Elias Pettersson | D

On 4/6/2024 at 12:35 PM, spook007 said:

What the alternative? trade him and see him take it to the final level on another team?

He is in a funk right now, and yet still above a point per game... Let that sink in, above a point per game, when he is in a bit of a funk. 

I though of all the things, Vancouver fans would know that most star players don't hit the top till late twenties...

Over 100 point age 24, was en route to replica that season until the resent funk hit him. How much do you suggest he should be paid? or should they trade him?

And in the end Peteys agent says, what he wants... then its up to PA to decide if he is worth it...

Only time will tell, but in a 2-3 years  $11.6 will be the new $9...

Wait and see what Rantanen will be demanding next year or Draiseitl, or McD in 2 years time...

Peteys contract will look good or at least fine in a few years, and at the end of his contract maybe even like a steal...

Well said Spook. Some people are such goofs lol. Super/Star 25 year old 100 point center.

You pay him exactly what he got, thank your blessings, and move on to the important things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

52 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Well said Spook. Some people are such goofs lol. Super/Star 25 year old 100 point center.

You pay him exactly what he got, thank your blessings, and move on to the important things.

biggest thing for me is he was our guy to sign. We can't sign any of the other fantasy hockey dudes. There really was only a choice between lock up our 90-100 pt annual C, or go UFA hunting. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 4/8/2024 at 8:35 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Okay, so it has now been confirmed that that D-Petey goes by E-LIE-AS, same as Lindholm.  So this may be the way they do it.  

E-LEE-AS Pettersson

E-LIE-AS Petterson

This going to be too much fun, when they commentators starts to get themselves in a muddle over this... 😂

• Haha 1

He moves very well for a big guy, and the physical part of his game is obvious.

I imagine Abby will be a bigger step-up for him next season than Lekkerimaki, but if they take their time he should be fine in his development.

Wouldn't expect him to contend for a call-up quickly but he looks like a legit player imo. Next year will be important for him.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He moves very well for a big guy, and the physical part of his game is obvious.

I imagine Abby will be a bigger step-up for him next season than Lekkerimaki, but if they take their time he should be fine in his development.

Wouldn't expect him to contend for a call-up quickly but he looks like a legit player imo. Next year will be important for him.

Pretty much exactly this. 15 points in a full AHL season would be reasonable expectations. Woo and Truscott would be ahead of him for call-ups next year. One full year AHL and a second one where he does get call-ups would be a natural progression for him before earning a full-time spot. Let him learn how to be a difference-maker, make plays, and matchup against team's top scorers at this level.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

Pretty much exactly this. 15 points in a full AHL season would be reasonable expectations. Woo and Truscott would be ahead of him for call-ups next year. One full year AHL and a second one where he does get call-ups would be a natural progression for him before earning a full-time spot. Let him learn how to be a difference-maker, make plays, and matchup against team's top scorers at this level.

Truscott walked. You must be thinking of McWard. Even he didn't play last game and neither did Brisbois. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Truscott walked. You must be thinking of McWard. Even he didn't play last game and neither did Brisbois. 

No, I was definitely thinking of Truscott. I must have missed that. But yeah he'll have to leapfrog McWard and Johansson as well.

Edited by MatchesMalone

9 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

No, I was definitely thinking of Truscott. I must have missed that. But yeah he'll have to leapfrog McWard and Johansson as well.

Woo, Johansson and McWard are all right shots.  So I doubt Tocchet calls them up if a left shot goes down.  It’s either D-Petey or Hirose.  Maybe Wolanin too.  The way the Canucks have set up their D, I think that D-Petey is a perfect replacement for Zadorov, Soucy and Cole if all 3 are still around next season…

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Woo, Johansson and McWard are all right shots.  So I doubt Tocchet calls them up if a left shot goes down.  It’s either D-Petey or Hirose.  Maybe Wolanin too.  The way the Canucks have set up their D, I think that D-Petey is a perfect replacement for Zadorov, Soucy and Cole if all 3 are still around next season…

Soucy signed a two or three year deal didn’t he? Hes definitely going to be back. Cole and Zadorov are both UFA’s. 

44 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Soucy signed a two or three year deal didn’t he? Hes definitely going to be back. Cole and Zadorov are both UFA’s. 

And Soucy seems to miss a few games here and there with injuries.  That might play into EP 26 next year.  

• ThereItIs 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:05 AM, kettlevalley said:

And Soucy seems to miss a few games here and there with injuries.  That might play into EP 26 next year.  

Soucy's had a brutal season in terms of keeping healthy. Hopefully he can have better luck next season healthwise.