John Klingberg has been placed on LTIR

EDIT:

Despite a very successful NHL campaign in Sweden, there is one piece of bad news: John Klingberg seems to have... aggravated his injury on the long trip over there.  Something seems to be very wrong with his health.

For him to somehow get worse on a long flight and nothing else, my guess is that it's arthritis.  His hips are completely messed up and although he looks useful on the powerplay, I guess it's obvious now that he's been fighting through some debilitating pain.  His defence has gone from worst in the league to... even worse.  But if he's really fighting through injury, it's hard to be an asshole about it now.

image.png.2468641175cbee18b96cda73718bf580.png

If this is truly the end for John Klingberg, he will be remembered for one of the NHL's biggest fumbled bags.  He chose not to sign long-term with Dallas two years ago.  He was offered $56 million over 8 years but his agent suggested he turn it down.  Everything has gone downhill since.

In relation to the Canucks, this is going to make the Leafs even more desperate for a right-side defenceman, exactly what we are looking for.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Sad 2
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Poor dude... Been hopping around to land a retirement contract. With teams are capped out in free market. Just very bad luck. 

Ya. I believe Dallas offered 7 x 7 back in the day. Ouch. He will never see that kind of offer again. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How convenient that the Leafs now have over $4 million to spend to go after some actual NHL Dmen...

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Was thinking that exact same thing.... Maybe he got a call from the godfather...

make cant refuse GIF

Sadly, this exactly my first thought, as well.

I tell myself it is hard not to be cynical, due to past evidence, but man I don't like thinking the worst of things-at least to start.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Sadly, this exactly my first thought, as well.

I tell myself it is hard not to be cynical, due to past evidence, but man I don't like thinking the worst of things-at least to start.

Cheers, yeah it cynical, but if I had been a detective, I would have said, I don't believe coincidence...

Now, I'm not a detective, and coincidence do happen, but for Leafs, it is a very convenient time,  he gets this maybe career ending injury... 🙄

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1