Nils Höglander | #21 | LW

Rubik

Hoglander has to go up with Petey, if anyone can spark his friend it's him right now. Up there in league scoring in points and goals per minute. I know Rick wants him as more of a grinder and energy player but look at PDG and Mikheyev - Hoglander can play that role. I'm surprised he's not getting an opportunity but maybe he will in this next back-to-back.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hogs was the best Canuck last night by a wide margin. I expect his TOI goes up and his spot TOI on the top 6 goes up. His game is highly disruptive and opposing d-men cannot contain him. If his linemates could finish better he would have another 10 points. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Sativika said:

Love this kid. Since day one when he played his first game with us. Does he dare attempt a Michigan under RT's rule? To be honest, whenever he's scurrinyin' around behind the opposing net by himself, I find myself expecting him to do so.

I've been dying for him to try it. You can see that even at the NHL level, he has the skill to do it.

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've been dying for him to try it. You can see that even at the NHL level, he has the skill to do it.

He does. But he's not going to get that much time at the NHL level, and it would need to be in a situation where he doesn't have anybody in front of the goal line to pass to. Eventually it will happen.

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Happy birthday Hogs! Always had faith you would catch on and score + 30 goals. I see a lot of Brendan Gallagher in your game. 

Great comparable. They definitely feel similar.

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

The team is doing great. But PP2 sucks and I do not get why the 4th best goal scorer on the team is not getting PP time. 

Hate to say it, but maybe take Garland off that unit. Not sure why, but he has a long history of being ineffective on the PP, despite how you'd expect him to perform.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Hate to say it, but maybe take Garland off that unit. Not sure why, but he has a long history of being ineffective on the PP, despite how you'd expect him to perform.

I would be taking Lafferty and Mik off and adding Hogs and Joshua.  Garland plays off Joshua well and Hogs can shoot and playmake.  

• Like 1

Hoglander's apple places him into 118th in all-time Canuck scoring.

117 Mike Ridley C 112 26 47 73
118 Nils Hoglander RW 184 38 34 72
119 Pit Martin RW 131 27 45 72
120 Gerald Diduck D 265 17 55 72

• Thanks 1

Really want to see Hogs get more of the Pius Suter treatment and get some opportunities to move up and get more minutes and opportunities.  Get that 11/game up some.  He has earned it.  

Whatever we do, don't trade him.  

• Cheers 2