Canucks get no respect

12 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Everyone hates this team. We act like we are better than everyone else and we’ve never won shit. Our history is nothing but heartbreak. Sitting here acting like we accomplished something by beating these guys 4 times in the regular season.  

Ryan Whitney, Is that You!?!?!?!?!

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, tas said:

have some pride. 

I’m just saying maybe we should STFU and watch the games before taking the streets and posting videos of 8 year olds screaming profanity. 

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I’m just saying maybe we should STFU and watch the games before taking the streets and posting videos of 8 year olds screaming profanity. 

So should EDM. McBaby hasn't done anything either. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

or, have some pride. I'm not afraid of being wrong about my team. 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Everyone hates this team. We act like we are better than everyone else and we’ve never won shit. Our history is nothing but heartbreak. Sitting here acting like we accomplished something by beating these guys 4 times in the regular season.  

Are you talking about the Leafs 

Edited by grumpworsley

29 minutes ago, tas said:

or, have some pride. I'm not afraid of being wrong about my team. 

Canucks twitter is infamous 

we riot

we cry about officiating 

we cry that nobody in the east worships us

im not saying everyone is a bad fan. However there is a bunch of bad apples that are a huge disgrace and that is why they love to see us suffer. 

15 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

we riot

we cry about officiating 

im not saying everyone is a bad fan. However there is a bunch of bad apples that are a huge disgrace and that is why they love to see us suffer. 

oh, yeah, those behaviours are embarrassing for sure. needing validation from the east is sad and narcissistic. whining about refs is straight up loser behaviour. 

but i sure as hell don't need the team to "win something" before I act like they're going to, either. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Reznor said:

- Hopefully EP40 gets his shit together and actually contributes on the scoresheet.

Pettersson had 3 points in the series... and was one of the keys to the winning goal in game 7.

But unless he gets someone on his line who can pass and playmake with him, it is unlikely Pettersson will put up a lot of points.

Tocchet's linemate matchup for Pettersson hasn't worked for close to 40 games now, you'd think Coach Rick would figure it out.

But no, he prefers to put a top sixer who supposedly was the target of a trade to find someone to play with Petey... on the third line.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-

4 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I’m just tired of people on here talking like they’re some kinda victim to the media when anyone with an IQ +60 can understand how the Oilers are heavy favorites. We have a guy starting who has, what? 12 NHL games under his belt? How can you not think the Oilers have the edge just on that alone. If we win, we are defying the odds. 
This just in, that’s ok. I will never understand why people in this fan base need validation from the media. I LOVE that nobody including myself thinks they can win. Just makes it that much more special if they do. 

How long we need to defy odds for you to be happy? That third stringer goalie is world cup MVP. Used space,what is next?

50 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

we riot

we cry about officiating 

Your opinion is in minority here. Interest me who is bad fan? You or homers(us)?

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Speaking of no respect....

They must have generated this based on our low scoring output in round 1. However, I expect that will change radically in the Edmonton series.

Put $1000 on it then 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

we riot

we cry about officiating 

Vancouver fans are no different than other teams fans. The majority of us are passionate about our team, but there are a few bad apples out there. No different that any other Canadian city.

I don’t really care if someone predicts the Oilers to win. Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one.

What really matters is what happens on the ice. I’m really looking forward to the games, as I’m sure you are.

We will not be defined by the words and actions of a few morans GCC!!!

Edited by PistolPete13
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, LaBamba said:

We are massive underdogs bro. Even Murph just said he wouldn’t pick them to win the series. lol. 

OK, so you're picking Oilers.

Cool.

I'm not.

• Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I think this will be a very close series... I picked the Canucks to win in 7 games.

I don't see a blowout of either team.

Gonna take a lot of very tight, error free play to win.

Agree , completely. I do believe 5v5 is also in the nucks favour. We have a better bottom 6 and will run 4 lines. Heavy on the body.McCrybaby and dipsytal will be upset and frustrated by game 2. Hyman and Kane are the variables 

For what it's worth, Boston got similar results from the ESPN staff, with only 1 member picking them.

Seems that they're comfortable with just picking the favourites, granted the favourites did all win round 1.

Basically its simple:

Two teams play - one team comes out the winner.

One team on paper, is the better team and should win.

But they don't always win

So why not cheer for your own team, even if technically they are underdogs?

Also, the underdogs have a great record in the 2023 playoffs, and other years as well.

https://www.pointspreads.com/news/nhl/the-2023-stanley-cup-favors-the-dog-an-nhl-playoffs-betting-analysis

Underdogs in the 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Dogs Have Over 60 Percent Success Rate Straight-Up

Since the start of the 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs, underdogs have gone 46-29. This is only counting games where the underdog was lined at even NHL odds (+100) or longer. This 62.3 percent win rate would leave most dog bettors with heaps of winnings.

It’s not just Florida either. Vegas, which is one win away from joining the Panthers in the Stanley Cup Finals, is 5-2 as an underdog this postseason. Still, Florida’s run has been lucrative for its bettors. Panthers’ backers would be up over 14.2 units had they bet one unit on them every game.

But this is not the first time it’s happened....."

• Like 1

I'm curious to see which canucks show up, and which stuart skinner. how will he hold up to the vancouver crowd? if he lets in a soft one, watch out. 

3 hours ago, LaBamba said:

"We"?

Maybe you're just hanging out in the wrong places.

Everyone I know is a super awesome, respectable fan. 

We can't celebrate wins? Every team's fans do...don't kid yourself. This is such trash...every fan base has good and bad. 

"Everyone". I'd like to see the survey you sent out.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"We"?

Maybe you're just hanging out in the wrong places.

Everyone I know is a super awesome, respectable fan. 

We can't celebrate wins? Every team's fans do...don't kid yourself. This is such trash...every fan base has good and bad. 

"Everyone". I'd like to see the survey you sent out.

How many riots have you seen since 2011?