[Second Round] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Boston Bruins (A2)

Who will win the series?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

21 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The difference between Toronto and Boston. Is Boston didn't trade picks away for playoff runs. Toronto sold the farm for rentals.

Boston clearly can scout way better than Toronto. Man that is disturbing.

• Cheers 1

• -AJ- pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The difference between Toronto and Boston. Is Boston didn't trade picks away for playoff runs. Toronto sold the farm for rentals.

Boston clearly can scout way better than Toronto. Man that is disturbing.

Boston paid this year's 1st round pick for 25 games of Tyler Bertuzzi.  Toronto got him for free.

You're not wrong about Boston's scouting (it's a college hockey mecca out there), and you're not wrong about Toronto's overagressive transactions.  But Boston's short-term rentals have never worked out.  I know this... because Boston hasn't gotten far in the postseason since their cup loss to Chicago.  

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I know this... because Boston hasn't gotten far in the postseason since their cup loss to Chicago.  

They were a win away from the cup in 2019...

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I get that they’re getting blown out, but that is a MIGHTY empty arena for a second round, game one home game. The Sportsnet panel might have spoken too soon about how rockin’ a house that arena is now. 

A former GM of the Panthers said he couldn’t give tickets away. Told a story of how kids who bought slipped would get a free ticket and the kids refused the free tickets. Hockey is way down the list in Florida. 
They got destroyed by the Bruins. The Empties predicted Boston in six. Without a crap load of power play opportunities (refs managing the series) this could be over quick. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A former GM of the Panthers said he couldn’t give tickets away. Told a story of how kids who bought slipped would get a free ticket and the kids refused the free tickets. Hockey is way down the list in Florida. 
They got destroyed by the Bruins. The Empties predicted Boston in six. Without a crap load of power play opportunities (refs managing the series) this could be over quick. 

Reminds me of a trip I took with my buddies to Vegas many moons ago, On our way we decided to travel to Phoenix (when the Coyotes were that) first to see Crosby play..They were literally giving away drink vouchers and pucks for free to get fans in with no admission, It was great for us but boy would it suck to be a fan of a team like that!

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Swayman doing Swayman things while Bob hasn't been sharp, that's the difference 

Also the Bruins have built a roster with size and strength to handle playoff hockey as usual.  If you look at their roster, there's a lot of big guys on that team.  Their defence includes:

Carlo 6'6" 218lbs

Lohrei 6'5" 211lbs

Lindholm 6'4" 215lbs

Forbort 6'4" 208lbs

13 of their skaters are 6'3"+ 200lbs+

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Also the Bruins have built a roster with size and strength to handle playoff hockey as usual.  If you look at their roster, there's a lot of big guys on that team.  Their defence includes:

Carlo 6'6" 218lbs

Lohrei 6'5" 211lbs

Lindholm 6'4" 215lbs

Forbort 6'4" 208lbs

Reminds me of a certain teams defense ....Just can't put my finger on it.

46 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Reminds me of a certain teams defense ....Just can't put my finger on it.

Yup.  That's why I have faith in our guys.  Wish our forward group is bigger though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Carlo 6'6" 218lbs

Lohrei 6'5" 211lbs

Lindholm 6'4" 215lbs

Forbort 6'4" 208lbs

Perhaps, but while that helps I credit Swayman and the defensive play of the Bruins in general more than I do their size 

The third period of game seven against the Leafs stands out, they simply couldn't get anything going in the Bruins zone for the most part and one of the few opportunities they did get went in 

Swayman's playing some next level hockey too, can't be understated, he's one more game like this away from tying the modern record 

Panthers outshot the Bruins 2-1 in the second and third periods yesterday 

Edited by Coconuts

47 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Perhaps, but while that helps I credit Swayman and the defensive play of the Bruins in general more than I do their size 

The third period of game seven against the Leafs stands out, they simply couldn't get anything going in the Bruins zone for the most part and one of the few opportunities they did get went in 

Swayman's playing some next level hockey too, can't be understated, he's one more game like this away from tying the modern record 

Panthers outshot the Bruins 2-1 in the second and third periods yesterday 

Being able to see the puck is a big part of it.  If those defencemen were 2 inches shorter and 15 to 20lbs lighter, I'm gonna venture that swayman would have a harder time in general.  

It seems I'm wanting Bruins to win this series. I can't explain it, I hate the Bruins. Maybe I see Canucks vs Bruins final, maybe I see a Panthers team with too much swagger, maybe I want OEL to lose. I don't know. All I know is I want Panthers to lose, Bruins to win this series. 

26 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It seems I'm wanting Bruins to win this series. I can't explain it, I hate the Bruins. Maybe I see Canucks vs Bruins final, maybe I see a Panthers team with too much swagger, maybe I want OEL to lose. I don't know. All I know is I want Panthers to lose, Bruins to win this series. 

I Agree

That is f'd up.

• Haha 1