[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Makes sense, I was arguing that we should be looking to move him back during the summer. He's easier to move than Garland given he's a pending UFA.

Problem is he's inconsistent offensively for a middle six tweener, and he doesn't really seem to add much when played in a third line role. Isles fans have described him as being streaky. His past numbers indicate that he's capable of being a complimentary winger, but if he's not producing he's very meh. 

I've proposed Garland for Mantha in the past, I'd also do Beauvillier for Mantha (although Caps would have to retain some of his cap hit). If the Canucks look to strictly dump cap it'll probably cost them as teams with cap space will be charging for the favour of taking his cap on, more than likely they'll be looking at a cap out/cap in move imo. Could see a team like Chicago asking for a 2nd. Could see management being willing to maybe give up a 3rd. 

only trade id do is for someone also in the final year of their deal

were gonna need that cap space next year

so i agree, anthony mantha would make a ton of sense

one underperformer for another, see if they both benefit from a change of scenery

ideal world id rather have the cap space and see if we cant use it to get another RD this year

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Makes sense, I was arguing that we should be looking to move him back during the summer. He's easier to move than Garland given he's a pending UFA.

Problem is he's inconsistent offensively for a middle six tweener, and he doesn't really seem to add much when played in a third line role. Isles fans have described him as being streaky. His past numbers indicate that he's capable of being a complimentary winger, but if he's not producing he's very meh. 

I've proposed Garland for Mantha in the past, I'd also do Beauvillier for Mantha (although Caps would have to retain some of his cap hit). If the Canucks look to strictly dump cap it'll probably cost them as teams with cap space will be charging for the favour of taking his cap on, more than likely they'll be looking at a cap out/cap in move imo. Could see a team like Chicago asking for a 2nd. Could see management being willing to maybe give up a 3rd. 

Just keep him unless/until the right deal comes up. I'm tired of giving up 2nds and 3rds. 

Him for a 5th or something better.

Edit: The other thing is, we're not desperate to move him. If anything he can be sent to Abby or rotate in and out of the line up. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, soggy said:

one underperformer for another, see if they both benefit from a change of scenery

ideal world id rather have the cap space and see if we cant use it to get another RD this year

what would be the point then?  Why not just keep AB?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, soggy said:

I think a hockey trade with Beau is more likely, I don't think the Canucks like the market for dumping cap space. It's been no secret that the Canucks would like to move a forward going back to probably the summer, we haven't opened up cap space. I'm inclined to believe that the Canucks don't like the price it'd take to dump pure cap, and cap space is still valued at a premium. 

Mantha would give us some size on the third line at least. 

I'll be surprised if we pay someone to take all of his cap without sending someone back. 

The only teams with more than 4M cap space open are Columbus, Detroit, Arizona, Buffalo, Nashville, Anaheim, and Chicago. Could maybe see something involving Columbus, Nashville, or Chicago. Trading with either of the first two would be a hockey trade imo, Chicago would be a cap dump.

Could trade with other teams, certainly, but the number of teams who could straight up eat all his cap hit is limited and Beau likely doesn't move the needle for some of them. 

10 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Just keep him unless/until the right deal comes up. I'm tired of giving up 2nds and 3rds. 

Him for a 5th or something better.

If the Canucks want to add sizeable cap they might not have a choice though, assuming they want to straight up clear cap instead of taking cap back in a deal. 

But yes, I'm not all that interested in trading picks either.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

what would be the point then?  Why not just keep AB?

fair question - id say its proably not worth it unless its someone who can play a significantly different role

like id swap him for an underperforming defenseman

i wouldnt mind mantha either- assuming hes got a level of physicality that he can unlock that he hasnt shown thus far. size and physicality would definitley be welcome in our bottom-6

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I think a hockey trade with Beau is more likely, I don't think the Canucks like the market for dumping cap space. It's been no secret that the Canucks would like to move a forward going back to probably the summer, we haven't opened up cap space. I'm inclined to believe that the Canucks don't like the price it'd take to dump pure cap, and cap space is still valued at a premium. 

Mantha would give us some size on the third line at least. 

I'll be surprised if we pay someone to take all of his cap without sending someone back. 

The only teams with more than 4M cap space open are Columbus, Detroit, Arizona, Buffalo, Nashville, Anaheim, and Chicago. Could maybe see something involving Columbus, Nashville, or Chicago. Trading with either of the first two would be a hockey trade imo, Chicago would be a cap dump.

If the Canucks want to add sizeable cap they might not have a choice though, assuming they want to straight up clear cap instead of taking cap back in a deal. 

Well, it doesn't matter IF... management has to stop making such boneheaded moves, that are still handicapping us. 

It's got to stop. 

And, to their credit, this team of managers is showing they're doing a much better job. 

Let's hope it continues. 

2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

He stinks. I have no idea why you are targeting a floater winger to bring back for Beauv. Pointless move and Mantha has term. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/anthony-mantha

No he doesn't, he's in the last year of his deal. It'd be moving out our undesirable player for their undesirable player and hoping for a better fit. Not ideal, but cheaper than paying to dump cap. If it doesn't work he's off the books at the end of the year, which was the whole point of my Garland/Mantha proposal.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

No he doesn't, he's in the last year of his deal. It'd be moving out our undesirable player for their undesirable player and hoping for a better fit. Not ideal, but cheaper than paying to dump cap. If it doesn't work he's off the books at the end of the year, which was the whole point of my Garland/Mantha proposal.

mantha doesn't use his size and he considerably slower than AB.  I didn't like AB in the horvat deal, not a huge fan of him in Van, but he's been playing decently well and I don't see a need to disrupt chemistry to trade a fwd for a fwd, which doesn't solve their logjam issue

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Well, it doesn't matter IF... management has to stop making such boneheaded moves, that are still handicapping us. 

It's got to stop. 

And, to their credit, this team of managers is showing they're doing a much better job. 

Let's hope it continues. 

Which is why if Beauvillier is moved I think it'll be more along the lines of a hockey trade that brings cap back as opposed to paying to dump his entire cap hit. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

My bad on the term. 

A non physical, non producing, lazy floater with a 1.6 mil cap add on Beauv. This isn't an option the Canucks are considering. 

My eyes shift to teams like Columbus and Nashville who could both benefit from scoring depth and could also afford to give up a RHD. Columbus have a surplus of wingers but they could benefit from more quality in the line-up. Beauv brings that. The fact that he isn't in our top 6 doesn't make him a 4th liner league wide. The guy can produce given more minutes and a better systems fit. 

To Columbus: Anthony Beauvillier and Artus Silovs
To Vancouver: Andrew Peeke and draft pick

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

dman, I'd agree, but he's playing pretty well and if it's just a swao for the sake of a swap and both fwds on an expiring deal, I'd keep him, rather thsan mess with chemistry.

as you said, Dman?  Defintely

back to the isles, that would be hilarious.  

Well, at least they would get a more complete player coming back to them.