Zadorov Suspended 2 games

Zadorov suspended 2 games for actions in Canucks game

Defenseman disciplined for illegal check to head of Red Wings forward Raymond

By

NHL Public Relations

@PR_NHL

February 8, 2024

I'm livid. A well known diver , and not the main point of contact IMO. Thoughts ? 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nikita-zadorov-suspended-two-games-for-canucks-by-nhl-player-safety

Edited by cuporbust
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Cant turn back time.

I think it should have been 1 game or less... 'time served'

Best thing now is for Zads to align his crosshairs and remember Raymond for the future.

Blow this kid up with a clean hit the next time we play them.

Knock the Oscar performances right out of his soul. 

Yup. Big Z cleaning out guys trying to go east-west at our blue line is great to see. We need more of that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Cant turn back time.

I think it should have been 1 game or less... 'time served'

Best thing now is for Zads to align his crosshairs and remember Raymond for the future.

Blow this kid up with a clean hit the next time we play them.

Knock the Oscar performances right out of his soul. 

Lol isn’t his first game back against the Wings again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Baratheon said:

Lol isn’t his first game back against the Wings again?

Ohh, really?

Fun storyline.

In warm -up Zad should float around the centre line humming the Jaws theme while staring at Ray...

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I just saw the Reilly hit. Gathering information?? He cross checked him on the head. You too a couple of hours against Zadorov and are dragging your feet with Reilly. Easy five game suspension. Intent to hurt. It seems like likely are trying to find a way to not give him anything or lesson the punishment. The league is a joke. He should get a two game suspension in the mean time until they figure out what they are going to do. What information do you have to gather?? Crosscheck to the head and not a light one. League is a joke at times.

Toronto organization:

Starz GIF by Power Book IV: Force

The loser that got hit reaction is hilarious 

the memes that can be made from that flop should be equally hilarious.looked like William dafoe in platoon  gahahahaha.

IMG_4187.jpeg.0633637c22f90f809aab81e26b9faa52.jpeg

Z shouldn’t have gotten anything the loser he hit should have gotten 5 minutes for being a diving bitch. 

IMG_4188.gif.c0dafb4be4d01c6d470968d4d76a32d4.gif

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

this is clearly NHL anti canuck bias at work.

splitting hairs, they are clearly  trying to curtail our muscle's initiative pre playoffs.

first offence, no injury, embellished, and still 2 games. 

shanahan is a merc henchman

• Upvote 1

Unfortunate helmet to helmet contact.

Raymond skating with a bent over style, with his head hanging low contributed to the severity of the hit. Shouldn't have to tell him this but Raymond keep your head up.

Zadorov mistimed the hit. The perfect timing is hard to do coming across the ice at NHL speed but should have been shoulder to shoulder. The timing was off by a minuscule portion of a second.

The worst part of the contact was helmet to helmet. Wonder if Zadorov had also fallen down, rolled around on the ice and looked groggy, if there even would have been a penalty? Incidental contact. Part of the game. Shit happens. Get up and dust yourself off. Go through the concussion protocol if necessary.

I hope that Zadorov does not allow this suspension to change the way that he plays. His value to the team is largely that of a big crease clearing behemoth that can intimidate the opposing players with hard open ice hits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Artemus said:

Unfortunate helmet to helmet contact.

Raymond skating with a bent over style, with his head hanging low contributed to the severity of the hit. Shouldn't have to tell him this but Raymond keep your head up.

Zadorov mistimed the hit. The perfect timing is hard to do coming across the ice at NHL speed but should have been shoulder to shoulder. The timing was off by a minuscule portion of a second.

The worst part of the contact was helmet to helmet. Wonder if Zadorov had also fallen down, rolled around on the ice and looked groggy, if there even would have been a penalty? Incidental contact. Part of the game. Shit happens. Get up and dust yourself off. Go through the concussion protocol if necessary.

I hope that Zadorov does not allow this suspension to change the way that he plays. His value to the team is largely that of a big crease clearing behemoth that can intimidate the opposing players with hard open ice hits.

Precisely.  It was a mistimed hit, plain and simple.  I don't want to hear any worthless arguments suggesting Raymond dove or tried to sell the call.  That's absolutely ridiculous.  The initial contact point was shoulder to shoulder but Zadorov's poor timing resulted in a big follow through across the head.  You can't do that in today's NHL.

• Cheers 1

Bad hit, probably deserved to be fair despite the 5 and a game. I'll take the odd dirty hit and play like this if it means Zadorov destroys players in the playoffs and sticks up for our team-mates. We can kill off a 5 minute powerplay any time but we can't seem to stand up for our fragile super-stars, especially when they'll have a target on their backs in the playoffs.

• Like 1

5 and a game was fine. This is now pretty much a 3 game suspension. Cause I am pretty sure this happened decently early into the game. Oh well. What's done is done. The league is in a weird spot now though. If this is 2 games for mistiming a hit, what is Rielly's blatant attempt at taking someone's head off worth?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The dopes at the DOPS are incapable of anything resembling consistency in punishment. They give Zadorov 2 games for a hit against a weakling diver but are still dragging their heels on the suspension they’re giving that shitstain Reilly? Why bother having the department?

Watch how low he gets to make the hit legal. The initial point of contact is shoulder on upper chest. All of the subsequent contact is a result of his size. Not even an illegal hit to my mind, but I watched it frame by frame, so I can forgive the refs. The player safety review as per usual got it wrong even with the ability to watch in super slow motion.

5 minutes ago, Left Wing Nut said:

Watch how low he gets to make the hit legal. The initial point of contact is shoulder on upper chest. All of the subsequent contact is a result of his size. Not even an illegal hit to my mind, but I watched it frame by frame, so I can forgive the refs. The player safety review as per usual got it wrong even with the ability to watch in super slow motion.

Could he have timed it better?  Yes.  Does the follow through go right across the head?  Yes.  That's all that matters.

Come on folks. 
Let’s take the homer glasses off. 

That was a bad hit. 
He missed the check and contacted nothing but the head with his shoulder.  
2 games is fair.  

Having said that, Raymond is a horrible actor and deserves the get creamed next game.

I have no issue with them calling it a major , although ridiculously over punished with another game ... It is what it is.

But 2 games ? Given that Reilly's hit would need to be season ending for him for the calls to be even remotely on a level field 

And it's becoming systemic with players of all teams putting on theatrical performances....  Don't like the way to often used official re review to look for more officiating we have seen this season 

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Could he have timed it better?  Yes.  Does the follow through go right across the head?  Yes.  That's all that matters.

Exactly. I'm not a fan of the two games after the circumstances, but the responses here trying to say it was fine are blind homers.

It was totally an illegal hit. Zadorov mistimes it and doesn't end up hitting squarely through the body (any shoulder contact was glancing) so any resulting head contact is illegal. That's how the rule has been for years now. If you don't hit squarely through the body, jump into the hit or otherwise do something illegal (elbow, charging, late, etc) that results in head contact then it's a potentially suspension worthy hit.