Canucks get no respect

It’s the same old story with this fanbase. 1. Get mad at Refs

2. Get mad that eastern media for not staying up till 1am to worship the Canucks.

Who cares? None of it matters. I just can’t make my brain understand why people care about this.

Love watching Donnie Mentally exhaust Dhali, other than that, I really don’t give a shit about what some guy says about a team he doesn’t follow.

Let’s be real here though, why on earth would you ever pick the Canucks over the oilers if you unbiasedly watched the first round? lol. If we beat the Oilers is a HUGE upset. 

6 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

2. Get mad that eastern media for not staying up till 1am to worship the Canucks.

Who cares? None of it matters. I just can’t make my brain understand why people care about this.

Love watching Donnie Mentally exhaust Dhali, other than that, I really don’t give a shit about what some guy says about a team he doesn’t follow.

Let’s be real here though, why on earth would you ever pick the Canucks over the oilers if you unbiasedly watched the first round? lol. If we beat the Oilers is a HUGE upset. 

TO media is pretty annoying tho, and having lived in 2 other provinces I know its equally hated all across Canada, its not just us.

But yes, we shouldn't care. Some will, some won't. 

When was the last time the Canucks had this little pressure on them to win a playoff series? In my 20 years as a Canucks fan I feel like it's never happened before, It's not about what the media and the fans outside our market think of us it's about winning and we can use this to our advantage big time. 

The Oilers are obsessed with wanting to play pretty Harlem Globetrotters type of hockey but if the Canucks can make it an ugly street fight type of series than the Oilers will be outside of their element and that's where we will beat them. 

We haven't got true respect ever. Well maybe the Sedin era but they put an asterisk on it cause they were twins. 

As far as Ontario (Toronto) go, we are still just the expansion team that was put in place because we built the Coliseum.

One would think the Officials would have no problem coming here.

Possibly the Vancouver area is just becoming too off the wall.  Like little Asian kids using the F word repeatedly, in what's supposed to be 

a bunch of fans yelling Go Canucks Go........Anyone hear that garbage?

50 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

So you just started watching during playoffs?

Or did you watch the season unfold? Oilers run very hot and cold, we beat them 4-0 in this season and they were .500 in April.

Same old story with some of this fanbase.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

So the league sent a warning out about diving and embellishing.   

Betting they only sent it to 7 of 8 teams, doesn't apply to you Connor, don't worry your precious little head as it snaps back at a phantom stick.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So you just started watching during playoffs?

Or did you watch the season unfold? Oilers run very hot and cold, we beat them 4-0 in this season and they were .500 in April.

Same old story with some of this fanbase.

Do you really believe the way they played in the regular season matters after absolutely demoralizing a structured team like the kings? They’re 4-1 in the playoffs. The regular season only determines home ice advantage. It plays absolutely no role in predicting the outcome of a playoff series. The Jets owned the Avs and Connor Hellebuyck is going to win the Vez. Did any of those factors come into that series? 

14 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Do you really believe the way they played in the regular season matters after absolutely demoralizing a structured team like the kings? They’re 4-1 in the playoffs. The regular season only determines home ice advantage. It plays absolutely no role in predicting the outcome of a playoff series. The Jets owned the Avs and Connor Hellebuyck is going to win the Vez. Did any of those factors come into that series? 

Their pp's been hot. They also have had 20 pp's and teams can gather some momentum when they're playing with a man advantage.

Just as the regular season doesn't count, nor does the previous round. Clean slate.

Just as the Jets owned the Avs, nothing's written in beforehand. There's a reason they play the games.

It won't be easy, but I'm not as sold as you are on the Oilers. And they've given me reason to not just buy into them sustaining a pace that just slays everyone.

27 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

So the league sent a warning out about diving and embellishing.   

Betting they only sent it to 7 of 8 teams, doesn't apply to you Connor, don't worry your precious little head as it snaps back at a phantom stick.

When he "snivels" at the refs he looks so pathetic. It really is glaring. He's got A goal in the playoffs...not totally smashing it yet. I'm aware he sets up some others but Miller does that too.

