The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

There Will easily be another 1000 dead Russians in the past 24 hrs ,.

( and the following clips are just minutes of the past 24 hours)

Now what do you think @Whorvat?

That you have a potential future as someone's chief propaganda officer

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

There Will easily be another 1000 dead Russians in the past 24 hrs ,.

( and the following clips are just minutes of the past 24 hours)

Now what do you think @Whorvat?

Just ignore the troll, buddy. He and his 17 posts indicate that there's a good chance he's here for a specific reason and just preparing ground for more bs.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's only propaganda if it's promoting an ideal.  The facts are, a lot of dead Russians.

That's a reality 

No doubt there are a lot of dead Russians, but I've been lightly following this thread for quite a while and I see only good news for Ukraine posted. If I were basing my understanding of the war solely on what's posted in this thread, I'd believe Russia is on the ropes. But that's not necessarily the reality; Russia has the means of continuing this war in the long term.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 112 said:

No doubt there are a lot of dead Russians, but I've been lightly following this thread for quite a while and I see only good news for Ukraine posted. If I were basing my understanding of the war solely on what's posted in this thread, I'd believe Russia is on the ropes. But that's not necessarily the reality; Russia has the means of continuing this war in the long term.

its because RuZ is not advancing ,.  The War Zones you see on maps, usually hilighted in pink , and inside UKR borders, is a graveyard of approximately 410,000 RuZ dead troopers .

Ukraines losses / dead amount to approximately 125,000 .

You have to understand that UKraine has many surviving , wounded troops, many that return to the effort. 

RuZ will terminate their own wounded .

.. but the way RuZ Orcs are hit , it’s usually lethal one way or the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 112 said:

Feel free to contribute what you can find.

I don’t find much, if any,

that isn’t propaganda from RuZ,.  But that’s RuZ’s own doing as well,  they control it.

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Feel free to contribute what you can find.

I don’t find much, if any,

that isn’t propaganda from RuZ,.  But that’s RuZ’s own doing as well,  they control it.

To some extent I suspect a degree of Ukrainian disinformation campaign. The AFU have had several months to plan around a reduced support from the USA. There are timelines involved in this supply and it has not been cut to zero. Meanwhile the pressure on other NATO supporters has resulted in increased shipments. I am not suggesting Ukraine can succeed without USA support. What I am suggesting is Ukraine is increasing pressure on their American supporters to find a solution to the political impasse that exists there.

Ukraine has to have a resumption in full American support as well as a continuing increase in European support. At that this does not mean a resumption in past levels. All support must increase and the sophistication of the weapons supplied must also improve. So called political freedom of expression in places like Poland and Germany must be eliminated. Would Churchill have allowed pro Nazis to March in London in 1942? I have problems with Euro attitudes at the best of times. However Canada is full of this crap as well so enough said. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 112 said:

You're dead right. Unfortunately, some posters here get bent out of shape on news of Russian gains (claiming it to be fake news).

We all want Ukraine to prevail here.I try to post the true reality of the situation (not as a biased cheerleader).

Here is another reason why Russia could win this war.

Edited by Honky Cat
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

For me personally, 2024 is one of the lowest points in this war. Putin has held ground, and waited out until the West started stalling on their aid to Ukraine.

If the MAGA/Putin/Trump faction block aid to Ukraine, we could see Russia start making some rapid gains.

Edited by Honky Cat
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

It's only propaganda if it's promoting an ideal.  The facts are, a lot of dead Russians.

That's a reality 

There's a lot of dead on both sides. Yet if one were to solely follow this thread, you'd think  that every Russian in Russia has died, and Ukraine has suffered no losses.

I suspect it has to do with who those people follow, as to what information they're being relayed

If they're only receiving information promoting one side of the war, is that not propaganda by definition?

"information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

There's a lot of dead on both sides. Yet if one were to solely follow this thread, you'd think  that every Russian in Russia has died, and Ukraine has suffered no losses.

I suspect it has to do with who those people follow, as to what information they're being relayed

If they're only receiving information promoting one side of the war, is that not propaganda by definition?

"information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

What are you proposing we do then?

2 hours ago, Whorvat said:

No, because the information is generally accurate even if only one side. The problem is that there arent reliable sources for Ukrainian losses like there are for the Russian ones. For some reason Russia would rather lie about things even if the truth is less damaging to them. They care more about drowning out any true information than actually informing people of things. So if the generally reliable sources dont post info on Ukrainian losses, then we dont hear as much about it. But this thread isnt all good news either, there have been lots of posts of information that wasnt good news, just not nearly as many as the other way. Partly that is because Ukraine is doing far more damage than they are receiving (although the current issues are resulting in that not being as successful. There were places in the war where Ukraine was killing 10x as many Russians as they were losing. But Russia is a hell of a lot bigger than Ukraine and has 3-4x the population so they are able to keep going despite their losses.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1