Free The Skate Letter to Bobby Lou

Bobby Lou one of my 4 favourite Canuck goalies of all time. With this and finding about him not wanting to retire and willing to be traded back to Van, just reaffirms I was right. One thing I have always really liked about this team is that multiple jersey variety. I think it gives Fans much more choice to express their love for this team. No carbon copy fans, We are free to be who we want to be. GCG

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

Been a while since we had a jersey thread I guess.

While I prefer our current jerseys as the permanent ones, I don't begrude Lu for sharing his opinion on the matter.

Personally, I feel we have it perfect right now with the skate as a third and the Orca as our main logo. I also love the stick-in-rink as a third, but the Skate is kind of fun with totally different colours to mix it up.

• Like 3

meh i don't mind the current jersey now that they got rid of the giant VANCOUVER that was plastered on it.. i absolutely hated that version of the jersey.. it's like some cheap tourism advertisement for the olympic or something to promote vancouver.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Wow someone needs help with his/her cursive.   64 ... should have great cursive, instead has none.   Seeds of doubt.   If Lou likes it more, it's OK.   What a strange thing to say.   Not a good look from a fan.  I think I might write a letter and thank Lou properly, with respect.     1970 - 2024.  Is 54 years, plus 11 is 65.   At least he got his math right.  

Bieksa said they wanted to wear the skate.  And why not?  It's the uniform they grew up with.    Lou's favourite goalie was Grant Furh.   Coco was amazing.   Incredible glove hand, and an incredible athlete in general.   Just like Lou.    I'd free the skate for the playoffs too. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Wow someone needs help with his/her cursive.   64 ... should have great cursive, instead has none.   Seeds of doubt.   If Lou likes it more, it's OK.   What a strange thing to say.   Not a good look from a fan.  I think I might write a letter and thank Lou properly, with respect.     1970 - 2024.  Is 54 years, plus 11 is 65.   At least he got his math right.  

Bieksa said they wanted to wear the skate.  And why not?  It's the uniform they grew up with.    Lou's favourite goalie was Grant Furh.   Coco was amazing.   Incredible glove hand, and an incredible athlete in general.   Just like Lou.    I'd free the skate for the playoffs too. 

Cursive skills typically falter with age.

Entering one’s retirement years can substantially reduce the use of pen and paper. Without use muscle memory fades and fingers may become stiff and sore with arthritis.  

With so much communication done with key strokes handwriting skills are declining across all age groups. 

Examine the handwriting of most seniors, grandparents for example,  and you will see age results in poor penmanship. 

Kudos to the letters author for taking the time to put pen to paper and expressing himself.

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

8bwkfw.jpg

NEOOOOOOOO 

STOP PLAYING GOLF NEOOOOOOOOO

What if I told you.... YOU HAVE TO WRITE A LETTER NEOOOOOOOOO 

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Cursive skills typically falter with age.

Entering one’s retirement years can substantially reduce the use of pen and paper. Without use muscle memory fades and fingers may become stiff and sore with arthritis.  

With so much communication done with key strokes handwriting skills are declining across all age groups. 

Examine the handwriting of most seniors, grandparents for example,  and you will see age results in poor penmanship. 

Kudos to the letters author for taking the time to put pen to paper and expressing himself.

My parents still have great cursive.   And are a lot older then 64, as do their peer group (war babies, early boomers).    Do agree if you don't use it though, you lose it.   I couldn't use cursive to save my life.   Despite it being a thing through grade school still.    Don't agree with him either.  Or see the point.   Seems a little petty. 

Edited by IBatch

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

My parents still have great cursive.   And are a lot older then 64.   Do agree if you don't use it though, you lose it.  

I said typically falters. Clearly not everyone loses their finger dexterity. 

Different eras and occupations result in different trends in health and aging characteristics. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I said typically falters. Clearly not everyone loses their finger dexterity. 

Different eras and occupations result in different trends in health and aging characteristics. 

We don't have to start anything.  I'm just going by personal experience, my great grandmother, lived to be 100.    Her cursive was flawless.  My grandparents, until they were in their early 90's, also excellent.   Everyone had to do this, until I don't know, maybe those younger then 45?   Not sure.  And admit you lose it if you don't use it.   But writing letters was the norm pre-internet, and personal.   From that viewpoint, do appreciate it.   And i never got more then a C+ for mine (try writing in cursive, left handed, truly we should have been born in China).    Even my kids have some interest in this, both Uni aged now.    Can say that, my Aunts, Unlces (surviving) and most folks up until my generation, sure know how to put pen to paper and do this.   So it makes me wonder.  That's all.   And with swollen knuckles.  And a lot of arthritis from living.    64 and bitter over this to the point of writing a letter.   I'd be a lot more convinced, if it was in cursive is all.    Peace man.  It's ok.  Agree we should all get our say too.   Also agree with Luongo.   It wouldn't be so terrible, and it wasn't so terrible either.    Neither is our current look.    Think it fits BC and Vancouver, that we have so many uniforms really.   No Buffaloslug either, although the first version of the Orca was pretty close.   Someone bringing up Buffalo made me laugh out loud.   All the teams, in the late 90's, tried and copied us.    Dallas.  Buffalo.  It got pretty black.   Who else, owned that? 

Edited by IBatch

I loke the modern versions of the black but the white’s weren’t great, not really all that interested in seeing those again. 
I would like to go back to light jersey’s at home and dark on the road. The opposite just kind of means every game looks the same. Generally it is the dark unis that look best so all we get is a constant stream of homogenous ugly uniforms. 
Would like to see them switch the orca to something similar but actually designed by an indiginous artist, they have done some beautiful specialty ones recently before the league bent the knee to hate. 

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I loke the modern versions of the black but the white’s weren’t great, not really all that interested in seeing those again. 
I would like to go back to light jersey’s at home and dark on the road. The opposite just kind of means every game looks the same. Generally it is the dark unis that look best so all we get is a constant stream of homogenous ugly uniforms. 
Would like to see them switch the orca to something similar but actually designed by an indiginous artist, they have done some beautiful specialty ones recently before the league bent the knee to hate. 

Like to see a poll on that.  Maybe the whites wouldn't look great in the sort of resolution we have now, but back when we used to use VCR's to record games (the you-tube generation, can thank us die-hards for a lot of that footage, recorded over - who knows maybe the previous hockey games or an episode of Cheers or something).   The Whites were a lot easier to see as far as TV goes back then, didn't like the blacks as much (because the numbers wouldn't pop).    There is a reason why they made the fox puck.   Watching hockey back then wasn't the same.  The home whites, were preferred.    And the fox puck was of course ridiculous.    

Sometimes, you just should leave things how they are.    Think they got everything right for our fanbase as it is right now. 

Edit: The one grotesque part of the current blacks, of course are that fucking ugly TD thing.   It's disgraceful.   Covid is over, players got their money. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1