Canucks get no respect

Lots of talk about the refs not liking the Canucks these days (what else is new).  But the lack of respect is really coming from the analysts for this series:

https://dailyhive.com/edmonton/every-espn-analyst-picks-oilers-beat-canucks-messier

I say......perfect.  I agree with local press.....if the refs decide to get busy, we're in trouble.  But if they put the whistles away and make McJesus dust himself off and get up, I don't think this is a cake walk for Edmonton, and I give the Canucks a fairly good shot here.  Why?  Because I see this Vancouver club as versatile, being able to play different ways depending on who they have on the other side.  The first hit on McDavid by the big Z should start things off nicely.  Seriously though, the Canucks D can make a series of this.

• Cheers 2

I mean in order for the Canucks to win the series they need all the stars to be on their game.. if they still can’t get ep going this series then I don’t think it’ll be a long series.. and really it’s a game of adjustment in the playoff and so far I have seen 0 adjustment in the Nashville series. The canucks will always have a chance because skinner is not a clutch goalie. It’s going to come down to staying out of the box and play right up in mcdavid face and not give him space to wheel and dish

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

The toughest teams for the Canucks to meet were teams who could shut it down.  Defensively strong teams who can take away the neutral zone, and clog it up between the dots.  Does this sound like the Oilers?  I say, they've got their hands full with a team that blanked them 4-0 in the regular season.  I do pick the Oilers to win because they're more experienced in the post season but I think they're going to have a hell of a time eliminating the Canucks.

Defense and goaltending wins cups.  Everybody knows that.  The Oilers and the Leafs have to win counter to common knowledge.  The Leafs are gone.

• Like 1

i still dont get how the heck so many puts oilers down as favourite to win. they played LA that goes almost man to man aggressive on D which suits oilers perfectly. was the same story during the season. well guess what...our system is way more suited to dismantle that strategy and sets us up for a big fat W 8 times out of 10. im gonna lmao every win we get and even more so when we are through to the next round. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

That’s fine. All the pressure is on Edmonton. If somehow hell freezes over and they beat us, it’s no big deal because everyone expected it.

We are ahead of schedule in terms of competing for the cup by at least 2 years. What a turnaround. 

I have every confidence in our boys to pull off an incredible upset and leave their fans and all the pundits wondering what’s next for them after crumbling yet again. 

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

I mean in order for the Canucks to win the series they need all the stars to be on their game.. if they still can’t get ep going this series then I don’t think it’ll be a long series.. and really it’s a game of adjustment in the playoff and so far I have seen 0 adjustment in the Nashville series. The canucks will always have a chance because skinner is not a clutch goalie. It’s going to come down to staying out of the box and play right up in mcdavid face and not give him space to wheel and dish

Skinner got a shutout win to make the series 3-1 lead when the Kings were desperate. He is much better than in the past. Don’t underestimate him. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Skinner got a shutout win to make the series 3-1 lead when the Kings were desperate. He is much better than in the past. Don’t underestimate him. 

That’s 1 game out of how many in his career? He was good for 1 out of 5 the other 4 he was average to mediocre and he was horrible last year 

• Like 1

Respect is earned and that is job one. Whether the Canucks are taken to school or not this is a great opportunity for the team to learn on the job.

Yes this team does not have the same non-bubble playoff experience as the Oilers. When it comes to playing and losing to the Stanley Cup winners two years in a row then we have no experience. When it comes to finishing second in the pacific, not having home ice and losing then yes we have no experience. When it comes to having our star player put up a tonne of points but still losing we have no experience. 

But when it comes to building together a team of multiple 1st overall draft picks and not winning a cup then yes the Oilers have all the experience. You've had 8 seasons with mcjesus and got nothing - time for our big season when we get our ultimate victory.

(chris rock - 😘)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Funny we just dispatched one of the hottest team since the all star break with our third string goalie.

edm beat a low scoring LA team that had a subpar starter.

our goalies faced more shots and still ended up with better stats. 
the key is to pump skinner early so they all doubt him as they should his career playoff numbers are trash. 
hes the weakest  link lots of shots from everywhere 

and just go old school on mcbitch and play the esa shadow. 

• Cheers 4

What else is new. Fans love to hate the Canucks, and with videos like the one circulating with the kid saying "f u _________" to cheering adults in the background doesn't help matters any.

We were underdogs to MAKE the playoffs for many "expert" predictions.

We were underdogs to beat Nashville by many "expert" opinions.

We are heavy underdogs to beat Edmonton by many "expert" opinions.

Certainly if the Canucks make it past Edmonton, we'll be heavy underdogs to Dallas. (Who I predict will beat Colorado).

That's fine. Maybe it will help other teams to be overconfident.

I believe we have a real chance against Edmonton:

- We killed them in the season series

- We will have to limit penalties, as Edmonton's PP has been on fire

- Do our best to shut down their 2 top lines, as they don't have much else.

- Play physical and with energy every minute.

- Hopefully EP40 gets his shit together and actually contributes on the scoresheet.

- Goaltending will be huge for both teams.

I'm not going to say I'm *confident* that we will win, but I AM confident that we CAN win.

• Cheers 1