[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

33 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

And Garland and Beau should go.Blueger iz back ,Podz should come up.Solid player cheep salary.

Ya but that’s not an issue right now.

Garland will likely get traded once the cap goes up.

Podkolzin needs to stay in the AHL, confidence and continue to work on his game. Good start for him so far.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

If we're trading AB and a + like a pick or a Silovs for a player like Tanev.  

I aghast.

If we're doing anything of the sort to a team struggling like mad and desperate.  I want Broberg from Edmonton.  Ya he's an LHD but he's 22, big and can skate and he's in Edmonton...they haven't produced a defenseman since...I can't remember.

That's the kind of trade you make, not for a guy you can get as a UFA next July

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I'd like to see Beauvillier+ to CGY for Tanev. 

Maybe the + could be Juulsen or Wolanin, as VAN would likely have to add and the Flames might want a serviceable D coming back.

Hughes - Tanev

Cole - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Friedman

Canucks are on Tanev's no-trade list ... he's still ticked off at "not even a phone call" treatment

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

A lot of teams will likely be calling about Tanev. I'm sure they could to better than Beau plus a late pick. 

That said I still think a deal could be made. Beau was working pretty well with Petey and Kuz back when we first acquired him, so he could potentially be someone that could help jumpstart Huberdeau. I think a more realistic trade looks something like this.

To Vancouver

-Chris Tanev

To Calgary

-Beauvillier 

-Juulsen

-2024 2nd rd pick

Tocchet likes Juulsen 

• Cheers 1

Makes sense. Even if ultimately Garland is not in our long term plan, he has been playing well and for that reason i would keep him on the team at least until the TDL to increase his trade value. It's better than forcing a trade now and potentially affecting the team's chemistry. 

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Or the Blackhawks. 

What value does a 4th round pick have in a trade?

Would it be enough for Chicago to take Beauvillier off our hands?

Chicago already has our 2nd, and we have our 4th and New Jersey's 4th.

Have a look at Chicago's Cap Friendly page; they've got 7 picks in the first 3 rounds and none in the 4th.

They clearly value higher round picks much more than 4th round and later.

Maybe we would have to give up our 3rd; would they do it? 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

You couldn't be further off in your understanding of what my stance on the team is or what I am saying. The attempt to be condescending is embarassing. I've watched Tolo play multiple times live and have got very good coverage of the player. I know what he is and he could very easily fill a starting role in the AHL. It's probably why the Canucks signed him to you know.. a contract to play in the AHL.

I never once said he is the future of the organization. I don't believe he is much like Silovs really isn't either. That's something you've made up for the sake of having anything to pick at and ridicule what I am actually trying to say. 

Come out condescending and on your high horse like that and then claim to know that Peeke can be had for a pick.. by anyone.. What a fall from the stars. 

I have no intention of being condescending but if that’s your interpretation so be it.
I just don’t like your proposal. You put it out there for public consumption and you got a response. Not THE response so loosen up. Some folks might like it. I don’t. It’s not what I’d want to see happen, but who cares. No point in getting offended or bitchy about it. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If we're trading AB and a + like a pick or a Silovs for a player like Tanev.  

I aghast.

If we're doing anything of the sort to a team struggling like mad and desperate.  I want Broberg from Edmonton.  Ya he's an LHD but he's 22, big and can skate and he's in Edmonton...they haven't produced a defenseman since...I can't remember.

That's the kind of trade you make, not for a guy you can get as a UFA next July

thats probably what management is holding out for

theyve been trading for guys taht would be impossible to get in UFA, and signing UFAs wherever possible to get assets without having to give up any

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CaptainQuin said:

Honest question .

what could we get if we packaged 

Beau + 1st and prospect like Klimovich?

I would hazard a guess (if CAR was still selling) as probably something like Pesce without any extension. 
But I think it would have to happen a fair bit prior to deadline so they could potentially flip Beau as well and eventually recoup a total of a 1st, 3/4th round pick and Klimovich. Not bad for an expiring contract who could also potentially re-sign with CAR in Free Agency as Pesce has described how much he likes playing for that team and would like to remain a Cane.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Very touching sentiment but I mean also playing with Miller on the 2nd line and 1rst unit PP helps.

You're kidding, right? He has had those "opportunities" the past two years. 

What I'm talking about is that he's finally gotten through a horrible part of his life and has now become the player we all hoped he would. 

Touching, my ass. 

6 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

You're kidding, right? He has had those "opportunities" the past two years. 

What I'm talking about is that he's finally gotten through a horrible part of his life and has now become the player we all hoped he would. 

Touching, my ass. 

image.gif.9489b225c2cd451088ad22422faa1ce6.gif

• Haha 2