[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Peeke can be had for a pick.

No need to waste the investment made thus far into Silovs for a guy who’s a healthy scratch Dman. 

Context is super important. Is Peeke scratched because he's a bad player? 

Is Beauvillier an unmoveable asset who carries no value because he is currently in the Canucks bottom six? 

Peeke can't be had with a pick as the Canucks would have no space to bring him in. In the process the Canucks would also shed 1.4 mil. Use that for Bear or something else. 

Peeke + 1.4 mil in cap space for Beauvillier and a prospect we can easily give up. Don't be so sentimental. He's an average goalie prospect. 

Edited by DeltaSwede

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Looking through these proposals... 

No, just no.  We better not be giving up picks to move Beau.  Even for a defender.  The idea of giving a 2nd to get Beau off the book and get Tanev back?!.... THAT'S what Benning would do.... No thank you.  

Like a number of reasonable posters have stated... Just hold on to him... Rotate him into the lineup and/or injuries occur... It's called quality depth until a offer that really makes sense is presented.  

Yep

Move him if there is a benefit (cap space/assets/roster upgrade) but do not pay extra just to move an already expiring contract.

• Cheers 2

from what i remember last year, beauvillier was putting up some points b/c he was playing alongside EP 

kinda like taylor pyatt putting up points beside the sedins

overall beauvillier doesnt seem like a difference maker, hes not a good forechecker, not a great finisher, doesnt create many chances for his linemates

he just seems like he occupies a spot on the wing and does just enough to not get a savage nickname

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Give him to SJS for futures. Which essentially means for free. 

Frees up cap space to sign Bear plus have some cap space which can be used in a future deal for top 4 D or top 6 F

Good idea to free up cap; not a good idea to waste it on Bear.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DeltaSwede said:

I don't. I see Silovs as a piece that's intriguing for Columbus who don't have much at all between the pipes in the NHL or in prospects. Canucks have already "replaced" Silovs with Tolopilo for example. Not gonna debate who is the better goalie.. difference is negligible at best. 

Zero chance they have thought of Silovs as replaced based on 5 AHL games in the system, that would be extremely short sighted. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Bear will be very cheap for a very capable Dman. It'll be worth it.. 

I hope you're right; a lot of people including PA seem to want to sign him.

I like him a lot as a person; I am not at all sure he is a capable NHL defenseman.

But I have been wrong on so many things before, and I hope I am wrong again.

Cheers to The Dub!

• Cheers 1

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

I like him a lot as a person; I am not at all sure he is a capable NHL defenseman.

Cheers to The Dub!

One thing with Bear is he is a very cerebral player. Would like to see how he would look with the team now playing to structure. I'm ok with it, but at the same time always open to upgrades. 

• Cheers 1

I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but it doesn't make much sense to trade beau for a roster player. He hasn't played poorly, it's just that there's a logjam at forward.

I'm guessing anywhere from a 3rd to a 5th coming back....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Zero chance they have though of Silovs as replaced based on 5 AHL games in the system, that would be extremely short sighted. 

I really don't understand why I keep coming back to defend this. Silovs is a former 6th round pick who at best projects as a decent back-up at the NHL level. The second coming of Eddie Lack - who just happened to be a UFA signing.. like Tolopilo. Am I crazy here??? 

Is it so bad to end up relying on veteran back-ups instead of a homegrown prospect? It's not exactly hard to get a goalie, well, unless you are the Oilers. 

That is replaceable. It always will be replaceable. This is bottom of the roster depth type of stuff. At this stage of this core, the way they are playing, what they could use instead of Arturs freaking Silovs. The passiveness to improve is really odd to see here. Very Ken Holland-esque. 

Can the canucks offer up a different prospect? Sure? You wanna give up Podkolzin instead? Maybe Raty? Do i dislike Silovs? No. Do I think he is bad? No. Does it make sense in Columbus and Vancouvers eyes? Yes. 

