danila-klimovich-2022-39.jpg

2020-21 Team: Minskie Zubry (#37)
Date of Birth: Jan 9, 2003
Place of Birth: Pinsk, Belarus
Ht: 6-foot-1 Wt: 187 pounds
Shoots: Right
Position: Right Wing

Date of Birth: Jan 9, 2003

Unranked by everyone but NHL Central Scouting and Elite Prospects, Klimovich wowed everyone with his speed, shot, and overall skill on his way to being named one of Team Belarus’ best players of the tournament and now, one to watch in the first few rounds of the upcoming draft. No longer an unknown prospect, he could even find his way into the first round, especially if Columbus Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekäläinen caught wind of his play. As we all know, he’s no stranger to off-the-board picks after selecting Yegor Chinakhov in 2020. Although, with his team set to potentially choose in the top-five, that probably won’t happen this time.

Klimovich is a highly creative goal scoring forward with an NHL caliber shot and a compete level that is off the charts. He also knows how to finish his chances, which is something that can elude a lot of players striving to be consistent offensive producers. All in all, he has all the skills of a top line forward, which makes it hard to believe that we are just discovering him a couple of months away from the draft. I guess if he was playing in a more prominent league like the KHL or MHL, we probably would have known about him sooner.

All in all, Klimovich’s name is one to keep an eye on, as he could become a steal in the first few rounds. North America could be seeing more of him in the coming seasons too, as he was drafted in the 2020 CHL Import Draft by the QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda. If he does ultimately come over from Belarus, I’m sure he will quickly become a household name, that is, if he isn’t already.

“The size, the skills, the hockey sense are all there for him to be an offensive producing player and he’s consistent in his approach. He’s got NHL speed and competes hard. Now, he does have a flair for the dramatic at times, but that’s good. It means he’s confident, but, every shift, he’s first on pucks, always going to the net and he’s got that knack to be open and available to get that shot off. He’s on the top line and is the top scorer and he’s one of the first forwards coming back on the play.” – Dan Marr, director of NHL Central Scouting 

“While his skill is clearly raw, he’s got a quick release and, in a similar vein as Alex Ovechkin, he has a knack for finding open ice – something Klimovich considers a strong point in his game. Klimovich has agile hands that allows him to control the puck effectively and while his skating isn’t anything special, he can move the puck at a nice speed.” – Steven Ellis, The Hockey News

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 3:00 PM, Rip The Mesh said:

This coming season (I'm hoping), will be his big break-out. A years maturity should make a gigantic transformation.  Exhibition & preseason will tell us to some degree.

GO KLIM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I haven't had a chance to watch any hockey yet.

Hoping he looks good.

He's my bold prediction to make the team 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Much like Podz, Klim is struggling with limited hockey development in his homeland, where scoring

is prioritized over all other aspects of the game.  He is younger than Podz, so is behind him in

the development ladder.  He's just 20 yrs, which is the age many future NHL players join the AHL,

so he has the time to make the necessary improvements in his game.

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-prospects-klimovich-scratched-boom-times-for-brzustewicz-and-lekkerimaki/wcm/a7f2d1d2-7fe9-41f3-b59a-f5aa4275d6ac

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Bobby James said:

He's young still so lots of development road ahead of him still. 

I do want him back in the lineup though. Even on the 4th line. I don't think him sitting too much is good at his age, especially considering he played a bunch last year. 

Agreed, even if he's not better than players like Wouters or Gatcomb we should be prioritizing his development. Thats the whole point of the AHL. 

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Klimovich is out against Calgary. Is his injury more than suspected? 

Klim is a really nice young man and definitely a strong addition to our community. But he’s not an NHLer. This is another example if Benning watching a prospect play in one tournament and then deciding that’s “his” guy. 

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Klim is a really nice young man and definitely a strong addition to our community. But he’s not an NHLer. This is another example if Benning watching a prospect play in one tournament and then deciding that’s “his” guy. 

It really is. It's too bad it looks like bust territory.

But maybe he can stay on Abby a bit longer on an AHL only contract? Who knows maybe he can put it together by 24-25 to be a solid 4th liner?

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Klim's draft year (2nd round) looks pretty grim.  Most of them aren't even playing in the AHL and

there is just a handful that are showing promise so far. At this point, only Moser is looking like

an NHL player.  Still, 20yrs is awful young to write a player off; especially a 2nd round player.

I don't know what's going on with Klim, but he's only played 5/17 games.  That's a significant

time off for an injury, so he'll take some time to get back into the game.

If it doesn't work out for Klim, we can always just think about Raty as our 2nd in that year😎

Edited by higgyfan
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, fans need to remember that this kid is only 20, and although this is his 3rd season in the AHL, this is the year that NORMALLY, he would be just joining the AHL.

Not saying that he's going to magically suddenly become a full time NHL guy, but he's still really young and has all the capabilities. We probably should have sent him to Junior for a year or two, but we didn't.

I think we are a long way from deciding that he's just a failed prospect.

THIS!!! People need to relax, Klim is still young and he may or may not develop into an NHL player, only time will tell...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Klim's draft year (2nd round) looks pretty grim.  Most of them aren't even playing in the AHL and

there is just a handful that are showing promise so far. At this point, only Moser is looking like

an NHL player.  Still, 20yrs is awful young to write a player off; especially a 2nd round player.

I don't know what's going on with Klim, but he's only played 5/17 games.  That's a significant

time off for an injury, so he'll take some time to get back into the game.

If it doesn't work out for Klim, we can always just think about Raty as our 2nd in that year😎

Is he benched? He was injured, came back for 2 games and hasn't played since. I doubt it is an attitude problem. Must be an injury. 

15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Is he benched? He was injured, came back for 2 games and hasn't played since. I doubt it is an attitude problem. Must be an injury. 

He took a hit to the head last game but I'm not sure if he's injured. Check out Abbys highlights from last night

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Definitely not an attitude problem. The kid doesn't have attitude (the bad one, I mean 🙂 ). I'm reaching out to find out what's going on. I'll also see him soon in person.

• Like 1