[PROPOSAL] Trade one #WeAreGoldStar player for another

The Kuz seems to be in Tocchet's doghouse.  There is a chance he may never get out of his doghouse.  So it's either Tocchet or the Kuz that stays.  My money is on Tocchet.  So what do we do with Kuzy?  Well, we can just trade him for another Gold Star client.  That might make everyone happy, including our assistant GM Dan Milstein...

To Vancouver:

Artem Zub

To Ottawa:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Noah Juulsen

Ottawa needs more scoring.  We need a top 4 RHD that can defend.  A trade made in heaven really.  From Russia with love...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 4

• Elias Pettersson changed the title to [PROPOSAL] Trade one #WeAreGoldStar player for another
10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Kuz seems to be in Tocchet's doghouse.  There is a chance he may never get out of his doghouse.  So it's either Tocchet or the Kuz that stays.  My money is on Tocchet.  So what do we do with Kuzy?  Well, we can just trade him for another Gold Star client.  That might make everyone happy, including our assistant GM Dan Milstein...

To Vancouver:

Artem Zub

To Ottawa:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Noah Juulsen

Ottawa needs more scoring.  We need a top 4 RHD that can defend.  A trade made in heaven really.  From Russia with love...

Zub is too important for the Sens.  Can't see them giving him up.  

Juulsen is about as worthless as Farhan Lalji's underpants.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Zub is too important for the Sens.  Can't see them giving him up.  

Juulsen is about as worthless as Farhan Lalji's underpants.  

That's a good point about Zub.  He is essentially their only true shutdown defenceman.  Plays top minutes with Sanderson and kills penalties 24/7.  And he's pretty cheap too.

Don't think Kuzmenko's worth that much but they might do Zub for Boeser. I'd have a long hard think about that and to be honest probably say "no", Boeser has been one of the best goal scorers in the league this year and still really under-rated part of our PP. As much as I love prioritising defence, I'd rather we flip someone like Beauvillier or heck maybe even now Kuzmenko for a 2nd pairing defenceman.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Don't think Kuzmenko's worth that much but they might do Zub for Boeser. I'd have a long hard think about that and to be honest probably say "no", Boeser has been one of the best goal scorers in the league this year and still really under-rated part of our PP. As much as I love prioritising defence, I'd rather we flip someone like Beauvillier or heck maybe even now Kuzmenko for a 2nd pairing defenceman.

Hoglander (29), Miller(27%), and Boeser's(24%) shooting percentages are all unsustainable.  They're all going to come back down to earth at some point just like Kuzmenko's has. Last season he scored at a 27.5% clip.  This seasin its come down to 11%.  I'm not saying Boeser"s rebound won't continue but it will cool.  No gm will look at those scoring percentages and think they will continue. 

On 11/27/2023 at 6:02 PM, Miss Korea said:

That's a good point about Zub.  He is essentially their only true shutdown defenceman.  Plays top minutes with Sanderson and kills penalties 24/7.  And he's pretty cheap too.

Sens fans also love him.   They chant his name after a heavy hit or a good play.   Sounds like when we used to chant  Lou. 

• Cheers 1

On 11/26/2023 at 9:45 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

To Vancouver:

Artem Zub

To Ottawa:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Noah Juulsen

In a friggin’ heartbeat Allvin would jump on this. Zub is a legitimate top four D. IMHAO we would need to add a lot more. But with the Sens sucking pucks so bad, maybe we could steal their best all around D like we stole Detroit’s? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

In a friggin’ heartbeat Allvin would jump on this. Zub is a legitimate top four D. IMHAO we would need to add a lot more. But with the Sens sucking pucks so bad, maybe we could steal their best all around D like we stole Detroit’s? 

Hughes     Hronek 

Zadorov    Zub 

Soucy        Willander 

This is what I want next season to go for the cup.

The double Z’s from #WeAreGoldStar will solidify our defence. Willander will come in next season and give us some juice on the 3rd pairing. 

Plus on top of this we still have D-Petey and Hunter B waiting in the wings. 

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I’d do Boeser for Zub. Lekkerimaki will be coming in and will replace either Boeser or Kuzmenko. I’d trade either one for Zub in a heartbeat. 

On 11/27/2023 at 3:02 PM, Miss Korea said:

Zub is an elite defensive defenceman. You know how I like my defensive defenceman. Zub is one of the best. I’d even add a pick or a prospect to get the deal done. 

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d do Boeser for Zub. Lekkerimaki will be coming in and will replace either Boeser or Kuzmenko. I’d trade either one for Zub in a heartbeat. 

Kuz Missile for Zub would be a huge win for us. Sens are a dumpster fire right now. They wasted good assets on Scrub Bud. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kuz Missile for Zub would be a huge win for us. Sens are a dumpster fire right now. They wasted good assets on Scrub Bud. 

They wasted good assets on Cat.  1 year of mediocrity for a 7th overall pick.

You can't pin the blame on Chychrun here.  He is underperforming but he is one player and he isn't even their most important one.  The Sens have a very solid core but all they can do is lose games.  Everyone is gripping their sticks super tight and when the going gets tough, they collapse.  That is on the coach.  Woodcroft and Evason are gone.  Smith is likely next on the chopping block. 

33 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

They wasted good assets on Cat.  1 year of mediocrity for a 7th overall pick.

You can't pin the blame on Chychrun here.  He is underperforming but he is one player and he isn't even their most important one.  The Sens have a very solid core but all they can do is lose games.  Everyone is gripping their sticks super tight and when the going gets tough, they collapse.  That is on the coach.  Woodcroft and Evason are gone.  Smith is likely next on the chopping block. 

Chychscrub is a dough head. Lots of tools, but no toolbox. Million dollar body but a 2 Cent brain. Great boat but no oars for rowing. We got Hronek for less cost. Hronek is a great player. We are great and the Sens are sucking pucks. 
Allvin isn’t a thief though. He would pay fair value for Zub. Likely Garland. 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Chychscrub is a dough head. Lots of tools, but no toolbox. Million dollar body but a 2 Cent brain. Great boat but no oars for rowing. We got Hronek for less cost. Hronek is a great player. We are great and the Sens are sucking pucks. 
Allvin isn’t a thief though. He would pay fair value for Zub. Likely Garland. 

This isn't basketball.  One $4.5M player isn't the reason why Ottawa sucks.  Most Sens fans are just okay with Chychrun.  Once again you have zero idea what you're talking about.

How can we put both these (Hronek & Chycrun), in this opinion.

They are at the opposite ends of talent balance. Both teams are going in different directions.

If memory serves me correctly, both players were brought in assuming they were similar in talent. 

We scored hudge with Hronek , Chycrun is not what Ottawa thought

The irony with both teams is that they are both adding , as of now we are doing it better.