I'd suggest all of you open your eyes to the Belarussian giant that is Tolopilo. I am not saying he is better. I am not saying he has replaced Silovs after a WHOPPING 5 games in the AHL. I am simply stating that he can easily step up and fill those shoes that would be left behind. Canucks have got that Sawchenko guy as well who is AHL quality. 

I'm out. Ken Holland burner accounts? 

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but it doesn't make much sense to trade beau for a roster player. He hasn't played poorly, it's just that there's a logjam at forward.

I'm guessing anywhere from a 3rd to a 5th coming back....

beauviller is literally avocado

textureless, tasteless, incredibly overpriced, and probably adored by zoomer girls

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

I really don't understand why I keep coming back to defend this. Silovs is a former 6th round pick who at best projects as a decent back-up at the NHL level. The second coming of Eddie Lack - who just happened to be a UFA signing.. like Tolopilo. Am I crazy here??? 

Is it so bad to end up relying on veteran back-ups instead of a homegrown prospect? It's not exactly hard to get a goalie, well, unless you are the Oilers. 

That is replaceable. It always will be replaceable. This is bottom of the roster depth type of stuff. At this stage of this core, the way they are playing, what they could use instead of Arturs freaking Silovs. The passiveness to improve is really odd to see here. Very Ken Holland-esque. 

Can the canucks offer up a different prospect? Sure? You wanna give up Podkolzin instead? Maybe Raty? Do i dislike Silovs? No. Do I think he is bad? No. Does it make sense in Columbus and Vancouvers eyes? Yes. 

I'd suggest all of you open your eyes to the Belarussian giant that is Tolopilo. I am not saying he is better. I am not saying he has replaced Silovs after a WHOPPING 5 games in the AHL. I am simply stating that he can easily step up and fill those shoes that would be left behind. Canucks have got that Sawchenko guy as well who is AHL quality. 

Tolopilo has played 5 games in the system, zero chance a team is that shortsighted to send out a goalie they don't need to based on 5 games. So in this case, yes you are crazy here. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Trade both Beau and Garland. I’d rather have Bains and Podz. 

I might be the minority on this but there's no way I would like to see Garland moved, The games I watched through out the league have showed me how much teams have problems with fast players and Garland is a spark plug. Him and Mik make this team significantly faster and speed kills!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tolopilo has played 5 games in the system, zero chance a team is that shortsighted to send out a goalie they don't need to based on 5 games. So in this case, yes you are crazy here. 

i wish we had drafted him, i could have heard stan smyl walk up to the mic and say "we are proud to select nicole tilapia"

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Also Ty Young (19 yr old) is playing better this year than last for the Cougs in PG.

Pretty sure Clark insisted on this kid and he looks like good value for the 5th round pick in the 2022 draft.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Context is super important. Is Peeke scratched because he's a bad player? 

Is Beauvillier an unmoveable asset who carries no value because he is currently in the Canucks bottom six? 

Peeke can't be had with a pick as the Canucks would have no space to bring him in. In the process the Canucks would also shed 1.4 mil. Use that for Bear or something else. 

Peeke + 1.4 mil in cap space for Beauvillier and a prospect we can easily give up. Don't be so sentimental. He's an average goalie prospect. 

It’s not about being sentimental. It’s a waste of a prospect for a guy who is still potentially a scratch on our roster right now. You’re overpaying to free us up from Beau but it’s not like we are in dire need to move him out. And if we did, we could simply move him for a mid to late pick if we were desperate…but we’re not. You’ve seen our record, the kind of hockey we are playing…your proposal makes little sense to a club that is trying to increase the quality of its prospect pool and the level of competition internally to improve and make this roster. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Cheers to The Dub!

If there's something in the works for a legit top 4 RHD then they probably won't sign Bear. We already got Friedman there's only so many spots. 

But if there is nothing on the horizon at the price point Canucks are willing to pay then I think they might sign Bear and trade for a top 6 scoring winger. 

They need a legit top 6 F for 2nd line and move DGP to the 3rd.