Elias Pettersson | D

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I think Abby sees him this spring unless he gets another serious look from the SHL. He has more to be gained with where ever he gets lots of TOI.   

TOI for development is important, for sure.  He probably will make an SHL team next season, so

that may be the right place for him to be.  I'm not sure if he is ready for Abby quite yet.

Lekker is ready for Abby, so the management might think it would be good for d-P

to come to NA together.  More than likely, they'll leave him to marinate in Swe as they

did with Johansson.

• Cheers 2

I think I like the idea of EP2 getting one full season in the SHL if he would get minutes. But if not come to Aby.

or if he just wants to come to any right away and there will be a spot for him to get some minutes and adjust to Namerican ice bring him down.

i think his style he will thrive in closer, physical hockey will just have to adjust to the timing / speed and keep developing 

20 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I think I like the idea of EP2 getting one full season in the SHL if he would get minutes. But if not come to Aby.

or if he just wants to come to any right away and there will be a spot for him to get some minutes and adjust to Namerican ice bring him down.

i think his style he will thrive in closer, physical hockey will just have to adjust to the timing / speed and keep developing 

Wouldn’t hurt if he’s in the SHL but his game is much more suited to the smaller rink. He’s the type of guy that could transition quickly. I could see him being an excellent partner with Hronek or someone similar one day

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 10:03 AM, Boudrias said:

I think Abby sees him this spring unless he gets another serious look from the SHL. He has more to be gained with where ever he gets lots of TOI.   

I'd rather he gets at least one full year of SHL before coming over. Allsvenskan is a pretty good league but it's a big step to AHL from there.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

EP’s team is done March 7.  
I don’t know if there is anything else needing to be done before he can come over, but we should see hung early/mid March by the looks of it. 
Im jazzed to see the big fella in Abby soon!

Pack him safely in his shipping container and mark, Priority Overnight Shipment for Fans of Vancouver Canucks.

Then call FedEx or DHL for urgent pickup! 🙂

• Cheers 1

On 1/20/2024 at 9:22 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Boy Hunter and D-Petey would make a perfect defensive pairing going forward, their games complement each other so well. Looks like we have Luke Hughes - Nemec lite over here now.

Sorry but guess you are being sarcastic, yes?

10 hours ago, Bonkers said:

An article in Swedish media posted a couple of hours ago said he was in Amsterdam (airport) on the way to Van today.

image.png.a183dfc28b4e4b3208de48b8e5bc0748.png

If he flew on nonstop KLM he probably landed in Vancouver a couple of hours ago. Check out todays flights on flightaware