Kirill Kudryavtsev | D

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Very good

Hes gonna take time but if he goes the full dev route and through abby I am convinced he will play NHL games. I dont know what his ceiling will truly be but with where he was drafted if he even plays bottom pairing minutes or call up minutes for us hes a massive draft win.

So the extra patience with his development will go a long way.

Right now we have 4 extremely promising d prospects:

EP2-Willander

KK- Hunter Bruahsjlhakjghsakgluawizs

Then not to mention our College FA that both look like they will be players:

Hirose-McWard

Its just exciting as our d pipeline was a barren wasteland.

This killed me.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Kirill Kudryavtsev is tonight's 1st star of the game. 

This kid is really good. Currently tied for 3rd in OHL scoring for defencemen.

He plays behind the Soo's other top defencemen Artuu Karki (2nd in OHL scoring for D-men) and Andrew Gibson. If he was the Soo's top dman he would probably put up a few more points.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/27/2023 at 7:12 PM, Blitz-Pix said:

Kirill Kudryavtsev is tonight's 1st star of the game. 

This kid is really good. Currently tied for 3rd in OHL scoring for defencemen.

He plays behind the Soo's other top defencemen Artuu Karki (2nd in OHL scoring for D-men) and Andrew Gibson. If he was the Soo's top dman he would probably put up a few more points.  

He plays'behind' him, but often that may be because he is the superior defensive player and gets to play the defensive role. 

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

He plays'behind' him, but often that may be because he is the superior defensive player and gets to play the defensive role. 

Artuu Karki...currently in 2nd place in OHL scoring (for defenceman) is lethal on the Soo's power play. Artuu has a cannon of a shot and scored 8 of his 12 goals on the PP (I believe). He's only a +2 (Kirill +9) on 1 of the highest-scoring teams in the OHL. So, I'm not sure he's a superior defensive defenseman but I would agree that he's probably a superior offensive defenseman. 

IMO you can't solely rely on Plus/Minus stats, as it can be skewed and not a true reflection of a player's game.      

15 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Artuu Karki...currently in 2nd place in OHL scoring (for defenceman) is lethal on the Soo's power play. Artuu has a cannon of a shot and scored 8 of his 12 goals on the PP (I believe). He's only a +2 (Kirill +9) on 1 of the highest-scoring teams in the OHL. So, I'm not sure he's a superior defensive defenseman but I would agree that he's probably a superior offensive defenseman. 

IMO you can't solely rely on Plus/Minus stats, as it can be skewed and not a true reflection of a player's game.      

I think Ray was saying that KK was likely the better defensive d man but doesn't get the big PP minutes that Karki would. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Olli Juolevi said:

I think Ray was saying that KK was likely the better defensive d man but doesn't get the big PP minutes that Karki would. 

My bad,  I interpreted it as Karki was the better defensive player. 

Kirill does wear an "A" which (to me) would indicate he is one of the team's leaders. 

Not sure if it's permanent or rotating though...their roster doesn't name a captain or alternates yet. (from what I saw)    

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

My bad,  I interpreted it as Karki was the better defensive player. 

Kirill does wear an "A" which (to me) would indicate he is one of the team's leaders. 

Not sure if it's permanent or rotating though...their roster doesn't name a captain or alternates yet. (from what I saw)    

No prob. It’s true, Kirill is very sound defensively. It reminded me of when Rathbone started a season paired with Fox and was racking up the points, but the team was struggling, so they bought up another D to pair with Fox and put Rathbone on the second pairing behind Fox to support the D. The team improved a lot. Being able to use Kirill on the second pairing is an enormous luxury.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

This is his last season of Junior, isn't it? I think he's Abbotsford next year...

I would think so, he turns 20 in February. Not sure he has much left to prove in Junior. 

Abby will have to make some space cause I think Hunter Bruz will be in Abby next year as well.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1