I get it, he's phenomenal. Not unbeatable.

Canucks didn't just win all four games against the Oilers in the regular season, they dismantled the Oilers, those were beat downs.  What's changed?  Canucks play even better defensively now and maybe their offense is not as proficient.     

It is a built in excuse to lose if the refs give the Edmonton McPowerplays 4 to 5 powerplays per game.  It is a built in excuse to lose because we don't have Demko.  It's always easy to lose.  But our team won't be making excuses.  

I picked Canucks in 6 over Nashville. Truthfully I underestimated the Predators.  They worked hard and checked ferociously.  Did LA check the Oilers like that, not sure, didn't watch much of the series.  Maybe the expert analysts did?   Canucks may dust off the checking of the Oilers like a bunch of flies in comparison to the hard checking Predators.  We'll soon find out.  

Just now, -dlc- said:

Their pp's been hot. They also have had 20 pp's and teams can gather some momentum when they're playing with a man advantage.

Just as the regular season doesn't count, nor does the previous round. Clean slate.

Just as the Jets owned the Avs, nothing's written in beforehand. There's a reason they play the games.

It won't be easy, but I'm not as sold as you are on the Oilers. And they've given me reason to not just buy into them sustaining a pace that just slays everyone.

The power plays come from their speed. 
I explained both sides of the coin earlier in the thread. 

On one side you have a generational group of forwards who finally have their puck mover and finally have their big minute eater on D. They have grit in their bottom 6 and a capable goaltender. They’re playing with structure and their penalty kill was perfect last round. Their weakness is their bottom 4 D and bottom 6 and they have all the pressure on them. 

On the other side you have high volume hitting. You have a big fast D that frankly wore the Preds down. You could see the fatigue in the last 2 periods. We are more dynamically structured than the kings and we have 3 scoring lines. We also have what looks like the annual goalie story of the NHL playoffs. We are also the underdogs, there are zero expectations from here on out. I feel like we had a lot self imposed pressure since the Allstar game. That pressure is gone now. Our weakness is our top 6 compared to theirs and our power play. 

Some of the most historically good teams have fallen to tight checking and superior goaltending. If the top 6 cancel each other out and we stay out of the box. We could win this series. 

If you are gambling, the odds are against you picking the Canucks because we have more uncertainty. 

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Because the Oilers still have a terrible blueline and a captain who refuses to backcheck or play like a man.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Because the Oilers still have a terrible blueline and a captain who refuses to backcheck or play like a man.  

We are massive underdogs bro. Even Murph just said he wouldn’t pick them to win the series. lol. 

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

We are massive underdogs bro. Even Murph just said he wouldn’t pick them to win the series. lol. 

People massively overrate the Oilers.  They're not a good team and they're about to get exposed yet again. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Darius said:

I think what some people are overlooking as that the Preds actually had a better record than the oilers since the All star break.

Shhhh
Facts always screw up a good story.

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Shhhh
Facts always screw up a good story.

I think its because the Preds dont have a big shiny trinket that generates sports news highlights that people have been conditioned to think is owed a cup at some point because players he is being compared to of the past have won cups.

I had to take a closer look, coz at first take it was surprising , but some more numbers:

Since Feb 3rd

Preds record:  21-7-3 = .726 %  good enough for third best record in the NHL.  Ahead of the oilers

Preds PP : 27.2% = second best in the NHL. Ahead of the oilers

Preds PK: 77.6% = rather mediocre, but still ahead of the oilers

Preds GA = 88 . Better than the oilers

I get it that the oilers can step it up in the post season , but i think their first round numbers are inflated by a favourable matchup against the Kings. Their 5v5 numbers are not overwhelming.   Theres some teams that just match up differently and the Oilers have been in the KINGS heads for years.

Also, Preds are/were criminally under rated by fans and media heads alike.  This was a top team in the second half of the season.

Getting all the info from here:

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/best-nhl-record-since-feb-3

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1