[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

21 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but it doesn't make much sense to trade beau for a roster player. He hasn't played poorly, it's just that there's a logjam at forward.

I'm guessing anywhere from a 3rd to a 5th coming back....

How 'bout Beau + 3rd to Az for an elusive 2nd?  After all, Az have 3 of them🤔

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tolopilo has played 5 games in the system, zero chance a team is that shortsighted to send out a goalie they don't need to based on 5 games. So in this case, yes you are crazy here. 

Never has a team played a rookie on their team ever. They all arrived with 6 games experience of the system. Never has that rookie been 24 years old and absolutely dominated over in Sweden. 

Zach Sawchenko has 7 NHL games and 73 AHL games under his belt. Is that enough experience to shelter Tolopilo, who already beat out Sawchenko, for his first season? 

What is the plan for Silovs within the organization? Does he, much like a Jack Rathbone for instance, have talent, but perhaps fills no particular need considering what's ahead of him on the depth chart? Does his age fit in, logically, with what's ahead of him? Is he the best possible goalie ever to fill that spot? 

Obviously the Canucks don't move him if they don't have to or want to. If they can get something better back, I have no idea why anyone would argue against it. 

Edited by DeltaSwede

18 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I really don't understand why I keep coming back to defend this. Silovs is a former 6th round pick who at best projects as a decent back-up at the NHL level. The second coming of Eddie Lack - who just happened to be a UFA signing.. like Tolopilo. Am I crazy here??? 

Is it so bad to end up relying on veteran back-ups instead of a homegrown prospect? It's not exactly hard to get a goalie, well, unless you are the Oilers. 

That is replaceable. It always will be replaceable. This is bottom of the roster depth type of stuff. At this stage of this core, the way they are playing, what they could use instead of Arturs freaking Silovs. The passiveness to improve is really odd to see here. Very Ken Holland-esque. 

Can the canucks offer up a different prospect? Sure? You wanna give up Podkolzin instead? Maybe Raty? Do i dislike Silovs? No. Do I think he is bad? No. Does it make sense in Columbus and Vancouvers eyes? Yes. 

I'd suggest all of you open your eyes to the Belarussian giant that is Tolopilo. I am not saying he is better. I am not saying he has replaced Silovs after a WHOPPING 5 games in the AHL. I am simply stating that he can easily step up and fill those shoes that would be left behind. Canucks have got that Sawchenko guy as well who is AHL quality. 

I'm out. Ken Holland burner accounts? 

You’re off the mark if thinking it’s a good idea in putting a lot of eggs in one Toli basket. I watched him at camp and love his play - check the prospects section - but your take is premature. 

You still need depth in all positions and a G that can play back up on an ELC is a good idea if that ever becomes a possibility. 

Peeke can be had for a pick…by anyone. That is my point. Yes, we would have to clear cap and that is likely why he haven’t made a move yet. As such, if he was the answer, we likely would have sacrificed Beau to make said space. Obviously mgmt doesn’t think the same way you do.

And in case you haven’t noticed, there’s been a ton of roster turnover with this club already that has been widely and gratefully accepted by fans here. It’s just that your proposal is somewhat mediocre. No offense meant. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Makes sense. Points aside Garland has been phenomenal in the dirty areas and has been the anchor of the third line. 

I've always liked Garland to be honest.  

Sure he has his warts but I've always liked his work ethic.

No idea why so many Canuck pundits don't like the guy.  

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

It's not so much a dislike for Garland. It's that we need some size and truculence on the wings, and for lesser monies.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

You’re off the mark if thinking it’s a good idea in putting a lot of eggs in one Toli basket. I watched him at camp and love his play - check the prospects section - but your take is premature. 

You still need depth in all positions and a G that can play back up on an ELC is a good idea if that ever becomes a possibility. 

Peeke can be had for a pick…by anyone. That is my point. Yes, we would have to clear cap and that is likely why he haven’t made a move yet. As such, if he was the answer, we likely would have sacrificed Beau to make said space. Obviously mgmt doesn’t think the same way you do.

And in case you haven’t noticed, there’s been a ton of roster turnover with this club already that has been widely and gratefully accepted by fans here. It’s just that your proposal is somewhat mediocre. No offense meant. 

