[Signing] Travis Green to Ottawa

9 minutes ago, Canuck-Man said:

He's just not a good coach. Here in Vancouver, and as Interim Head Coach of the devils: https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2024/5/3/24146877/travis-green-really-should-not-head-coach-new-jersey-devils-worse-than-lindy-ruff

I'm shocked they actually want him.

Might be more of a case of no one wanted Ottawa

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Seems like a bit of a weird choice, but maybe options like Berube simply didn't want to come to Ottawa. 

Green didn't have a ton to work with during his time here, it'll be interesting to see what he can manage in Ottawa as they've got a lot of talent on that roster. 

I think the key will be who his assistants end up being. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Seems like a bit of a weird choice, but maybe options like Berube simply didn't want to come to Ottawa. 

Green didn't have a ton to work with during his time here, it'll be interesting to see what he can manage in Ottawa as they've got a lot of talent on that roster. 

Can we trade Mike Yeo for future considerations?

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

Can we trade Mike Yeo for future considerations?

We'd have to add, you don't add legendary locker room presence Future Considerations on the cheap

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Looks like they're going all in on a tank.  Wonder how many guys will be demanding trades to prevent the idiot from sabotaging their careers.

Good. Let’s poach Brady Tkachuk!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Are you kidding me? Not one coach has had the likes of Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, AND the Hughes (on the Devils), along with Hischier, and so forth. Green is a terrible coach and the breadth of work highlights that when he has a similar win rate as Willie Desjardins who isn't an NHL coach anymore AND had a far worse roster than what Green ever did have.

Maybe he could teach a thing or two to Pinto about flying under the radar when running a gambling ring...

...too soon?  :classic_ninja: