Sawyer Mynio | D

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

I've been tracking Mynio and Kudryavtsev all season. Either or both of them may turn out to be NHL defensemen. As you mentioned, Mynio is up to 52 in 59, while Kudryavtsev has 47 in 65. While Hunter Brzustewicz's numbers are 89 in 64, he benefits from playing on a good team with high scoring forwards. Mynio's Seattle team was a powerhouse last year but seven of their top ten scorers are gone, and their top two scorers are both defensemen.  (Hanzal and Mynio) Kudryavtsev's Soo Greyhounds bottomed out last year and are a team on the rise this year and he is fourth overall in team scoring and its top scoring defenseman. With these two guys showing promise, and Tom Willander having a solid rookie year at Boston U, the loss of Brzustewicz doesn't feel so bad.

I’m impressed by the 15 goals myself. More than what Brzustewicz has if I remember correctly. Lots of really big goals in that 15 as well. 

Got my Sawyer Mynio mini bobble head at the Thunderbirds game tonight! Wooo! He had an awesome game despite not hitting the score sheet. Super excited for him. I’ve been to 7 thunderbirds games this season and he’s been so impressive all season.IMG_1233.thumb.jpeg.a9148bb27c197e57950e933a10c1939c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 3/17/2024 at 10:09 PM, Curmudgeon said:

I've been tracking Mynio and Kudryavtsev all season. Either or both of them may turn out to be NHL defensemen. As you mentioned, Mynio is up to 52 in 59, while Kudryavtsev has 47 in 65. While Hunter Brzustewicz's numbers are 89 in 64, he benefits from playing on a good team with high scoring forwards. Mynio's Seattle team was a powerhouse last year but seven of their top ten scorers are gone, and their top two scorers are both defensemen.  (Hanzal and Mynio) Kudryavtsev's Soo Greyhounds bottomed out last year and are a team on the rise this year and he is fourth overall in team scoring and its top scoring defenseman. With these two guys showing promise, and Tom Willander having a solid rookie year at Boston U, the loss of Brzustewicz doesn't feel so bad.

Not to mention having E Pettersson as a D prospect as well.

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Saw on Capfriendly that he's been assigned to the minors. Haven't seen a post anywhere about it. His season is over, might as well get him some experience with the other prospects.

I wonder if he will be just practicing with the team as he is only 18 iirc.

9 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I wonder if he will be just practicing with the team as he is only 18 iirc.

That's my guess. Send him down there, let him get some experience from watching and practicing with an older, Pro group and see what it takes to be at that next level.

Kid has potential, giving him a little look at what needs to work on will help him for next season.

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2024 at 10:09 PM, Curmudgeon said:

I agree, I think Bruz became expendable after management saw Mynio's progress. He was drafted almost solely on his defensive prowess, Im guessing this kind of offensive upside was unexpected. If Sawyer can even carve out a Troy Stetcher-esque type of career, thats already a win

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If they were twice as good we wouldn't need twice as many😎

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If they were twice as good we wouldn't need twice as many😎/s

@Ghostsof1915I edited it for you and gotcha.... April fools!

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...