Feedback and Bugs

7 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Mr. Fancy-Pants tablet guy over here...

Just like guys who need big lifted trucks to make up for certain deficiencies, some of us need over-sized cellphones in the form of tablets to make up for our.. uh.. nevermind.  🙈

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I was wondering about the merging posts bit, but it looks like someone asked. So, if I wait more than five minutes between posts they won't merge? Or if someone posts before I post again? 

Correct. Your rapid posts in a GDT won't merge because you're unlikely to post twice in a row without anyone else in between. Most other threads don't have rapids posts by only one user and in most cases where they do, they'd be better served as just one post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

Is it possible to add a toggle on the main screen to switch between dark and light theme? 

Best I can do is the theme selector at the bottom of the page. Apparently the next board update will bring a toggle though (not sure when).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Best I can do is the theme selector at the bottom of the page. Apparently the next board update will bring a toggle though (not sure when).

That would be awesome. I usually use the light during the day and dark at night or darker places. 

• Like 1

I understand the need for advertising, and support it, but recently it seems there was a shift.  At the top of the page there was a small-ish ad in the right hand corner.  Today, it's a banner ad across the top.  If I have a vote in the matter, I preferred the corner ad.

If not, then it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

I understand the need for advertising, and support it, but recently it seems there was a shift.  At the top of the page there was a small-ish ad in the right hand corner.  Today, it's a banner ad across the top.  If I have a vote in the matter, I preferred the corner ad.

If not, then it is what it is.

Thanks for letting me know! Trying it out for a bit, and I've removed the footer ad to try to balance it. I like the top corner ad too, but it only appears on the homepage. I could add a sidebar to topic views, but that likely won't go over well either. I will try to limit the size of the header ad a bit as well (if I can figure it out).

Still searching for the right balance of non-intrusive and making just enough to pay the bills.

• Cheers 4

48 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Thanks for letting me know! Trying it out for a bit, and I've removed the footer ad to try to balance it. I like the top corner ad too, but it only appears on the homepage. I could add a sidebar to topic views, but that likely won't go over well either. I will try to limit the size of the header ad a bit as well (if I can figure it out).

Still searching for the right balance of non-intrusive and making just enough to pay the bills.

Yeah, just pay the bills, man.  Who cares if we get some ads.  Pocket any extra cash you get.  You've deserved it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ribs said:

On the mobile phone format the ads is huge and a bit distracting, anyway to get that back to the footer? 

Just now, Crimson JH said:

On the mobile phone format the ads is huge and a bit distracting, anyway to get that back to the footer? 

I'd love to but it turned out the footer ad was 100% useless.

If anyone's curious though, these are the options:

image.png

As well for anyone seeing the ads, you can use uBlock Origin to just get rid of them here (and everywhere else). It's what I use all the time!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ribs said:

I'd love to but it turned out the footer ad was 100% useless.

If anyone's curious though, these are the options:

image.png

As well for anyone seeing the ads, you can use uBlock Origin to just get rid of them here (and everywhere else). It's what I use all the time!

Wish they have one for the app on my iPhone. It look like it’s only for browser plugins. 

I seem to have lost the option to vary the font size within a reply or post. Not long ago it was an option clearly visible on top of reply window. Is it gone all together or am I just too computer illiterate to see/find/use it?

Attached is a picture of my options. Is this now the norm?

IMG_8834.thumb.jpeg.438dc14fb785eff457a329eba67ab261.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I seem to have lost the option to vary the font size within a reply or post. Not long ago it was an option clearly visible on top of reply window. Is it gone all together or am I just too computer illiterate to see/find/use it?

Attached is a picture of my options. Is this now the norm?

IMG_8834.thumb.jpeg.438dc14fb785eff457a329eba67ab261.jpeg

Is this a cellphone screen capture?  If so, have you tried viewing the reply screen by turning the phone into landscape mode?  I find that when the reply screen has more real estate to work with, more options appear.

Desktop version example:

portrait - image.png.040ae29ff597c83907cd4a7e5d00fa58.png

landscape - 

image.thumb.png.899119b0748a8720793f2d975caf058d.png

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Is this a cellphone screen capture?  If so, have you tried viewing the reply screen by turning the phone into landscape mode?  I find that when the reply screen has more real estate to work with, more options appear.

Desktop version example:

portrait - image.png.040ae29ff597c83907cd4a7e5d00fa58.png

landscape - 

image.thumb.png.899119b0748a8720793f2d975caf058d.png

Thanks for your reply 6of1. Yes , I’m always using a mobile I phone and typically have it held in portrait view. When I turn it sideways into landscape info get more options so you were right. 

However, I am still missing many functions, pic attached…

IMG_8835.thumb.png.9e38851ad0d8f0f8447953fa2f684c2b.png

Any more ideas or thoughts? Do I need to go into settings and make changes to screen appearance?