Milan Lucic will be taking an indefinite LoA after a domestic incident.

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Sad. There are always two sides to every story and in domestic disputes, however, nothing ever warrants a man putting his hands on a woman. Walk away. Go to the garage and punch a punching bag. 

And it works the other way too...if she's assaulting him charge her. But never should a man "fight back". Especially a big man known for fighting.

As a 20 year victim of domestic abuse who kept that on the downlow until recently, it really changes your life in a traumatic way. Still working on the anxiety I suffer from created by that situation.

The problem is that Lucic identifies themself as a woman.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

but he has never had that reputation off of it. He seems like a great family man and someone who has always been involved in the community.

This is interesting to me. My ex was a respected/very well regarded union man who held a high position at work. It can be a well kept secret (what goes on behind the scenes). Jekyll and Hyde stuff. "The nicest guy".

Although I feel that people close to victims often know or at least sense things...there are signs that are often ignored as people don't want to get involved or interfere. "None of my business" mentality. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Mug shot with no shirt on... Was he wacked out on something? did the police have to take him immediately?. 

Looks like every second suspect on the show Cops. 

Damn, Looch get your shit together. Get help. 

He’s always been a fan of the liquor. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

It’s hard to pass judgement until we know all the facts, but it certainly does not look good. Maybe he’s experienced trauma in his life. Maybe he hasn’t. Not everyone who has is abusive though. I’ll refer you all to Linden Vey. 

Yes, we have to reserve judgement until all the facts (if at all) come out. There's more than one side of the story. It doesn't mean that Lucic should be given excuses, but it also means that there are extenuating circumstances that none of us can imagine when things play out. There's a difference. People can be BOTH aggressors and victims. There's no contradiction in that.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1