[First Round] Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs. Los Angeles Kings (P3)

Who will win the series?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Oilers in 7
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 4
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)

I hope that is the last we see of the 1-3-1 for a LONG time

Hey the Kings held McBust to one goal.  It's the little victories that make it all worth it... right, LA?

Edited by Miss Korea

Oilers are looking better this year than last.

They have multiple years of playoff experience, they have Skinner playing really well, (at least for an average NHL goalie) and their offensive machine is being complemented by a defense which is playing stingy.

Right now I would say they have to be one of the favorites to come out the the Western Conference.

If Canucks get past Nashville, and based on the way both teams are playing now, the boys from Expo Blvd will have a tough time.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Always hated this team. First it was Messier now  McDavid. got them both because they stunk to high heavens.

??  They came into the league with WG ... didn't stink for long.  They got Messier,  Anderson, Kurri from great drafting (amongst others),  plus Lowe, Coffey, Furh from smart drafting.    Sure would have been nice if JB or any Canuck GM for that matter, was capable of 2-3 years of drafting like that.   Almost right away they were beating teams like the Habs in the early 80's, showing that a bunch of 20-22 year olds were about to own the league.     

McDavid yep, almost  decades of poop waiting for their savouir. 

Edited by IBatch

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Oilers are looking better this year than last.

They have multiple years of playoff experience, they have Skinner playing really well, (at least for an average NHL goalie) and their offensive machine is being complemented by a defense which is playing stingy.

Right now I would say they have to be one of the favorites to come out the the Western Conference.

If Canucks get past Nashville, and based on the way both teams are playing now, the boys from Expo Blvd will have a tough time.

EDM and Dallas have been since the start of the season.     Then EDM flopped.   Think it's still pretty wide open.   COL looks pretty good right now too. 

Edited by IBatch

Oilers fans are hoping for the Canucks over Nashville even though we won the regular season series 4-0 including some blow out wins. They think the Canucks are a light offensive team and Nashville plays heavy. I would pay to see Zadorav crush any one of the coilers.

Canucks need to close out the series tomorrow in Nashville. Then we need to spank the Oilers back to being mediocre.

• Cheers 1

Ha ha Kings! Losers. Best players are over the hill and their younger guys suck pucks. Won’t make the playoffs next season. Fans will stop going to their games. Empty rink. Dead franchise. Loser city. Ha ha ha!!!

20 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Oilers fans are hoping for the Canucks over Nashville even though we won the regular season series 4-0 including some blow out wins. They think the Canucks are a light offensive team and Nashville plays heavy. I would pay to see Zadorav crush any one of the coilers.

Canucks need to close out the series tomorrow in Nashville. Then we need to spank the Oilers back to being mediocre.

We do have trouble scoring against some systems, like LA and NSHs committment to their swarming and blocking has been admirable. 

EDM does not play that way. 

42 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Should post up some of the stuff Oilers fans are saying about matching up with Vancouver in the dressing room.

Oilers are winning it all. They dominated the Kings, a team the Canucks struggled against this season. McDavid is on a mission.  Demko is out. Can DeSmith or Silovs stop him?

It's going to take Petey at his absolute best (as well as all players) to win that series (if it happens), and I'm not feeling too confident about Petey putting on a clinic.

But I guess they have to try and knock off the Preds first.  Go Canucks Go

40 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Oilers are winning it all. They dominated the Kings, a team the Canucks struggled against this season. McDavid is on a mission.  Demko is out. Can DeSmith or Silovs stop him?

It's going to take Petey at his absolute best (as well as all players) to win that series (if it happens), and I'm not feeling too confident about Petey putting on a clinic.

But I guess they have to try and knock off the Preds first.  Go Canucks Go

I'd take Dallas, Colorado, or Vegas over the Oilers any day. 

Oil are a tough team to start when they're going, and they're a team that will burn you on the powerplay. Our PK has held up against Nashville, but if we get past Nashville and continue to end up on the PK the way we have it could get ugly quick. 

Posted (edited)

Special teams were ultimately the difference, the Oil went 9/20 on the powerplay and their PK was a perfect 12/12

r/hockey - Oilers special teams had big impact in round 1. Scoring 9/20 plus 2 just after powerplays expired and on the kill a perfect 12/12. How will this performance play out for the rest of the playoffs?

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Special teams were ultimately the difference, the Oil went 9/20 on the powerplay and their PK was a perfect 12/12

r/hockey - Oilers special teams had big impact in round 1. Scoring 9/20 plus 2 just after powerplays expired and on the kill a perfect 12/12. How will this performance play out for the rest of the playoffs?

Oilers match up perfectly against the LAK.  Not surprised with this result at all. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'd take Dallas, Colorado, or Vegas over the Oilers any day. 

Dallas, Colorado, and Vegas all have bluelines filled with actual NHL quality players.  Edmonton has 1 NHLer, an ECHLer, a PWHLer, and 3 AHLers.  All we have to do is play the body on the gutless coward they have wearing the C and we'll be fine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Ha ha Kings! Losers. Best players are over the hill and their younger guys suck pucks. Won’t make the playoffs next season. Fans will stop going to their games. Empty rink. Dead franchise. Loser city. Ha ha ha!!!

The PLD trade did zip for the Kings.

They would have fared much better with Villardi and Iafalo in their lineup.

• -AJ- unpinned this topic
On 5/1/2024 at 10:35 PM, Darius said:

That Dubois trade really turned out well for LA! Talk about useless. 

Something I was wondering, couldn’t LA do what Edmonton did to Jack Campbell? Send him down to the AHL team. No one’s going to want him from the waivers. Then he’s off the salary cap.