You couldn't be further off in your understanding of what my stance on the team is or what I am saying. The attempt to be condescending is embarassing. I've watched Tolo play multiple times live and have got very good coverage of the player. I know what he is and he could very easily fill a starting role in the AHL. It's probably why the Canucks signed him to you know.. a contract to play in the AHL.

I never once said he is the future of the organization. I don't believe he is much like Silovs really isn't either. That's something you've made up for the sake of having anything to pick at and ridicule what I am actually trying to say. 

Come out condescending and on your high horse like that and then claim to know that Peeke can be had for a pick.. by anyone.. What a fall from the stars. 

Beau has been fine and is another bottom 6 luxury piece.  He has speed and plays the right way. 

That said, with Bleuger back who comes out?  Certainly not Lafferty, Suter or Garland.  

I guess it could be Joshua or Hoglander - but Joshua’s size helps the roster and Hoglander has been playing great.  

Not saying AB is the weakest of the bunch - but if you can move him for help on D *or* gain some cap space to make a move later on I can see why he’d be on the block. 

• Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I like his energy and showing up every night trying hard attitude. 

He’s an easy target because of his size and the game he plays with it. 

30 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I have always liked Garland as well! I always felt like him and Boeser unfortunately got burried by depth but could contribute more if given more opportunity with our top players. Boeser is getting the Horvat opportunities now and look at his resurgence on the scoresheet.

51 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

How 'bout Beau + 3rd to Az for an elusive 2nd?  After all, Az have 3 of them🤔

Considering there's a decent chance that Arizona's 2nd will be like a late 1st, I'd make that deal. Not sure why the 'Yotes would though....                                                                

• Cheers 1

Really curious as to what PA would try to get in return for him, and what areas of need they may identify.

C's we're set (Petey, Miller, Suter's scoring, Lafferty's been strong, Blueger is coming back); wings we're good for the top-6, maybe add some cheap physicality in the bottom-6 (without impeding Hoglander and Joshua)?  On D even Myers is doing well, so perhaps add depth?  Even getting a farmhand who can step in like Blais or a young defensive D who can play both sides like Tucker would be a good depth add if we're going for a trade in the Pearson-for-DeSmith mold of getting a player or two back.  Doubt they would trade Toropchenko or Neighbors but I'd say yes if they would, and even someone like Bortuzzo on an expiring contract could be a serviceable add IMO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Considering there's a decent chance that Arizona's 2nd will be like a late 1st, I'd make that deal. Not sure why the 'Yotes would though....                                                                

They have three 2nd rnd pick including the Panthers and the Caps.  Probably the Panthers would be

the one the would give up.

46 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

You couldn't be further off in your understanding of what my stance on the team is or what I am saying. The attempt to be condescending is embarassing. I've watched Tolo play multiple times live and have got very good coverage of the player. I know what he is and he could very easily fill a starting role in the AHL. It's probably why the Canucks signed him to you know.. a contract to play in the AHL.

I never once said he is the future of the organization. I don't believe he is much like Silovs really isn't either. That's something you've made up for the sake of having anything to pick at and ridicule what I am actually trying to say. 

Come out condescending and on your high horse like that and then claim to know that Peeke can be had for a pick.. by anyone.. What a fall from the stars. 

Pretty obvious there is no point reasoning with you you’ve made up your mind. 

The rest of us in reality know we don’t have to move a good prospect in a position we still need depth at to acquire Peeke. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Give him to SJS for futures. Which essentially means for free. 

Frees up cap space to sign Bear plus have some cap space which can be used in a future deal for top 4 D or top 6 F

That is the type of deal that I would appreciate!

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to move him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he a UFA at the end of the year? And hes been mostly invisible other than glimpses this season.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they trade him very soon.

Blueger is going to be in the lineup soon. Someone has to get traded or sit in the press box.

Joshua - Suter - Garland

Hoglander - Blueger - Lafferty

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they trade him very soon.

Blueger is going to be in the lineup soon. Someone has to get traded or sit in the press box.

Joshua - Suter - Garland

Hoglander - Blueger - Lafferty

And Garland and Beau should go.Blueger iz back ,Podz should come up.Solid player cheep salary.