Danila Klimovich | RW

24 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, when your prospects don't immediately become superstars it's important to dump them quickly before they ripen and develop any value. 

Immediately? Superstar? 

That's a pretty far stretch from being an AHL 13th forward in his draft +3 lol.

Edited by 27 Percent
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Not sure why it has to be a touchy issue. Only 1/3 of 2nd rounders have any playing time at all. Klim is underperforming, it's not a dig it's just realty.

When you say “underperforming” - how do you judge that? Do you know what he is being asked to do by the development team? All I can tell you is that after every game he has a personal review with one of the Sedins and so far they are happy with his execution of things they are asking him to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

When you say “underperforming” - how do you judge that? Do you know what he is being asked to do by the development team? All I can tell you is that after every game he has a personal review with one of the Sedins and so far they are happy with his execution of things they are asking him to do.

Just based on his playing time, his production, and who he was drafted around. He's nowhere near Raty e.g.

But I hope you're correct and something else is going on.

It's not personal, I'd love to see him make it but objectively I think it looks like a tough road ahead.

Edited by Bob Long

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Just based on his playing time, his production, and who he was drafted around. He's nowhere near Raty e.g.

It's not personal, I'd love to see him make it but objectively I think it looks like a tough road ahead.

I don't disagree about the tough road and most importantly - he himself knows that it's a tough road ahead. But he has the right attitude and willingness to work hard.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, 27 Percent said:

Immediately? Superstar? 

That's a pretty far stretch from being an AHL 13th forward in his draft +3 lol.

Other than Raty, Klim is the youngest player on the team.  The rest of the Canuck prospects

are in the 22-23yr range, which means they had +++ development before joining the AHL.

Considering that most players (that aren't top pics) don't play in the AHL until they're 20yrs old,

calling Klim out on his draft+3 situation is unfair.  Let's roll it back...

AHL rookie year: 18yr boy in a foreign country, doesn't speak the language has no/few friends

or family.  Results: 10th in points (FWs)on a team that has mostly 25-26yrs old in the top scoring.

2nd year:  (19yrs) 9th in points among FWs, with Karlsson (22), Neilsen(22), Bains(21), Hogs(21)

Wouters(22) amongst the top 10.  His PIMs are up and he's got the best +/- on the team.

3rd year:  Only played 5 games due to injury.  Will take some time to get his game going.

It's a setback, but hardly the end of his development.

This young man is considered to be a 'diamond in the rough' that has a lot of potential.  He will

need a lot of development time to get to the level that the coaches are hoping for.  We'll have

to wait and see how things pan out for Klim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think it's really fair to compare Klim to Raty.  The year after the draft, it became obvious that

Raty was going to be a much better player than his draft position.  One just has to look at this

performance once he joined a different team in 21-22.  At 18yr, the top scorer on the team.

The year before his draft (16yr), he was being considered as the possible 1oa.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I don't think it's really fair to compare Klim to Raty.  The year after the draft, it became obvious that

Raty was going to be a much better player than his draft position.  One just has to look at this

performance once he joined a different team in 21-22.  At 18yr, the top scorer on the team.

The year before his draft (16yr), he was being considered as the possible 1oa.

Klim was picked well ahead of Raty though.

Just now, Bob Long said:

Imo, Raty is the better player, but I don't see how Klim's draft position changes anything.  Klim is

such a raw talent who will need much more development to reach his potential.  He has 3yrs of

ELC, so let's relax and see how things go.  Hope for the best.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Sorry Bob but the first thing that popped into my head was 'So what?'

I agree Klim has been a little disappointing but I think it's too soon to give up on the guy.

No one is giving up but that doesn't mean he's trending well.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Satchmo said:

Sorry Bob but the first thing that popped into my head was 'So what?'

I agree Klim has been a little disappointing but I think it's too soon to give up on the guy.

I think the implication is that Benning picked the unknown guy when he could have picked Raty.

We know now that Raty is a much better player than his draft position projected.  At the time,

9 other teams didn't pick him before the Islanders; one of them twice.

BTW, I love your username

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think the implication is that Benning picked the unknown guy when he could have picked Raty.

We know now that Raty is a much better player than his draft position projected.  At the time,

Raty was thought to be a #1 overall at some point, but he slipped until the 2nd round FOR A REASON. On the other hand, Klim was not well-known to scouts - and if he was, there was an apparent bias against him because he played for a team like Belarus. You are making jumps of logic that aren't supported in any way.

