[Proposal] Petey for Marner

straight up, hockey trade.

would you ? 

Personnaly, i prefer Marner over Petey, but the UFA year in 2 season scares me.

Marner (57gp 23g 49a : 72pts)
Age 26 May 5, 1997
Markham Canada
Right Wing shoots right
6'0" 183 cm
172 lbs 78 kg
Under 11M until 2025 (UFA next)

Petey (61gp 29g 46a 75pts)
Age 25 Nov 12, 1998
Sundsvall Sweden
Center shoots left
6'2" 188 cm
185 lbs 84 kg

6 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

straight up, hockey trade.

would you ? 

Personnaly, i prefer Marner over Petey, but the UFA year in 2 season scares me.

Marner (57gp 23g 49a : 72pts)
Age 26 May 5, 1997
Markham Canada
Right Wing shoots right
6'0" 183 cm
172 lbs 78 kg
Under 11M until 2025 (UFA next)

Petey (61gp 29g 46a 75pts)
Age 25 Nov 12, 1998
Sundsvall Sweden
Center shoots left
6'2" 188 cm
185 lbs 84 kg

If we move Petey, we need a bona fide 1c/potential 1c coming back. Value wise trading a Center for a Winger is not a good idea. Skill wise they are comparable though, but I think our needs for a future 1c matter, and we need that coming back.

Edited by Bardown

16 minutes ago, Java1 said:

With the weird rumor about B. Tkachuk maybe getting traded I would be asking about a trade around Petey and Brady. I would think Brady plus but curious about others thoughts on this?

B. Tkachuk and Pinto for Petey?  

I just imagine Brady in the playoffs, on Miller's wing. Tocchet would love him. That line could be very difficult to play against.  Petey, maybe not so much, as I think he could struggle with the playoff physicality. Still, OTT would be getting a 100 point player to play with Stutzle, and together they'll terrorize the Leaves for years to come. 

Tkachuk - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pinto - Lindholm

• Cheers 1

That is an interesting deal and something that Allvin would definitely look at.  I would do this...

Tkachuk        Miller            Boeser

Hoglander     Lindholm     Lekkerimaki

Joshua          Pinto            Garland

Bains             Blueger       Podkolzin

This would free up alot of cap space and we get a true top 6 power forward plus our 3C...

Myself personally I'd send him to Arizona or CBJ to stew in his juices if he chooses not to sign here. But if I'm being realistic. Canucks should continue to contend with or without Pete. 

NY 

Zabanejad  + Cuylle + 2nd

Fla 

Tkachuck + 2nd

NJD

Nico Hischire + Hameenaho + 2nd

LA 

Kempe + Brandt Clarke + 2nd

That would make Johnny T the most expensive 3rd line centre ever.  The team already has serious balance issues as it is.

I also don't think Marner would want to move too far away from his family.  He could just block the trade.  Who knows.

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That is an interesting deal and something that Allvin would definitely look at.  I would do this...

This would free up alot of cap space and we get a true top 6 power forward plus our 3C...

I'd like that, or switch Brady and Hoglander for some balance and depth (ofc you were going for Swedish and American lines).  
With that we'd have one guy on each line who can drop the gloves, and with the 1-2 million in cap space saved (depending on how much Pinto re-signs for) we could more comfortably re-sign or replace Cole, DeSmith and Myers.

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This could make sense.  Brady and Huggie are close friends.  Trading Petey would free up the money for Lindholm

Edited by kettlevalley
Coeecting auto correct
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

This could make sense.  Brady and Huggie are close friends.  Trading Petey would free up the money for Lindholm

100%.  The Tkachuks and Hughes brothers are all very close.  So this would allow Hughes to want to stay here long term.  And also Tkachuk has a cap hit of $8.2 million locked in for 4 more years, so we'd have enough cap savings to re-sign Lindholm and Zadorov and Joshua and Blueger.  We could keep most of the team together and also maximize asset management by not allowing Lindholm or any of the other free agents to walk for nothing...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

48 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

That would make Johnny T the most expensive 3rd line centre ever.  The team already has serious balance issues as it is.

I also don't think Marner would want to move too far away from his family.  He could just block the trade.  Who knows.

No to Marner but I would be all over the Brady Tkachuk deal if Petey refuses to re-sign...

We're not going to trade Pettersson and Pettersson >>> Marner as an overall player.

"IF" we were going to trade him, it wouldn't happen right now, they want to see what this team can do together with the right additions, they wouldn't mess with overall chemistry at this point of the season

In summer, personally, I would consider:

To Chicago

Pettersson

2025 1st, unprotected

2026 2nd

To Vancouver:

Bedard

But, we are NOT trading Pettersson, he will be signed here in summer once the season wraps up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

B. Tkachuk and Pinto for Petey?  

I just imagine Brady in the playoffs, on Miller's wing. Tocchet would love him. That line could be very difficult to play against.  Petey, maybe not so much, as I think he could struggle with the playoff physicality. Still, OTT would be getting a 100 point player to play with Stutzle, and together they'll terrorize the Leaves for years to come. 

Tkachuk - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pinto - Lindholm

Just posted a scenario like this and was blasted. I still think Petey resigns, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Sens new owner seems adamant on a culture change. They get a star that's put up back to back 100 point seasons and we get players that may fit Tocchets scheme a bit better. 

Dont want to see the kid go, im trying to avoid the noise and the speculation, but if he indeed does not want to stay one guy I would love to see here is  Joel Eriksson Ek.   With all due respect to Marner we need more size  in the top 6.   

Before some of you laugh here are my reasons:

1. Cheap cap hit of 5.25 signed till '29 will give them flexibility to retain other prominent ufas

2. He is big at 6'3" 210lbs and its not a friendly big , he mixes it up in the dirty areas. Has Anze Kopitar written all over him, back in the day when Anze was a dominant center winning cups.  Its not like Kopitar was a 100 pt center but he did all the little things like dominate in the corners, play well defensively and put up points in match up roles. Ek looks very similar imho.

3. Ek is excellent defensively and has still  scored 28 goals in 59 games.  He can improve too imho

4. Still relatively young at 27 yrs old.  Can probably put in 5 good years with Miller as #1 and Ek as #2 center.

Probably wont happen as he has a NMC but we are all spit ballin here....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would throw in McDonough and Turscott to make it more appealing.

But yes you would have to get Lindy signed for three plus years first to make it work.Plus Tkachuk give a deal to extend him.

I would rather have Tkachuk on this team for playoffs then EP.

11 hours ago, Pears said:

(Proposal) Stop trying to trade Pettersson

stop willing to give him the bank key's... 
i know its only speculation, but if we talk about 12M, how could Vancouver keep or sign high profils guys if a large chop of the cap is swallow by him ? 

If he want a contender team, he has to stay below a reasonable limit.

and tell me what 12M can do that 10.5M can't ?