CFFGML - 2023-24

On 4/19/2024 at 3:54 PM, ThatMike said:

SIGNING: The Dallas Stars have signed the following players to their three year entry-level contracts

image.png.b03414adbf8749330966ecb41ce48627.png Gleb Trikozov - 3 Years $2.625m ($875k AAV)

image.png.b03414adbf8749330966ecb41ce48627.png Denton Mateychuk - 3 Years $3.75m ($1.25m AAV)

image.png.b03414adbf8749330966ecb41ce48627.png Julian Lutz - 3 Years $2.625m ($875k AAV)

image.png.b03414adbf8749330966ecb41ce48627.png Elias Pettersson - 3 Years $2.625m ($875k AAV)

@canuck2xtreme

• Like 1

Canucks vs. Predators Prove There's No Quit in Champions

The NHL playoffs are all about grit, determination, and that undeniable will to hoist the Stanley Cup. This year, the series between the Nashville Predators and the Vancouver Canucks is exemplifying exactly that. Both teams boast championship pedigree, with the Predators taking home the trophy in 2020 and the Canucks conquering the league in 2019.

On the Vancouver side, all eyes are on @Theo5789, the first-year GM who's already established himself as a strategic mastermind. Despite the lack of a championship ring, Theo5789's two Presidents Trophies in two different franchises speak volumes about his ability to build a winning team.

Early on, it seemed like the Canucks, stacked with offensive firepower like Artturi Lehkonen, Adrian Kempe, Jake DeBrusk, and Chris Kreider, were simply too much for the Predators to handle. Goals came relentlessly, showcasing the kind of offensive dominance many expected from the Presidents' Trophy winners.

But true to champion form, @Sergei Bobrovsky's Predators have dug deep and found a renewed fire. The return of star defenseman Mikhail Sergachev has bolstered their defensive core, while offensive juggernauts Jack Eichel, Nikita Kucherov, and Brayden Point have elevated their play to a whole new level.

As the series goes into a pivotal game, both teams are echoing the same sentiment: "We're taking it one game at a time," said Brayden Point of the Predators. "There's no quit in this locker room, and we believe we can win this series."

Vancouver's veteran winger Jake DeBrusk echoed the sentiment, adding, "We know Nashville is a battle-tested team. They've been here before, and they won't go down without a fight. But we came here to win, and we're not backing down from a challenge."

The NHL playoffs are a marathon, not a sprint, and this series between the Predators and the Canucks is proving that. With grit, determination, and a whole lot of heart, both teams are leaving it all on the ice, making it one of the most exciting matchups to watch this postseason.

Edited by da.moose
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, aGENT said:

Injured reserve:

Colorado places Brett Pesce on injured reserve.

Activation: and recalls Ilya Lyubushkin

@canuck2xtreme

pretty certain you can’t do that mid round.. if Lybushkin wasn’t in your starting 23, he can only be added for next round

24 minutes ago, Squeak said:

pretty certain you can’t do that mid round.. if Lybushkin wasn’t in your starting 23, he can only be added for next round

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Correct.

Weird but alright, guess that goes for DeSmith too?

On 4/26/2024 at 9:14 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

INJURED RESERVE: The Winnipeg Jets have placed Thatcher Demko on IR.

RECALL: The Winnipeg Jets have recalled Casey DeSmith to the active roster.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Weird but alright, guess that goes for DeSmith too?

As I understand it yes, no roster moves can take place during a round. Once a round has concluded you may add from your black aces pool of players for the next round. I of course see nothing in the CBA but this is how we roll or have since inception in 2009 unless I am confused.

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

As I understand it yes, no roster moves can take place during a round. Once a round has concluded you may add from your black aces pool of players for the next round. I of course see nothing in the CBA but this is how we roll or have since inception in 2009 unless I am confused.

Yeah, I couldn't remember, couldn't find anything in the rules, and just followed Curt's lead 🤣

On 4/28/2024 at 1:32 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

This is correct, thanks MV.  I had a few people reach out and say 'hey, you can replace an injured guy can't you?' and I started thinking... did we change that and I'm blanking on it?? 😂  

I've removed both my recall of DeSmith and COL's addition of Lyubushkin to properly reflect the rules.  That's probably something I should clear up in next years CBA so there's no confusion.

• Cheers 2

SIGNING: The St Louis Blues have signed the following players to their three year entry-level contracts

image.thumb.png.b45fd7a8faf3dd61e037228f5b664e47.png

Kirill Kudryavtsev - 3 Years - $2.505m (AAV $835k)

image.thumb.png.b45fd7a8faf3dd61e037228f5b664e47.png

Hunter Brzustewicz - 3 Years - $2.7m (AAV $900k)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Brettzky said:

if we sign our unsigned draft picks now, are they now effective next season?

Thanks!

Yes, if you sign drafted players now, their contracts begin in the 2024-25 season, but they are not eligible to play in the playoffs this year.

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 1:56 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

This is correct, thanks MV.  I had a few people reach out and say 'hey, you can replace an injured guy can't you?' and I started thinking... did we change that and I'm blanking on it?? 😂  

I've removed both my recall of DeSmith and COL's addition of Lyubushkin to properly reflect the rules.  That's probably something I should clear up in next years CBA so there's no confusion.

I have a question about playoff scoring. Call me crazy but I thought we took the OTL points away from goalies in the playoffs? That it was just 10 for a W and extra 10 for a SO (goals and assists still got extra points however)

Did we move away from that or did we never even have that rule? Am I losing my mind??

Edited by Lethunder

The following players will not be qualified by the St Louis Blues 

Leevi Aaltonen

Mitchell Stephens

Joona Luoto

Maxime Lajoie

Markus Niemelainen

Dylan Ferguson

The following players will not be offered ELC

Hugo Hävelid

Marek Hejduk

In Round 2

Sam Reinhart

Sergei Bobrovsky

Eetu Luostarinen 

Nathan MacKinnon

Ross Colton

Evander Kane

Jimmy Vesey

Brett Kulak

Codi Ceci

Still Alive

Quinn Hughes

Ilya Mikheyev

Danton Heinen

Trent Frédéric

Michael Amadio

Logan Stankoven

Shae Theodore

Andrew Peeke

Nicolas Hague

Ilya Samsonov

Eliminated

Kyle Connor

Alex Laferriere

Michael Eyssimont

Colin Miller

Black Aces - Figure it out later lol

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Barring multiple game misconducts by Reaves on Saturday, with a Robertson hat trick and a few assists from Brodie, Pittsburgh will be eliminating Carolina. Congrats to @ActionJax09 on a great series. It was great being in the playoffs. My late season push has reengaged me, and I am looking forward to a fun off season!

Go Canucks!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

On 5/1/2024 at 8:01 PM, Devron said:

The following players will not be qualified by the St Louis Blues 

Leevi Aaltonen

Mitchell Stephens

Joona Luoto

Maxime Lajoie

Markus Niemelainen

Dylan Ferguson

The following players will not be offered ELC

Hugo Hävelid

Marek Hejduk

@canuck2xtreme

@Devron, make sure you tag those in charge. 

• Like 1

Signings: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed the following players to their 3-year entry level contracts.

TBL.png.c6ec6bb6e8ba399b2cffd70f4f4e1f9e.png  Bryce McConell-Barker: $2.625 million dollar contract ( $875k per season )

TBL.png.c6ec6bb6e8ba399b2cffd70f4f4e1f9e.png  Matyas Sapovaliv : $2.625 million dollar contract ( $875k per season )