[Signing] Travis Green to Ottawa

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There seriously isn't a good AHL or CHL coach they could have gambled on?

Exactly what I thought. A retread that Jersey got to test drive and didn't want. I predict this will end poorly. 

8 hours ago, bh90 said:

it's actually pretty sad to think that those were two of our "top" prospects in pipeline/AHL during this Travis Green years. Hence why i think it's hard to make a determination that Travis Green was a bad coach.

He didn't have many options at his disposal

What exactly has Green achieved throughout his time here? Results matter. The fact that he has had a significant role in constructing the NHL rosters AND his assistants show that he's not a good coach.

6 hours ago, Rekker said:

Ya, wrong. Heff's posts are valuable and from a perspective you apparently can't understand. Not every perspective is derived from a chart or graph or are cut and dry. I enjoy Heff's posts and find them knowledgeable. They can be out there at times, but then I find those posts entertaining and can see the point made and the path taken. Loosen up and you could maybe find some value and humor in the posts as well. Oh, and the racist thing, get a grip and find the real enemies out there.

They're repetitive and they're shit.  Unless you really think hiring an assistant coach was the primary reason for New Jersey failing to qualify this season.  Are you willing to to back him up on such a claim?

On 5/7/2024 at 2:32 PM, BobbyClarke said:

This is a really good move by the Sens. I think Gavin McKenna is worth it. The kids going to be a star in the NHL. 

Yes, what Gavin did at the WJC this year was insane.

And his season in the WHL.

And he is only 16 years old.

9 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

They're repetitive and they're shit.  Unless you really think hiring an assistant coach was the primary reason for New Jersey failing to qualify this season.  Are you willing to to back him up on such a claim?

I am not into going through the posts but I can imagine Heff's comments, lol. I agree with Heff,  Green is AHL trash. He's not a good coach and no one has convinced that he is. Green talks a big talk, but results aren't there 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

I am not into going through the posts but I can imagine Heff's comments, lol. I agree with Heff,  Green is AHL trash. He's not a good coach and no one has convinced that he is. Green talks a big talk, but results aren't there 

His opinion is simple.  He thinks Green is the reason New Jersey sucked this year.  Verbatim.  He thinks the Devils probably would've made the playoffs without him as assistant coach.  It is one of the silliest arguments I've ever heard anyone make and it's been shot down by several posters.

Why bother trying to back him up if you don't even know what he said?

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

@Coconuts or @bh90 can deal with this guy.  I'm too busy learning English.

Sometimes you've just gotta decide it's not worth going around in circles, which is why I don't usually engage with them. They're capable of providing insight but I've found that historically their takes have generally been over the top and I just can't be bothered most of the time.

At least when it comes to hockey talk.

Edited by Coconuts

48 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sometimes you've just gotta decide it's not worth going around in circles, which is why I don't usually engage with them. They're capable of providing insight but I've found that historically their takes have generally been over the top and I just can't be bothered most of the time.

At least when it comes to hockey talk.

You're made of stronger stuff than I am

I think Green to succeed needs an older club.

A young group like the Sens will be a big fail.

That is my opinion but he showed that in the past,maybe he learned and will be better,but I don't see that.

On 5/6/2024 at 2:52 PM, King Heffy said:

The problem is that Green hasn't shown any sign that he's capable of performing any of the duties of a head coach successfully.  He got gifted an assistant job last year and couldn't even handle that.  I just think Ottawa would be better served by hiring a coach who's demonstrated that he's qualified to coach at the professional level at some point over his career.  Green has never done that.

Green's not the reason NJ failed shit goaltending and injuries did them in. He's far from incapable of coaching too. 

On 5/6/2024 at 1:52 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Maybe he could teach a thing or two to Pinto about flying under the radar when running a gambling ring...

...too soon?  :classic_ninja:

Evander Kane's got that covered.

• Cheers 1

Ottawa must be thinking tank because if you're planning on winning hiring Green is not the person you want. And Ottawa better have one heck of a goalie because he's going to be peppered under Greens system a lot. There's a reason team Canada couldn't win a game under Green and struggled to score under his system same reason Canucks struggled to score under his system, it's bad.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/8/2024 at 12:38 PM, King Heffy said:

Both were massive upgrades over useless trash like Petan and Chiasson and still are.  It was clearly obvious at the time to anyone with a functioning brain and should resulted in Green being fired on the spot for even suggesting gifting unearned roster spots to AHL trash.  The fact that Green was so stupid that he didn't realize that is proof that he's simply not qualified to work in professional hockey in any capacity.  You can't have an imbecile line that making decisions that can have lasting impact.

I feel sorry for Ottawa fans who have to see the damage a guy like Green does to an organization.

I totally disagree with Chiasson. He was great for us, but Petan? He was a meh pickup, one of many players that Green used to coach earlier.