[Report] Leafs Hit a New Low - Trying to Trade Crap for Gold

Haha kind of funny and reminds me of trading in EA Sports games.

To be fair, you give enough draft picks, even in lower rounds, and you do get considerable value. How much would it be worth if a team just traded you their 7th round pick for the next 20 years? Not even sure if that would be allowed, but it's an interesting thought experiment.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

:classic_laugh: I was thinking the most obvious move would be to move one of their forwards BUT, their top 7 forwards have some kind of No movement clauses and their top 5 have FULL NO MOVEMENT CLAUSES, they are definitely up a creek without a paddle, LOVE IT!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/countdown-to-tradecentre-leafs-trying-to-go-with-volume-for-defenceman-1.2077177

No 2nd round picks, no 1st round pick next year, and don't wanna move their 1st this year.

So the strategy?  Go around the league trying to sell off a package of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks for guys like Tanev, Walker, etc.

Holy fuck the Leafs are just a dumpster fire of mismanagement.

A good lesson for PA and JR.  Spends your assets wisely

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Dubas fired, Treliving has $16M in the summer to upgrade a tired-looking defence.

Proceeds to sign a smörgåsbord of guys who can't play a lick of defence.  Bertuzzi.  Domi.  Klingberg.  Reaves.  Comedy.

Things you LOVE to see

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

A good lesson for PA and JR.  Spends your assets wisely

There is no lessons here for PA or JR to be had. They are more interested in building a team and not just appeasing a few chosen players.

5 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

I think Myers doesn't deserve as much hate as he has over the years. I appreciate Myers while acknowledging he is the ultimate chaos giraffe. I don't think there's anyone that can adequately replace what he does, but freeing up 6M will be quite palatable. There's a reason Myers hasn't been scratched or benched over the years.

$6 million and some picks means you can add pieces like Tanev and Greenway as examples.

Folks forget Tyler Minors from the bubble and how problematic that was.  We are also generally a bigger and tougher team than then.  Zadorov, Joshua, Juulsen, Cole, etc can all handle themselves fine in the physical department.

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

There is no lessons here for PA or JR to be had. They are more interested in building a team and not just appeasing a few chosen players.

Meaning don't blow all your assets on a one year run

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Meaning don't blow all your assets on a one year run

Meaning don't spend all your money on too many offensive forwards and over spend on them to boot. Then to top that off? Give them NTC's. :classic_laugh:

• Cheers 2