[Proposal] Quiet Here, Let's Talk Hronek

What if Hronek demands more than PA/JR are willing to spend?  Who would you trade him for?

Here's my proposal.

To OTT:

Filip Hronek

To VAN:

Jakob Chychrun

Shane Pinto

Would balance out our roster nicely.  OTT would love this too as it balances out their D pairs really nicely (Chabot-Hronek, Sanderson-Zub)

We can then go UFA dipping for a big ticket RHD (Pesce?)  Wouldn't even need to trade Mikheyev or Garland yet. 

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Petey-Podkolzin

Joshua-Pinto-Garland

PDG-Suter-Lafferty

Hughes-Pesce

Chychrun-Soucy

Zadorov-Juulsen

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Chychrun AND Pesce?

Goodbye Zadorov it was nice knowing ya

why not keep big Z and dump the giraffe ( trade his rights or sign/trade at the draft) 

Hughes - Pesce

Hronek - Soucy

Cole - Zadorov

Juulsen - Chychurn 

looks like a pretty fair 8 d-men. ( I know I've probably got the pairs messed up )

Edited by grumpyone

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Chychrun AND Pesce?

Goodbye Zadorov it was nice knowing ya

Cap #s still work to keep Zadorov at $4.25M.  I have Pinto penciled in at $3.75M and Pesce at $7.25M. 

image.thumb.png.5d06192981fcba354b2b0d7a0f7bbdf8.png

Edited by HKSR

Hmm, in essence (presuming you let Lindholm walk in your proposal since he's not listed there), that's

Chychrun + Pinto + Pesce (UFA) for Hronek + Lindholm.

2nd/ 3rd C who's strong on draws and plays in all situations, who'll be cheaper than Lindholm but also suited for a depth role, plus Chychrun who can be an all-around guy carrying the 2nd pair, and Pesce for 1st pair RHD for an offensive D who might be overpriced and a solid if slightly underachieving 2nd C?  I'd do that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm not sure Hronek really fills what Ottawa needs tbh, or that we'd get Pinto AND Chychrun for him 

Scoring isn't their issue, it's keeping the puck out of their net that does them in 

Ottawa was really high on Tanev leading up to the deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if they throw 5M at him 

Hughes was able to play the way he did because of Hronek 

He is so patient with a puck and understands the game 

Hronek is one of the main reason why Vancouver played like this compare to last year 

Now trade him? 

On 3/24/2024 at 11:16 AM, occ78 said:

Hughes was able to play the way he did because of Hronek 

He is so patient with a puck and understands the game 

Hronek is one of the main reason why Vancouver played like this compare to last year 

Now trade him? 

I’m sure the only reason this is debated is because he might be asking for 8 mill a season which could be out of Vancouver’s budget.

I'm kinda' on the fence with Hronek. I get that he's looking' for the big payday. Can't fault him for that. 

On the other side of the coin, we have Huggy playing lights out this season 'cuz he's paired with a talented RH partner who helps him be that guy. It's tit for tat rally.

If ya' look at Hronek's demand for 8mil per; yea. It's more than Huggy makes now, but when Huggy's contract is up, he'll get a double digit mil per year payday and Hronek's 8mil will seem not to bad after such.

I don't know how RFA vs UFA works, but can we not get something in trade if we can't make it work for Hronek!?!?!?!???? Is it easy as that. Just trade him? What about qualifying offers an' all that jazz???!?!?!? 

In what world would Ottawa remotely consider trading pinto and chychrun for hronek?? Literally getting fleeced upside down. Trade 1 top 4 for 1 top 4 and top 6?sign me up

Edited by wai_lai416

11 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

In what world would Ottawa remotely consider trading pinto and chychrun for hronek?? Literally getting fleeced upside down. Trade 1 top 4 for 2 top 4?sign me up

Chychrun is rumoured to not be willing to re-sign but I agree both those pieces seem pretty rich for Ottawa to pay.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Chychrun is rumoured to not be willing to re-sign but I agree both those pieces seem pretty rich for Ottawa to pay.

prolly coz they already have 2 LD at 8mil.. they can't really afford to pay another LD big money.. even though he can technically play RD.. but regardless ottawa wouldn't be able to pay hronek around 7.5-8mil anyways to re-sign him with 5 players at around 8mil and up already

Would Hronek be where he is without Hughes? 

While l tend to understand, he was exactly what we need for the pairing. Can he remain elevated on another team? 

I don't think he can.

He should no be paid more than Hughes. 

Edited by snowman955

Hronek isn’t worth 7m or more, keep him if he signs in the 6-7m range.

he has played with Hughes all year basically and might crack 50pts…

if he wants to get paid then trade him and recoup a 1st or I like the Pinto idea, would’ve gone after him instead of overpaying for ufa Lindholm.

my 2 cents

I don't really see Hronek going anywhere. 

I believe PA and co. will get a deal done.

We have a lot of young defenders coming into their own and could be seeing the NHL in the, not too distant, future.

Tom Willander, iril Kudreyavtsev, and D-Petey are looking really promising.

I can see all three being solid NHL options in two to three years. 

I think whoever is lost this offseason can and will be replaced in free agency.

• Like 1