Just because Raty was available for Benning doesn't mean he would've been a good pick. He is a raw talent (still) and you're still believing in the hype that he was many years ago.

37 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That's on Benning, not on Allvin.  Raty was considered a top 10 pick in the draft, even the #1 overall pick.  So Benning should have picked him over Klimovich.

Having said that, this thread is hilarious.  Klimovich is barely old enough to drink and already he is a bust.  Too funny...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

That's on Benning, not on Allvin.  Raty was considered a top 10 pick in the draft, even the #1 overall pick.  So Benning should have picked him over Klimovich.

Having said that, this thread is hilarious.  Klimovich is barely old enough to drink and already he is a bust.  Too funny...

"Trending"

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

No one is giving up but that doesn't mean he's trending well.

I thought he was trending quite well before the injury.  It's too bad he has been sidelined this season.

Klim hasn't had the developmental opportunities that other prospects have hadThe coaching team

are putting a lot of thought and time into developing him the 'right way' in a harsh AHL environment.

Even the team's best prospects are not expected to jump to the AHL before they're 20yrs old.  It may not be a

better league than the SHL or KHL, but it is certainly a lot more physical. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

42 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I thought he was trending quite well before the injury.  It's too bad he has been sidelined this season.

Klim hasn't had the developmental opportunities that other prospects have hadThe coaching team

are putting a lot of thought and time into developing him the 'right way' in a harsh AHL environment.

Even the team's best prospects are not expected to jump to the AHL before they're 20yrs old.  It may not be a

better league than the SHL or KHL, but it is certainly a lot more physical. 

Yep that's all fair. He's lucky to have individual coaching from the Sedins as well.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

Raty was thought to be a #1 overall at some point, but he slipped until the 2nd round FOR A REASON. On the other hand, Klim was not well-known to scouts - and if he was, there was an apparent bias against him because he played for a team like Belarus. You are making jumps of logic that aren't supported in any way.

Just because Raty was available for Benning doesn't mean he would've been a good pick. He is a raw talent (still) and you're still believing in the hype that he was many years ago.

You have quoted a comment I made that was explaining another members' post saying that Benning

should have picked Raty over Klim.  Raty is a better player now, than what was known of him at the

draft.  The following year of his draft, he went to another SM-liga team and became the 2nd best

scorer and top Center as an 18yr old.  When the Islanders brought him over to NA, they knew

they had a talented player that had a lot of promise.

With Aman joining the Canucks, he is now the 4th FW in points and that's with a slow start to the season. 

He is also at least 2yrs younger than any of the those forwards. 

As far as Klim is concerned, you can read what I've already said, if you want.  They seem pretty

logical to me.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But he wasn't on draft day. That is the most important thing about it at the end of the day.

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Not sure why it has to be a touchy issue. Only 1/3 of 2nd rounders have any playing time at all. Klim is underperforming, it's not a dig it's just realty.

underperforming whom? You're ridiculous arm chair expectations? LOL

Edited by billydakid

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

And now we have Raty and Klim, so what's your point?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

And so what? We have both of them now and other than probably top 15 first round picks, where you're taken means nothing. What matters is post draft development and coaching.

If you want to Gripe about Benning go find another thread. It seems from your posts all you do is complain. Why are you a fan of this team if it brings you so much grief Eeyore?

My guess is nothing is good enough for your type. My bet is you're like the guys Sat Shah was talking about post game yesterday, people who are complaining about the canucks on their text line when they are winning, even when they are 4th overall in the league...like they aren't winning the "way the people want"....

smh

Edited by billydakid
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, billydakid said:

And so what? We have both of them now and other than probably top 15 first round picks, where you're taken means nothing. What matters is post draft development and coaching.

If you want to Gripe about Benning go find another thread. It seems from your posts all you do is complain. Why are you a fan of this team if it brings you so much grief Eeyore?

My guess is nothing is good enough for your type. My bet is you're like the guys Sat Shah was talking about post game yesterday, people who are complaining about the canucks on their text line when they are winning, even when they are 4th overall in the league...like they aren't winning the "way the people want"....

smh

There's always a scapegoat with these people. Benning will always be the enemy, for example, no matter what.

• Cheers 1