[GDT]Vancouver Canucks hosting Pittsburgh Penguins Feb 27 2024 7pm PST.

Elite GDT surely means a big win. Coming off a huge game, we've always got the chance of slipping up but surely it'll boost us. We're going to be playing some playoff-hungry and very desperate teams going into the TDL so will be a good test rather than a trap game.

I like the 3 centers split across different lines.

6-3 Canucks

Petey will finally silence some haters with a hat-trick

• Like 1

I know many people are opposed to this. I would like to have Woo in for chaos. It can't hurt to try this out for a game. 

I believe Woo needs to show his level.

Mik on the first line? Others are more deserving. 

Just play rough ,intelligent hockey. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Looks like Tocchet has really thrown the forwards into a blender, those lines don't look too good IMO. Another quiet game for Petey is my guess, with Mik as his winger.

Canucks are probably still good enough to beat the Penguins, if they stick to the staples. 

• Upvote 1

• -dlc- pinned and featured this topic

I think when Joshua comes back they should give the lotto line a go and put Hoglander with Lindholm, Bains deserves a long look, rotate Aman and Laff etc if you have to, keep guys fresh too. Pretty much officially in the stretch now. Rest Demko every 4? Games, when Soucy is back rotate the D even too. 

Petey Miller Boeser

Hoglander Lindholm Suter

Joshua Blueger Garland

PDG Lafferty/Aman Bains

Or

Petey Miller Boeser 

Hoglander Lindholm Bains

Joshua Blueger Garland

PDG Suter Lafferty

Aman

Bains brings that energy to the 4th same as Hoglander was doing making it much more effective. If PDG gets playing like he started the season and Lafferty too hell yes thats a great 4th whoever ends up there. 

• Vintage 2

36 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's the C depth experiment 

I don't hate it myself. When Joshua comes back the bluegers reform and we have 4 mixed lines. My worry is that suter/mik/4th line are going to miss chances but then there's more consistent play across lines. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Looks like Tocchet has really thrown the forwards into a blender, those lines don't look too good IMO. Another quiet game for Petey is my guess, with Mik as his winger.

Canucks are probably still good enough to beat the Penguins, if they stick to the staples. 

I agree; Mik on line one?  https://www.nhl.com/canucks/stats  Maybe showcasing? 🤣

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its a good time to experiment with this a bit. If we can roll 4 more effective lines thats good, although we have been solid 5 on 5. 

One thing that I like is if we end up picking up more winger depth, its easy to slot guys in and try different winger fits.

I'd like us to add a forward with some scoring touch, mentioned silinger in the past but happy to try anyone who won't upset team chemistry, love a guy like eberle too. 

• Upvote 1

The silver lining of Joshua being out is that the Garland, Joshua, Blueger production will slow a bit for these final 20 games or so resulting in likely a lower ask for the next contract for Blueger... Joshua is gonna get a solid raise either way.  Looking at a Greenway type deal I'd be guessing.

• ThereItIs 1

Nice to see a different, fun take on the GDT, although I've enjoyed them all this season. All this winning makes everything better!

Who knows, maybe Crosby stays in town after a huge post-game trade is announced! :classic_ninja:

• Like 4