[GDT] Nashville @ Vancouver | Tuesday, April 23rd | Round 1 - Game 2 | 7pt/10et | SNP/W/O/E - SN650 | Kesler Night|

1 minute ago, tas said:

alternately, it was just a poor analogy.

if your whole "persona" is being a histrionic crybaby, maybe it's time to try on a new hat. 

Ok so, your crying about my crying is ok right? Teach me more. 

also, if you’re not going to talk about the game please leave me alone. I don’t feel like getting sucked into a ban. 

23 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that during the period of the regular season that Demko was out where the Canucks struggled Lindholm was also out and that really hurt the team defensively but that’s not the case this time. 

Very good point

It's all about belief.  Play a full 60min, dominate possession and offensive zone time, win the game, and now you have a Canucks team confident in their chances.  They need to play the best game of the season tonight to show themselves that they can do it with any goalie between the pipes.

• Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah if I were PA/JR, I'd be seriously looking at finding a blue chip goalie prospect to come up behind Silovs to keep the conveyor belt of top tier goaltending going.

We do - we have Tolopilo in Abby working on his NA chops!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

It's all about belief.  Play a full 60min, dominate possession and offensive zone time, win the game, and now you have a Canucks team confident in their chances.  They need to play the best game of the season tonight to show themselves that they can do it with any goalie between the pipes.

Everyone is grossly underestimating the preds. They have one of the best lines in all of hockey. We barely edged them with Demko in net. Saros vs DeSmith is David vs Goliath. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Kes ... that's so wishy washy. :picard:

“Which, I lied to them because I was told by upper management and the PR people to not say that I wanted a trade… Someone leaked it, then I had media asking about it and I was like, no.

------

Once Jim Benning was hired, Kesler cut his list down to two teams.

“I was like, ‘Jim, I asked to get dealt last year, Kesler said in a 2021 interview. “It put me in a really bad spot the rest of the year, everybody knew I wanted out. My teammates, everyone.

“It’s not your fault, but two teams now.”

Whatever, he screwed us with that 2 team bs.

He certainly handcuffed Benning and I don’t like it either. I was just pointing out that previous management was given notice and a larger list of team, but nothing came of it.

• Cheers 1

I'd hazard a guess that this 'new' injury to Demko is why Silovs was the Ebug in the last game. The Cauncks must have figured they had a much bigger chance of needing an Ebug, than Nashville.

Perhaps his previous problem had healed, yet he had another nagging issue they were very concerned by.

Also need to add:

Great point

couldn't agree more

think that nails it

Seems like management is trying to get the heat off of them by claiming its the same knee....but a different injury.

I call bullshit.

It has to be at least related. ie. the first injury and the lay off, weakened another part of the knee that had no support because of the first injury etc...

This team has history going way back in rushing players back before they are ready.  This set in stone timeline Thatcher had with the team about being back exactly in time for the Calgary game I was already questioning.  He couldn't play a game earlier, or a game later?  Just seemed a little suspect that he'd come back exactly in time for two games, which I'd think is coincidentally a bare minimum number of games a starter would want before the playoffs.  That is he could have been ready to go "on paper" but not in reality. 

But it is what it is now.  I have faith in DeSmith.  Its just going to take a few hours for me to come to terms with this development and still be as positive about our run.  Should be fine by puck drop, enough to put on a brave face at least :classic_cool:.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Can't be weak and fragile. Either should fans. The team needs the support now more than ever.

LFG! One game at a time!

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, testycal said:

same knee..different injury....could be meniscus damage, could be torn ligament...once you have a knee injury (speaking as a former weekend warrior), damage returns from time to time with the slightest tweak if you move the wrong way not even taking into consideration the movements of an NHL goalie...

Get well soon

Maybe it just needs rest? Maybe he can play only every 4 or 5 days?

Hopefully 

We will see

33 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that during the period of the regular season that Demko was out where the Canucks struggled Lindholm was also out and that really hurt the team defensively but that’s not the case this time. 

Joshua as well. Both Lindholm and Joshua out while Demko was injured really hurt. Especially the PK. Boys tighten up, they will be fine to get through the round.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

So a team that has won all year with defense should now go against that and alter their style?  

Ridiculous, that's playing right into Nashvilles hands.

Nashville scores off the rush........you tighten up even more on defense and double down on the style that's worked all year

I never spoke about changing the style of play. I was speaking more about that we have a “next man up” mentality this whole year and while it’s not great to have our starter goalie back on the shelf, we have the offensive weapons to rise for the occasion.  We don’t need to play run and gun, we just need all (soft) hands on deck. Our towers back there will take care of the D side.

This is a time for Petey to abduct the game like the alien he is and probe these predators.  

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Everyone is grossly underestimating the preds. They have one of the best lines in all of hockey. We barely edged them with Demko in net. Saros vs DeSmith is David vs Goliath. 

DeSmith was in net for a number of the "Goliath" teams while the Canucks were missing more than just Demko and came out with a W.

This is a team game and if all it takes is 1 player to be removed from the equation and that equals an instant loss, then that team has no business calling themselves a contender. Would Edmonton prefer to play with McJesus or without ... Colorado with McKinnon or without ... Knights with Stone or without ... etc ... rhetorical question.

Keep Calm and carry on PNG transparent image download, size: 820x1496px

DeSmith or Silovs will carry this team to a win over Nashville and beyond

Yes for the record I would prefer Bubble Demko to this year's Demko too

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Just wanted to add ...

Great point! Couldn't agree more.

• Like 2