Danila Klimovich | RW

3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I probably have not seen all of your posts but I found this bit funny  😄

weeee! lets complain about a team in 4th place in the NHL and one point out of first overall!!

Particularly when we haven't made the playoffs and have been bottom feeders for how many years?

But lets complain ABOUT THE TEAM, since that's what Nihilistic Canucks "fans" like to do! Particularly, with a team one point out of first overall a quarter way through the season, with 3 players in the top 6 in scoring, the leading goalscorer in the NHL, a goalie who's looking like he'll be up for the Vezina and a dman who could win the Hart and Norris...

SO MUCH TO BE BITTER AND COMPLAIN ABOUT...ISN'T THERE?

Or maybe I am just an adult and hearing the whining from alot of fans is childish nonsense

Edited by billydakid
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think anyone is being disrespectful.

Suggesting that he be thrown in as a sweetener in some unspecified trade, at his age, sounds a lot like writing him off. Personally I would prefer that none of our players or prospects read posts like that.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Suggesting that he be thrown in as a sweetener in some unspecified trade, at his age, sounds a lot like writing him off. Personally I would prefer that none of our players or prospects read posts like that.

They are professionals, better get used to critics 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

They best learn to stay off social media as well, or at least limit to friends and family. 

22 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I'll make sure the kid doesn't read any of the comments here when he comes over for dinner next Sunday 🙂. Trying to introduce him to some Jewish traditions (4th night of Chanukkah) 🙂 

Tell him real fans are really excited for him and are cheering him on! And can't wait to see him graduate to the Canucks in a couple of years!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Absolutely! That's why they don't take the opinions of dude's who skate on their ankles  and believe they're experts because they watch hockey and play nhl24 seriously- because those same dudes have zero clue what it takes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bobby James said:

He's not hurt anymore is he? 

Didn't see him in the Abby lineup card for the last game. I wonder if he's getting scratched regularly. Hopefully he gets some games in going forward, he's still young and him sitting a bunch seems like a waste. 

He couldn't play in the last game because he fell sick.  He should return for the next one.  Kid's having

some bad luck, healthwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:25 PM, Bob Long said:

It is what it is. 

People are allowed to have an opinion.

Having an opinion doesn't mean one should ALWAYS use it when it could hurt someone else. I come from a time period when it's better not to say anything if it's not nice. We certainly have lost our way with this generation wanting to make the next hot take. There is a difference between being honest with critique and being an asshole. Overall, social media has been a lot bigger than anticipated and it's gotten way out of control with opinions. Yes, it's free speech, but people have almost no qualms about saying something because there are next to no consequences, but plenty of harm for those involved.

Edit: Not meant to talk about Bob Long specifically.

Edited by PureQuickness
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Having an opinion doesn't mean one should ALWAYS use it when it could hurt someone else. I come from a time period when it's better not to say anything if it's not nice. We certainly have lost our way with this generation wanting to make the next hot take. There is a difference between being honest with critique and being an asshole. Overall, social media has been a lot bigger than anticipated and it's gotten way out of control with opinions. Yes, it's free speech, but people have almost no qualms about saying something because there are next to no consequences, but plenty of harm for those involved.

But my good pal Bob Long isn't being an asshole; if anything, he's remaining cool while being antagonized. It's not insulting to say of someone that they're not going to make it to the NHL. Nothing Bob's said in this thread can be construed as outrageous and people are simply upset with him for having little belief in Klimovich. Meanwhile Bob's opinion on him is entirely reasonable.

And players don't read these boards, but if Klimovich came across Bob's posts in this thread and they affected him to any serious degree, then Klimovich has much bigger problems than his hockey career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 112 said:

But my good pal Bob Long isn't being an asshole; if anything, he's remaining cool while being antagonized. It's not insulting to say of someone that they're not going to make it to the NHL. Nothing Bob's said in this thread can be construed as outrageous and people are simply upset with him for having little belief in Klimovich. Meanwhile Bob's opinion on him is entirely reasonable.

And players don't read these boards, but if Klimovich came across Bob's posts in this thread and they affected him to any serious degree, then Klimovich has much bigger problems than his hockey career.

I suppose I should've clarified in my post that most of my message was not meant to be attributed to Bob Long specifically, but to people in general. I appreciate you defending on his behalf and also in a civil way so that I can amend my post to clarify this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

Edit: Not meant to talk about Bob Long specifically.

All true, but this is a discussion board so it's pretty much all opinions 😄

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 112 said:

Don't worry, he doesn't read social media 🙂 

• Haha 1

Haven't been watching Abby other than highlights, but it doesn't seem like Klim is getting much time. Is it worth sending him to Kalamazoo for top six minutes or is that a death sentence?

On 12/2/2023 at 1:08 AM, -AJ- said:

Haven't been watching Abby other than highlights, but it doesn't seem like Klim is getting much time. Is it worth sending him to Kalamazoo for top six minutes or is that a death sentence?

He’s hurt again, slowly recovering. Was hit in his last game in the first period and didn’t come back. Just shitty luck this season for now.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1