[Waivers] CBJ waives Eric Robinson

Just now, higgyfan said:

Interesting.  They just put Jiricek on the roster, which gives them 5 RDs.

My bet is there will be a trade involving Boqvist, who didn't play in the season opener.

Certainly seems plausible given prior reporting.

Non-trade related, they might have a player or two coming back from injury so maybe they also needed to demote someone to meet the max # of contracts.

Robinson has an AAV of $1.6M which is why the demotion is a bit more intriguing to me since they have cap space even after calling up Jiricek. If they just need to clear a contract for a now healthy player (no trade on the horizon necessarily), then I guess they're committed to keeping all their waiver-exempt ELCs on the roster.

27 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Certainly seems plausible given prior reporting.

Non-trade related, they might have a player or two coming back from injury so maybe they also needed to demote someone to meet the max # of contracts.

Robinson has an AAV of $1.6M which is why the demotion is a bit more intriguing to me since they have cap space even after calling up Jiricek. If they just need to clear a contract for a now healthy player (no trade on the horizon necessarily), then I guess they're committed to keeping all their waiver-exempt ELCs on the roster.

Another interesting situation is that Werenski played one game and then went back on LTIR ($9.5m).

So now they're down to 2 LDs along with the 5 RDs.

39 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

No, it doesn’t but Garland has no value, so I doubt he’s traded. They’ve tried for 8 months. 

Garland does have value, he'd be a nice add to CHI e.g., who could easily retain on him and flip him for an asset at the TDL or just keep him. They could get him for free from us. He's just not worth it to most teams cap wise, but for a bottom feeder who can retain and flip him, getting him for free could work. 

• Upvote 1