Are his headache issues related to post covid or a previous on ice injury.  How long is he signed for with us. Perhaps seemingly stupid questions in keeping with his situation. That being said.........

I realize that we're saving cap by having him on LTIR. Is the consensus on Pooly grim? I mean like, is he done playing hockey for us or any team. Cuz if he gets healthy anytime soon, he would be the RD that we could use. But I digress.

I get that he needs to heal. not just for hockey, but more so for his life in general.

Guys who are out as long as Poolman have been almost never return to NHL hockey. My guess is there's a 95% chance he never plays an NHL game again.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Guys who are out as long as Poolman have been almost never return to NHL hockey. My guess is there's a 95% chance he never plays an NHL game again.

Yeah, that is kind of my observation too, especially if the head is involved.

Initially I had thought that this was a good signing for us.

I believe that Poolman has one more year after this season.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:12 AM, Sativika said:

I don't know the answers to those questions.  I don't think so.  He's on LTIR for 1 season after this when he'll be a UFA

I have a neighbour who suffers from migraine headaches as well.  She never knows when she'll get one and when she does, the only thing that helps is to lay down in a dark room.  She cannot hold a job and probably never will.  She is on a disability pension so it's a recognized condition.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, flat land fish said:

Looks like he is on waivers, is that so he can rebuild in abbotsford?

IMO, he's not an NHL guy. He's likely there to get back in shape, but I also don't think he'll see NHL time again probably, except as an occasional call-up.

Poor guy.  Out for 3/4 of the season with concussion symptoms.  I am happy that he is

released from LTIR and still able to play hockey again.  It will be a long battle to get his

game back.  Best of luck Breeze!

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

IMO, he's not an NHL guy. He's likely there to get back in shape, but I also don't think he'll see NHL time again probably, except as an occasional call-up.

If he hadn’t got hurt, he was looking at holding the 7/8 spot on our club. I don’t know that he’ll ever be a regular, but I think he’ll earn more then just an occasional call up, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I dunno man, management and coaching seem to bring him up too frequently if they didn't believe he could play.