Danila Klimovich | RW

On 11/27/2023 at 11:04 AM, Bob Long said:

It really is. It's too bad it looks like bust territory.

But maybe he can stay on Abby a bit longer on an AHL only contract? Who knows maybe he can put it together by 24-25 to be a solid 4th liner?

Bust territory?

How?

19 years old in the AHL, in another country, barely speaks the language and had 17 goals and 29 points in 67 games, up from 18pts in 62 games as an 18 year old in the second hardest pro league in the world?

He's played 5 games and has been injured alot this year and is 20 years old

What kind of nonsense is this, bust? What are you on bro?

• Cheers 1

Just now, billydakid said:

Bust territory?

How?

19 years old in the AHL, in another country, barely speaks the language and had 17 goals and 29 points in 67 games, up from 18pts in 62 games as an 18 year old in the second hardest pro league in the world?

He's played 5 games and has been injured alot this year and is 20 years old

What kind of nonsense is this, bust? What are you on bro?

Don't bro me, pal.

I said 'looking like' - in comparison with his teammates he's struggling.

3 minutes ago, billydakid said:

I think I expressed my point in regards to the 5 games in the original response to you

Perhaps you could try reading it

He turns 21 in a month, stats thus far have been underwhelming, was healthy scratched early on this season already then got hurt.  I wouldn't say bust but it isn't looking good right now

4 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

He turns 21 in a month, stats thus far have been underwhelming, was healthy scratched early on this season already then got hurt.  I wouldn't say bust but it isn't looking good right now

He was never healthy scratched, it was bad reporting by Vancouver media. He had groin pull. This trip to Calgary - he got sick, should be fine soon.

6 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Whatever

I don't judge a 20 year old kid in the AHL who's improved 2 seasons in a row, and was off to a slow start and got hurt, as a bust or close to it ( like many here do). Alot of people said Jett Woo was a bust and guess what? He's starting to show he could be a player.

This idea that players have to be proving they're all world or a bust (binary thinking) is pervasive among many (in all aspects of thinking /society), and its overly simplistic. I recall a player named Nikushkin being screamed about because we took Horvat instead. Then Nikushkin was a bust, and now...well I am pretty sure every NHL team would love to have him, and he was what, 10th overall?

Many Canucks fans seem to expect a 2nd rounder to be a ppg at 20 years old in the AHL, or BUST!!! Bust I say!!!

Jesus

Edited by billydakid
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

dunno Bro, I'm already bored of us. 

Here's an idea to ponder

Player development is more often than not, not a straight line / trajectory...it takes time... weird I know

And ironically, Danila's development other than 5 games has been a straight line up

Yet somehow he's a bust or close to it ...lmao

Edited by billydakid

Just now, billydakid said:

Here's an idea to ponder

Player development is more often than not, not a straight line / trajectory...it takes time... weird I know

actually more often than not, prospects are busts. #statistics 

and I don't care. You have your ideas, I have mine. 

It's going to be tough for Klim to get back into the level of play due to being out for

so long.  Like someone else pointed out, he has shown an improvement during the

last 2 seasons.  Keep in mind that Raty was drafted in the same year, 11 pics

behind Klim.  Raty is clearly pulling away from him in every part of the game.

Luckily the management very wisely delayed signing him until this year, so Klim has 2 more

years of ELC after this season.  This will give him more (stress free) time to develop;

especially having to catch up after the horrible start this season.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, when your prospects don't immediately become superstars it's important to dump them quickly before they ripen and develop any value. 

Does Klim have any value? I’d say not any. Great young man but imo a miss. If he can be sweetener (I don’t think he has that value) then absolutely we should move on. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, when your prospects don't immediately become superstars it's important to dump them quickly before they ripen and develop any value. 

Not sure why it has to be a touchy issue. Only 1/3 of 2nd rounders have any playing time at all. Klim is underperforming, it's not a dig it's just realty.